Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade ATV Wedges

We will be keeping this one open for a few more days and then announce testers on either Sunday or Monday.

Awesome, come on everyone, this is an awesome opportunity.

1. I currently play a Vokey 52* and 56* and a Ping Tour-S 60*.
2. I have not.
3. It's an interesting concept surely, but I like to reserve judgement until I've tried it myself.
4. I'm a righty.
5. Semi active, certainly. I don't post often because others usually say what I want to say faster or better. However, I posted several times in the unofficial i20 thread giving my impressions of the irons. I don't see a problem posting at least once a week in a review thread.

can't wait to read all the various opinions!

1. What wedges do you currently play? Ping i20 PW, UW (50*), Ping Anser 56 and 60
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No. I'm pretty happy with my current set, so haven't looked at other options.
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I like the idea of eliminating bounce and am interested to see how works in practice, especially off harder, tighter lies.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yes. I try to contribute when I can and appreciate reading and digesting all the different perspectives that members on THP offer.

Thanks to THP and TaylorMade for the opportunity.

Looking forward to hearing about these away from the marketing speak, if I don't get the chance myself.

1. I currently play 2 Titleist Vokey wedges that are pretty old, I got them used when I first started playing; 56* Titleist Vokey Oil Can 56/14, 60* Titleist Vokey Chrome 60/12

2. I have not tried the ATV yet, having just acquired a 3W after weeks of research and testing I have been taking a break before heading to Golfsmith and the PGA Store for the gauntlet again. I am excited about many of the ATV features especially the extension of the grip to allow a lower choke, definite benefit for a shorter guy like myself.

3. One of my largest foes on the course is my own error, but a subtle contributor is my inability in certain lies to get clean contact on the ball I believe to be in part from my club's bounce. Being out in the desert there are many thin dried out spots that create some challenging lies for my current set. The seamless transition of a single club from hazard to rough creates a greater sense of consistency for any player in my opinion.

4. RH

5. I just started contributing to THP in the last few days, but I have received a more than warm welcome and look forward to gaining insight into equipment, others personal opinions, and relieve my poor girlfriends ear of my endless golf chatter. I would consider myself to be an active up and comer in the THP world.

We will be keeping this one open for a few more days and then announce testers on either Sunday or Monday.

It looks like we are down to the last day or so...good luck everyone!

I am really looking forward to the feedback on these wedges!

Even if I don't get picked, I'm beyond excited to see what people have to say about these clubs!

Even if I don't get picked, I'm beyond excited to see what people have to say about these clubs!

Rusty has been posting some good stuff in the 'ATV all you need to know' thread.

Yes sir. It sounds like these may be an eye opener for many of us!

Rusty has been posting some good stuff in the 'ATV all you need to know' thread.
I've been reading every post and loving every minute of it. But I really like to be able to read reviews from multiple people so I know I'm not getting a 1-sided opinion, you know?

I'm not posting in there after today's round.

1. 60* Wilson Deep Red LW, 56* Wilson ProStaff SW and 52* Miura Satin.
2. No, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to give my feedback to THP.
3. Interested in multi-surface playability with the sole design.
4. LH
5. I'm not a heavy poster, but I would openly and honestly, post reviews 2-4 times a week.

Ch-miigwetch (Big Thanks) to THP and TaylorMade

I've been reading every post and loving every minute of it. But I really like to be able to read reviews from multiple people so I know I'm not getting a 1-sided opinion, you know?

Trust me I feel you, just pointing you toward an ATV that you seem to have already found...

1. What wedges do you currently play? I currently play the Cleveland CG14 wedges in a 54 and 60 degree.
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? I've got to look at them at address, but have not hit any shots with them.
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I think it is very unique and different. I think it would be great because now you don't have to sacrifice one shot for another because of your bounce. I would enjoy having the chance to use this wedge because I play high bounce wedges right now and have to sacrifice that "tight" lie shot.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I really haven't been able to be active and I would be honored to be able to do this and hopefully this will get me into be more active.

Im really hoping to get ahold of one of these. I sold my 52* bout 4 months ago and since then I have really been missing it. A 52* is the perfect utility wedge!

I'm so hesitant to swing one of these tomorrow. I'll probably end up with an empty wallet if I do. Also thanks TM and THP for another great testing opportunity, you guys are awesome for doing this.

1. What wedges do you currently play? SCOR 52, 55, 59
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? Only swung it a couple times. Haven't hit any balls yet.
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I love it! Having to worry about the "correct" bounce can be a nightmare.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I feel I am pretty active. I don't post on every thread but I try to answer any questions that I have experience with.

I actually signed up last night but the post is gone I'm pretty sure.

1. What wedges do you currently play? I currently play the TaylorMade xFT 52* and 60* wedges, as well as a Callaway Jaws 56* wedge.

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No, I have not, though I have had my eye on these wedges for a while now!

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? The sole has me intrigued! A sole that can play a multitude of shots out of the turf, sand, or heavy rough... awesome!

4. RH or LH? Right-handed.

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yes I do. While I may not post as much as some of the other regulars around here, I constantly have THP up, and am looking through different threads. If selected, I would do my best to uphold the standard that previous testers have demonstrated, and provide the best feedback possible!

Thank you THP and TaylorMade for this opportunity! I have my eye on these wedges!

Its nice to see so many entries and excitement. GL everyone!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

I'm so hesitant to swing one of these tomorrow. I'll probably end up with an empty wallet if I do. Also thanks TM and THP for another great testing opportunity, you guys are awesome for doing this.

haha, I decided yesterday I am ordering three of these if I don't get selected. I don't have to money to order them, but I need to replace my old ones. Here's the hoping I don't have to hit the CC when a charge I shouldn't.

Awesome opportunity here thanks to TaylorMade and THP.

1. What wedges do you currently play?Cleveland CG-15's wedges.

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge?
No, I have not.

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design?
After hearing the explanaton of the ATV wedge design given by Mike Fox of TaylorMade, I realize how the bounce and sole were designed to be muti-functional. The concept of not having to worry about the different bounce options when buying wedges is very appealing to me. And I'm quite certain is very confusing for the average golfer to understand. The idea that you can use one wedge from all types of lies would benefit any type of golfer. I would be intrested to see just how the ATV sole reacts to different lie conditions we see here in Texas..... especially the hard pan.

4. RH or LH?
RH

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member?
Absolutely..... I am on THP throughout the day and participate in various conversations and discussions. I enjoy what this forum has to offer all levels of golfer. Also, I attended the Texas Tour Stop in Austin to meet fellow THP'ers and support this great forum.

A tremendous Thank You to Taylormade and THP for a great opportunity to test these ATV wedges and put them through the paces. I am confident that the 8 individuals selected from THP will do a fantastic job!

What degree wedges will be sent out to the testers?

Back