You ever get that feeling?

i try to feel that way every Thursday for my league. just pumped up all day, work stands no chance on those days cuz all i'm thinking about all day is teeing off at 5pm and going low and taking home the skin/pin money.

alternatively, there's no worse feeling than being pumped up all day to play golf, it's all you think about all day, and then when you get to the course, you just suck it up.

I'm at Deerfield in DE, and I am absolutely psyched. This was the first course I ever played, and I'm looking forward to trying it up with Hanks, G4L, and Buck. Thinking fairways and greens.

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Nate you will enjoy that round for sure as Hanks is The Most Interesting Man on THP. should be fun for all.

TapAhoy!

Rule #1 when you "Get that feeling."

Keep it to yourself and don't taunt the golf gods. 85. No MEGA SKINS. More like NEGA SKINS. As in negatory fat old man. You stink.

We shotgun start our men's club. Started on 16, par five. Played it perfectly but missed a seven footer for birdie. Hit the middle of the green on 17, a par 3. Cozied it right up there. Made par. I'm thinking here we MEGA go, baby.

Pulled a drive on 18, punched out to just short of the green. Chipped it to 3 feet. And pulled the putt. It was all downhill from there. Couldn't get off the tee, missed a few more easy putts, and overall just played terrible. I'm really struggling with my driver. My Orlimar experiment is still in its infancy. Killed it once into the wind on a hole where I lay up in front of a creek. Skipped a near duck hook over a pond on another. Hit a weak push the last time I hit it.

Golf. What a funny game.

Kevin

Just MEGA win, baby.

First day of Club Championship this morning. Normally I get too pumped and excited however this year I don't give a flip. They took out the handicap portion for the senior division,which means I would have to shoot low 70's both days. Soooooo I'm just going out to enjoy the golf and take it easy. No pressure as I have no expectations what so ever. Just an old hacker enjoying golfing with my buddies.

I bet those good ol RBZ will serve you well have fun and get low scores!

Shake it off Kevin, you can't be mega sox all the time. Sometimes mini sox shows up.

--
Tapatalk2

I rarely get that feeling before a round but I have had that feeling develop during a round and carry me on through the end. Last time I had that feeling develop during a round i played the last 13 holes 3-under and shot a 71.

Must have been gas

It's a funny thing sometimes - that feeling. A few years ago I was on the social club at work. We has a Texas Scramble tournament and offer prizes to the good and the bad as it was for fun and we wanted everyone to participate.
Some people had never hit a golf ball before, ever. So on the range beforehand I was helping some of them. Just put two clubs down at a 90 degree angle, one in front of their feet one between them and get them lined up right and they can at least hit it, and maybe hit a few good ones.
Anyway by the time I got to my warm up bucket I was hitting the ball everywhere, left, right, shanks, thin, not one decent ball. I had a feeling it was going to be an awful day of golf.
First hole - 310 yards, put it on the fringe right in the center, despit a strong left to right wind. Second hole, a 500 yard par 5 (a pretty stiff wind at my back and a dry hard fairway) everyone on my team hit it in a little pond about 100 yards out and I was the last to hit. I asked the other players in my group "play safe or go for it?". Then I knocked it a couple yards short of the 150 marker. All day it was like that, I played the best golf I had ever played - and I didn't feel it coming.

Rule #1 when you "Get that feeling."

Keep it to yourself and don't taunt the golf gods. 85. No MEGA SKINS. More like NEGA SKINS. As in negatory fat old man. You stink.

You don't have to keep it to yourself, just don't start a thread on it! Best to talk about it in the . . . weather thread? haha

I shot 73 and I'm leading the senior division :blob:!

Way to go buddy! Seriously that is fantastic, treat yourself to an extra frosty miller tomorrow afternoon during your victory party.

--
Tapatalk2

I shot 73 and I'm leading the senior division :blob:!

Whoa, baby! That's a MEGA good round. I feel sorry for the other old farts. Keep after 'em buddy.

Kevin

Whoa, baby! That's a MEGA good round. I feel sorry for the other old farts. Keep after 'em buddy.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I went in today's round with a kind of different outlook from past years. I chose to say WTF and play golf without any pressure or reason. It worked! I went out looking like somebody who just ate 3 good sour lemons and walked around with a chip on my shoulder. Shat wortks! Just playing golf with absolutely no expectations which led to a one over par 73. If I can shoot that tomorrow I can tell those low cappers to kiss my arse. lol

Thanks Kevin. I went in today's round with a kind of different outlook from past years. I chose to say WTF and play golf without any pressure or reason. It worked! I went out looking like somebody who just ate 3 good sour lemons and walked around with a chip on my shoulder. Shat wortks! Just playing golf with absolutely no expectations which led to a one over par 73. If I can shoot that tomorrow I can tell those low cappers to kiss my arse. lol

That's impressive I bet the RBZ irons helped a lot too. I will try the WTF mindset next time I play haha

ya, had that feeling Tuesday. Went out and shot a 100. Wednesday didn't get home from the bar until 130, and tee time was 600. I won't tell you how I was feeling then, and went out and hit an 82...It doesn't make sense to me :p

Don't taunt the golf gods? Heck with that, taunt them regularly!!!! I never get the feeling, though I do get excited. Usually that means my energy drink needs water. Anywho, for me it happens in round, and usually pretty early. If I'm just plodding and making pars, I know it's going to be in the mid high seventies and that's ok, but not that much fun. Now, when something good happens early, like a nice birdie make in the first three holes or a sweeter par save, things can get low in a big hurry. I try to have no expectations and rather have solid feel for execution. I can even have a bad shot or three and it won't deter me unless it becomes regular. All about adjustments and feel.

Back