I painted my driver and three wood! (Suprise!)

Nice work !
Keep us updated on the durability of the paint job.

Will definitely do. I don't truthfully know how it'll pan out.

Looks great but how did you get so evenly painted. I always seem to be heavy in areas when I spray paint. Are you using reg. cabs of paint or special type?

Hi there, I used just regular cans of spray paint, but did a 'test run' on an old club before so I could get a grip on what I was doing. What I found works best was to keep the shaft on it, and to lift the club off of the ground and apply the layers while rotating the club from a distance. I did 2 relatively light coats of each.

All of the spray paints I used were Krylon and designed for use on metal surfaces.

Impressive...great job!

Hi there, I used just regular cans of spray paint, but did a 'test run' on an old club before so I could get a grip on what I was doing. What I found works best was to keep the shaft on it, and to lift the club off of the ground and apply the layers while rotating the club from a distance. I did 2 relatively light coats of each.

All of the spray paints I used were Krylon and designed for use on metal surfaces.

Appreciate the response. Does spray paint change the swing weight?

Appreciate the response. Does spray paint change the swing weight?

I would assume so, but I was able to do a side by side comparison and can definitely say that it's not noticeable by feel. However, if I were to get it on a scale there would probably be a little extra weight. Nothing I'm concerned with, especially with that weight being in the clubhead.

They look great if pink is your thing rock it. The quality looks outstanding.

You should really post some more pics of this!! I am considering trying it out on an old club

You should really post some more pics of this!! I am considering trying it out on an old club

Agreed it would be nice to see the rest of the club, also if someone else paints their golf stuff I would love to see a video

Krylon is a great spray paint brand

I always use krylon to spray some equipment of another hobby of mine

Just tappin away

7355671614_f2fc4b2bff.jpg

7170459059_c37351b8a7.jpg
7355671470_5c761b3538.jpg

Note: If you take a look at the metal, you'll see a (very ugly) thick clear coating around all of the edges. That's nail polish hardener, I've yet to go at it and clean it up. I put it on there to protect the edges from chipping.
On the 3 wood, I left the area between the face and the bottom metal unpainted. I didn't think of it when doing the driver, but it'll certainly chip on the bottom, especially when being constantly aggravated by tees.

Like I said before, I have no idea how long this will last and don't recommend anyone do it on a newer club, or one that they care about!

Very nice. Any ideas on how you are going to clean up the edges where the nail polish hardener is?

Very nice. Any ideas on how you are going to clean up the edges where the nail polish hardener is?

Of course! All you need is a touch of nail polish remover and a hard edge. I reckon it'll take about 20 minutes for the driver and 15 for the 3 wood, and that'll be like a top of the line job.

Cool beans. I really want to try this out!

That looks really cool. Well done.

You need to paint fill the grooves pink too.

i think i'll have to try this on my dads old broken driver before i do my R9, but i definitely want to shnazzy up my supertri..

i think i'll have to try this on my dads old broken driver before i do my R9, but i definitely want to shnazzy up my supertri..

You had no intention of doing so until I mentioned blacking mine out :banghead:

Top Notch work there and looks great!

You need to paint fill the grooves pink too.
Haha! Funny you mention it. The white coat is drying on the grooves right now. The pink coat will go on top of the white coat right after that's done drying!

Great minds...
:p

7355671614_f2fc4b2bff.jpg

7170459059_c37351b8a7.jpg
7355671470_5c761b3538.jpg

Note: If you take a look at the metal, you'll see a (very ugly) thick clear coating around all of the edges. That's nail polish hardener, I've yet to go at it and clean it up. I put it on there to protect the edges from chipping.
On the 3 wood, I left the area between the face and the bottom metal unpainted. I didn't think of it when doing the driver, but it'll certainly chip on the bottom, especially when being constantly aggravated by tees.

Like I said before, I have no idea how long this will last and don't recommend anyone do it on a newer club, or one that they care about!

That turned out great! I love it

I would use a little acetone or nail polish remover it will bond to it nicely and should help remove paint left over on the edges

And I agree pink on the grooves would look amazing

While I admire your reasons for using the color pink as well as your workmanship and the final product, I'm not too crazy about that color on golf clubs.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your newly colored clubs on the links.

That looks awesome. I sort of want to try this on my clubs. Nice going.

You had no intention of doing so until I mentioned blacking mine out :banghead:

i actually did.. just remembered wanting to do it when i read your comment :p

That's pretty cool looking. I am looking at gaming something pink during October each year. Thinking of adding a pink grip to one of my putters or something like that.

TapAhoy!

Next y'all can start airbrushing your clubs like the cars in the 50s and 60s... Flames, pinup gals, surfer scenes... I can see it now ;)

Back