What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 1st hole with a pro v1 then found a couple of srixon z-stars and played those the rest of the day except on the par 3s where i switched back to the pro v1s. I really liked the z-star off my driver and it played really well! I'm going to have to try to get a few more of these to try them again! Shot an 85 today, easily the best round of the year for me.

titleist nxt tour s
played with it the whole round
pretty dang good ball and almost had a career front 9 with it

Played with a TaylorMade Penta TP (old version). Shot 6 over. Great ball all around. Bought a several boxes when they were $30 per box as well as offering a offering "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" promotion.

Still, I ended up buying a couple of boxes of Srixon Z-Stars for only $28 a box. It was too good a deal to pass up.

For non-betting, casual rounds of golf, I play with the TopFlite Gamer V2. Got a great deal on them a year ago at only $5 a box (store going out of sale). They're actually a decent ball with a fair amount of spin, as far as non-tour premium balls go.

played the bridgestone PINK B330RX today again. and the one i started with lasted me the whole round. although the last few holes it had a scruff in it from my one wedge shot. nice to see the RX balls are as durable as the B330S balls i usually use. ill prob rock the PINK till this box is done then go back to the B330 2012s since i got another box of them and are my main gamer. but for $27 i couldn't pass up a dozen of the PINK again for a great cause.

titleist nxt tour s
bs e6

the nxt didnt last too long after one rope a dope hook into the mud/creek
the e6 was a great ball... had a couple of good pops with it

Callaway Hex Black. Great ball and can be had at a pretty good price. Left my thoughts in the hex black/chrome thread.

I played the TopFlite Gamer V2 in an outing yesterday. I was gaming the Srixon Q stars and they're pretty comparable as far as driver spin but I feel like i got more spin off irons and wedges with the Q Star. Probably gonna stick with the Srix

Tapa Slice

Multiple balls today, just trying some stuff out:

I'll be darned, but I loved a Maxfli I picked up out of the woods today (a U4, I think). Had some of the best distance I've seen out of a "tour ball" and actually cut out a surprising amount of sidespin of the irons. I gave up a small bit of spin on the irons (my 9i rolled out a bit after the two-hop-check I'm used to), but didn't seem to lose any on the wedges. I was still getting the one-hop-then-spin-back on my wedges, and chips seemed to catch on the ground faster than a Pro V1. All in all, I like this ball!

I bought some Burner TP balls pretty cheap and have found that I really like them. Hopefully they go on sale again.

I played a Titlelist ProV1x.
I was able to keep it in play for 2 rounds on Saturday.
No complaints the ball flew well and felt good around the Greens.

I alternated between the Chrome and Black today. I didn't see a bit of distance loss between the two like some others are seeing, and the chrome gives me the green side action that I have grown accustomed too. Chrome wins the race for me.

Played the Wilson Duo today and was surprised I liked them alot. Longer than B330-RX, E6 and Titleist Velocity for me off the tee and all shots. Very soft ball on the greens. Takes some getting used to. Feels like the old balatas of the past. $20/dozen. Need to play some more rounds and see.

I played a round and a half with one of the last few MacGregor VIPs I have in the bag. Sadly they are not available anymore, at least I haven't found any. I shot 2 over on the front and 1 over on the back with 4 birdies in the mix and 7 bogeys mostly due to not getting up and down when I needed to. It is a great ball for the money. Hit two tee shots inside 100 yards on 400 yard plus holes and birdied the second hardest hole on the golf course the par 3 - 17th at Waterview. From the blue tees it is about 215 yards, left myself a 3 foot putt after the 4 hybrid tee shot and rolled it in. I don't think playing a $45 a dozen ball would have improved my score much. These cost about half that or less. Wish I could find more of them. Seems like every time I find a really good cheap ball, Wilson Tx4 before and now the VIP, that in a few years they aren't available any more. I am gong to try some of these new urethane cover Maxflis and see if those are any good.

Today I played the new Taylormade Burner's and for most of the round but also use the Callaway Warbird's. I really like the Warbird's. I actually don't think they were the Warbird Plus but the older version. I may start using those on a regular basis.

Srixon Z Star XV. Really falling in love with the consistency, durability and performance of this golf ball.

Tappin from my iPad

Penta TP5 and loved it! This is my new go-to ball.

I have been playing the original Penta since it first came out. The new TP5 is definitely longer off the tee and has a more substantial, yet soft feel around the greens and off the putterface.

Prov1x. My go to ball. I honestly think this ball keeps my bad shots from becoming outrageously bad, but that could just be in my head. Either way, I feel confident when playing this ball.

Penta TP5 and loved it! This is my new go-to ball.

I have been playing the original Penta since it first came out. The new TP5 is definitely longer off the tee and has a more substantial, yet soft feel around the greens and off the putterface.
Have you given the Penta TP3 a try yet?

Same ProV1x for the entire round. Hard to say anything bad about that ball. Did everything I needed it to, great action on the green, long off the tee..

Just solid.

I played a Taylormade Burner today and shot a pretty good score. Good distance, though I can't really compare it to my HEX Black since I haven't hit the Black with my new iron shafts or driver yet. Not much spin around the greens which was alright by me, I just had to hit my pitches with a higher trajectory. Speed-wise, my putting was excellent today except for a few bad ones. I'm not sure if that has to do with the ball or not. Either way I really liked this ball, which suprised me a lot. It's awesome though, because I have a whole box of these.

I was in Sports Authority last night and noticed that they had Top Flite Gamer V2's so I bought a box because of all the reviews I have read. I tried them out tonight and - WOW - I wish I had tried them sooner. I have been playing Srixon Z Star XV's for the last year and really like them, but after tonight, the Z Stars are staying in the bag just in case I run out of Gamer V2's. They were LONG and straight off the tee and felt great off the irons. I did notice a little less spin with wedges and chipping, but as long as I figured it in to the shot it wasn't a problem. I would have never thought I would be playing Top Flite's, but they are in the bag to stay. I think they are that good.

I was in Sports Authority last night and noticed that they had Top Flite Gamer V2's so I bought a box because of all the reviews I have read. I tried them out tonight and - WOW - I wish I had tried them sooner. I have been playing Srixon Z Star XV's for the last year and really like them, but after tonight, the Z Stars are staying in the bag just in case I run out of Gamer V2's. They were LONG and straight off the tee and felt great off the irons. I did notice a little less spin with wedges and chipping, but as long as I figured it in to the shot it wasn't a problem. I would have never thought I would be playing Top Flite's, but they are in the bag to stay. I think they are that good.

Yeah, they are pretty good. I think the performance you get for the price is hard to match. My only problem with them is they tend to roll out too much on chips, but whenever I use them, I take that into account and it's usually not a big deal.

I played Bridgestone e6, Taylormade Burner LDP and Taylormade TP3. I love the Bridgestone, but the TP3 was fantastic as well. With either of them I was nice and straight off the tee when my swing was good and they came off the putter well. My short game is in shambles at the moment so I couldn't give you a fair evaluation of them there. The LDP was simply ok in every category, nothing stood out.

I played the Maxfli U4x and I have to say I love this ball. I got a dozen for a good price. I took one and paired it with a Srixon ZSTAR, a Vision X3 and a old Pro V1 on the chipping/putting green before the round. I couldn't believe the difference I saw with the U4x off my xFT wedge. I was consistently dropping it closer to the hole. It won the quick play off between the other 3 and I used it for the entire 9 holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back