Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

oh cripe those are sweet! SW you are one lucky SOB to have these to start the weekend!

Haha thanks guys, can not wait to get these out and start getting to know them. Playing with biggsy tomorrow for a little prep, I might let him hold them.

Hawk you ok? :alien:

--
Tapatalk2

Well ... damn. Those are gorgeous. I have to have them.

Dang those look good SW

Sexy sticks, SW. These are some of the most beautiful irons out there. Wishing I could have hit them well, based on their looks alone. Enjoy!

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Boom! Precision Forged by the hand of Zeus I give you the Cleveland 588.

I wish my irons were forged by Zeus... Are his prices comparable to Katsuhiro Miura?!?!?!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I wish my irons were forged by Zeus... Are his prices comparable to Katsuhiro Miura?!?!?!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Much better and without the ego requirements.

--
Tapatalk2

And im done. Somebody get me a cigarette.

Posted via tapatalk

Lol, I was thinking the same thing.

Gorgeous sticks SW! They look great.

Wow those look amazing SW. Congrats on getting the new sticks so quickly.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Danny!!! Those are gorgeous!!! Congrats on being the first MC'er to complete his bag. You now have 23 guys hunting down their local FedEx drivers. Hahaha

Those look awesome SW!!

I wish I had the game for these... sooooo bad.

You never know until you try.

--
Tapatalk2

I suppose :alien: heck I need to hit these just for fun they are so gorgeous!

Wow Danny!!! Those are gorgeous!!! Congrats on being the first MC'er to complete his bag. You now have 23 guys hunting down their local FedEx drivers. Hahaha

exactly. wish i never woulda seen this thread....now i don't want to leave my house. :bulgy-eyes:

Those are some beautiful sticks there SW.... even if I don't have the game for them it's still hard not to ponder..

Well the first round is in the books and I must say I am quite happy with my choice. I didn't play very well but I was able to work through each club and get a feel for these where it counts, on the course.

Looks and feel are everything you would expect from these, a man do they ever look look sexy in the Cleveland staff bag. Feel is relative to the player but I didn't feel anything jarring today, maybe a little more crisp than other irons I've gamed but nothing harsh on small misses.

Coming from a game improvement cavity back to these is pretty big change both in forgiveness and overall looks. Forgiveness isn't really the proper word because I actually feel like there is ample lateral forgiveness in these irons. The difference that jumped out at me is the heavy misses, obviously with a thinner sole you're going to get less help on those swings. Fortunately I didn't have many of those today.

On the range I warmed up with the 8 iron and I liked what I saw in terms of ball flight, a touch lower than my previous irons. Distance was hard to determine since I didn't have a target in the range I hit my 8 but a rough guess is pretty close to what I'm used perhaps a half club shorter. I expected that going in so it wasn't a shock. Side to side I loved the results, ball flight was a little more to the left than I am used to but I'm working on some mechanics which are the culprit for that as I'm seeing the same throughout the bag.

Out on the course the 588 irons didn't disappoint me. Had one shot today that really stuck out and gave me something to hang my hat on. 135 in on a par 5 from a nice fairway lie so I pulled 9 iron. Ball came out nice and smooth with a very small fade landed just on the green and left me in a good spot for a birdie putt.

Now of course their were some bad shots today, let's be honest here there's a reason my handicap is what it is. What I want to relate to you is that I do not have any doubt that the poor shots I had today would have been very similar with the irons was playing before.

Here's my full staff bag all loaded up with awesome.

aefc8790-cdac-0daa.jpg

Nice update SW. That is one of the nicest looking set-ups I have seen in quite a while. Need to post that picture in the WITB thread dude.

Glad to hear SW. That bad has "gorgeous" all over it!

Well done Danny, they look great!

Awesome looking bag SW!! Gorgeous unique set up dude.

That is one fine looking bag Danny! So I have to ask, even after only one round, are you happy with your decision?

That is one fine looking bag Danny! So I have to ask, even after only one round, are you happy with your decision?

Yes. My reasoning was affirmed a couple times today. Setting up to the ball with a smaller profile head helped me focus much better. I need to put in some work on the swing but I tell ya man it feels great to have some irons that reward hard work. Need to have a few adjustments made as far as lie angles once the mechanics get settled but I'm happy as hell right now.

That's excellent man! I think an iron that breeds concentration breeds positive results. I am thrilled for you buddy. How do you like those Tour 90's in them?

That's excellent man! I think an iron that breeds concentration breeds positive results. I am thrilled for you buddy. How do you like those Tour 90's in them?

Minor mix up, got the Tours in them. Since I was on the fence between the two and after some q&a I decided to stick with these. Liked the flight with the stock S300 and I'm seeing similar results with these.

Back