2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

Yorkem. I believe you will find the 2012 glide rail plus to be even easier to hit as it has less offset than last years model. That's what I was told anyway. But the enhanced rails really make this club flow easily through the turf. You will enjoy them for sure. Great acquisition and can't wait to read about how far you hit this thing.

TapAhoy!

Very nice. I may have to do the same if I'm so lucky.

My fingers are crossed for you buddy. Hopefully it is waiting for you at the house. Dang that Chunky for taking today off and one of my partners being out sick. I could have left now if even one of them were here.

Yorkem. I believe you will find the 2012 glide rail plus to be even easier to hit as it has less offset than last years model. That's what I was told anyway. But the enhanced rails really make this club flow easily through the turf. You will enjoy them for sure. Great acquisition and can't wait to read about how far you hit this thing.

TapAhoy!

Thanks SMG. I hope this is going to replace the 4i-5i in my bag, so 180-185 and straight will make me very happy.

Sweet! This means mine will be sitting in my carport for 5 days. I hope its there when we get home.

Sweet! This means mine will be sitting in my carport for 5 days. I hope its there when we get home.

Tell One-T to go pick it up and post an unboxing video of it so you can drool. hahaha

I may end up taking it then lol

Just kidding!

I really love the way the head covers look

I have not. Have you? Is there a big difference from the 2011, because I thought that was quite possibly the easiest club to hit ever created.

Let me retract the above statement. The 2012 Mashie M4 is without a doubt, the easiest club to hit, and incredibly consistent. The distance is what I expected, the ball flight is straight and high and it lands soft. This club is exactly what I was hoping, and expecting it to be. I am right back in Mashie love!!!

Let me retract the above statement. The 2012 Mashie M4 is without a doubt, the easiest club to hit, and incredibly consistent. The distance is what I expected, the ball flight is straight and high and it lands soft. This club is exactly what I was hoping, and expecting it to be. I am right back in Mashie love!!!

Great news man! Glad you were able to get it out and get some swings in with it today. I had my gripped after this mornings round so I'll get to see what you're talking about on Thursday...

--
Tapatalk2

Good to hear!!

I really want to add a Mashie 3wood to the bag from everything people have said about them

Great news man! Glad you were able to get it out and get some swings in with it today. I had my gripped after this mornings round so I'll get to see what you're talking about on Thursday...

--
Tapatalk2

You are going to love it Danny. Just a nice easy swing, you hear a click, and the ball is gone!

Good to hear!!

I really want to add a Mashie 3wood to the bag from everything people have said about them

The F3 and F5 are both awesome too Jj, this is actually the M4 hybrid.

I dont know why I have trouble with the F3 because I hit my mashies great. Not giving up and prob go out and test again today on simulator. will test out the F4 instead.

TapAhoy!

What shape is the divot with the fairway wood?

I really don't understand why the shafts on the Mashie Hybrid and FW have to be 0.650" butt diameter. Ruined two NDMC grips trying to get them on yesterday even though I had (barely) gotten two Winn DryTacs on them earlier this year. Then again, if I had the proper regripping set-up I could have gotten them to work.

Oh well, back to Golfsmith later, where they have the 0.650" Cleveland Grips.

That's really nice to hear. I shed a little tear when they didn't show up on Saturday. Something tells me they will get a lot of use.

I dont know why I have trouble with the F3 because I hit my mashies great. Not giving up and prob go out and test again today on simulator. will test out the F4 instead.

TapAhoy!

I am dealing with a similar issue right now my friend, I am having trouble consistently hitting my Mashie fairway wood, but not giving up. Also there is no F4, f5 is next and that is what I have in the bag right now.

Last edited:
Just want to say that I still love this club. It is by far the best fairway I have ever hit out of the rough. Hit a few real good shots with it today.

They are silly easy to make great contact with out of the rough, sadly I've been doing that a little to much lately. Not sure if it's the extra heft to the head or the rails or some combo of the two but it gets through the grass like no other fairway I've ever swung.

Today I took my trusty Tour Edge Exoctics 4W into GolfSmith to compare it with the F5 Mashie. I have wanted to hit the F5 since I have had some success with the Classic and the Hybrids, but had not had any luck hitting it well before. Today was totally different. I was hitting the F5 a few yards farther than my TE but more importantly I was way more accurate with the F5. I was totally sold. I left that store and went to Edwin Watts to give them another shot just to see if it was a fluke. At Edwin Watts I saw last years Cleveland FW in a 3W which I normally have trouble hitting. But this 3W was a 17* which I was unaware was available. I tried it out and loved it. the sticker price was 129.99 but was on sale for 69.00 no brainer. I actually had it cut down to the length of my 4W for more control so I am now consdiering the F5 but the loft is only 1 degree difference so I might grab the 7W instead. Im sure I will still grab a Mashie but it might be a month or so from now. Need to at least give the new clubs a chance.

Today I took my trusty Tour Edge Exoctics 4W into GolfSmith to compare it with the F5 Mashie. I have wanted to hit the F5 since I have had some success with the Classic and the Hybrids, but had not had any luck hitting it well before. Today was totally different. I was hitting the F5 a few yards farther than my TE but more importantly I was way more accurate with the F5. I was totally sold. I left that store and went to Edwin Watts to give them another shot just to see if it was a fluke. At Edwin Watts I saw last years Cleveland FW in a 3W which I normally have trouble hitting. But this 3W was a 17* which I was unaware was available. I tried it out and loved it. the sticker price was 129.99 but was on sale for 69.00 no brainer. I actually had it cut down to the length of my 4W for more control so I am now consdiering the F5 but the loft is only 1 degree difference so I might grab the 7W instead. Im sure I will still grab a Mashie but it might be a month or so from now. Need to at least give the new clubs a chance.

That's a big move in your bag Keith. Nicely done!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Nice purchase Keith... good luck with it!!!

Sure is Hanks. Raining here for the next several days so I will be anxious to test them on the course.

That's really nice to hear. I shed a little tear when they didn't show up on Saturday. Something tells me they will get a lot of use.

You are going to love this bro. I would be absolutely shocked if you didn't.

You are going to love this bro. I would be absolutely shocked if you didn't.

On the range, it was money. That tells me I'll really like it since I hit everything about 50% better on the course these days. Any big differences compared to the old version for you?

it appears as if this is the week that my Mashie 3w gets sent to the bench as the J40 4 wood should arrive tomorrow. I'm excited and sad all at once. I really enjoy that club. It will be quite the shootout between them.

On the range, it was money. That tells me I'll really like it since I hit everything about 50% better on the course these days. Any big differences compared to the old version for you?

Not necessarily, but, you know me, I will hit a shot fat in a heartbeat and I saw none of that. I also used to hit a big slice with the M3 from 2011 every now and then, and I did not see any of that either. I did try and hit it off a mat before I left, and like last years model, I still couldn't do that but there are no mats on the course so who cares.

Back