Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

Love that pic of the bag Danny. Congrats dude.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

SW those irons are gorgeous dude! That is one sick looking setup you have there.

Love that pic of the bag Danny. Congrats dude.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

SW those irons are gorgeous dude! That is one sick looking setup you have there.

Thanks guys, it's a once in a lifetime deal so I wanted to do something special. Thankfully Cleveland has such a complete line that I was able to do that.

That's a kick ass set up.
Sounds like a good first round.

Does the lack of off the rack grinds effect playability at all for anyone? I know you can go thru the custome route, but that gets pretty pricey, no?

I find it odd almost all big OEM's offer grinds (with the exception being TM I guess) off the rack, and cleveland, whom is know for their wedges do not. Maybe that says something about grinds...that they are not needed to perform. No clue. I just have some on my current set and was happy. The 588 in satin sure does look good.

I think you meant to be in the wedge thread Minarets.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24735

--
Tapatalk2

Dagnabit. Sorry. I do that too often. Sorry. Thanks.

Awesome stuff Danny! "Full staff bag", how awesome is that? I love it!

wow, very nice looking bag SW, looking forward to seeing how well you play with them next month!

aefc8790-cdac-0daa.jpg

The loaded staffer looks great, SW. Nice little summary of your day as well.

Well, the bad news is that Fed Ex doesn't deliver on Mondays. The good news is that I'm subbing for a friend in a league tomorrow night and I might just give these irons a first run in a matchplay competition. I'm beyond ready to get my 588 on.

Danny that bag looks sweet with those 588's in there. I believe you have a whole bunch of THP jealous of you right now.

Nice looking bag SW!

Wow Danny, that's awesome. Your bag looks incredible. Congrats on the irons dude.

I put a big note on my door and I sure hope the Fed Ex guy accepts it for a signature. I don't want to have to chase a white truck down today.

I put a big note on my door and I sure hope the Fed Ex guy accepts it for a signature. I don't want to have to chase a white truck down today.

haha. atta boy Hawk!
i've got about 4 FedEx door tags hanging on my door with my sig on them. not taking any chances!

SW just saw the picture of your bag and have to say I am a big fan. I love the setup that you went with and have to say that I would have gone in a very similar direction. Hopefully there is a lot of confidence in the longer clubs and a lot of precision with irons. Good luck in July.

haha. atta boy Hawk!
i've got about 4 FedEx door tags hanging on my door with my sig on them. not taking any chances!

I hope my homemade letter works for him. I even considered just taking the day off.

SW just saw the picture of your bag and have to say I am a big fan. I love the setup that you went with and have to say that I would have gone in a very similar direction. Hopefully there is a lot of confidence in the longer clubs and a lot of precision with irons. Good luck in July.

That's a good way to say what I am hoping to do. I know it looks funny to have 6-PW in a set like the CB's, but that's what I'm aiming for. I know where my confidence starts and stops.

haha. atta boy Hawk!

lol you guys are funny

lol you guys are funny

anticipation of finely tuned, custom fit Cleveland packages will do that to a man...
at least we're not creepy like some people....

So, I had a 8 hour drive home today with the family. It was long, tough, and not too much fun. I was trying to keep up with the forum at the multiple stops we had to make, which you will do with two kids under the age of 3. I saw that some guys had their irons and I have to tell you, it's all I thought about on the way home. Upon arrival back at the casa.............nothing. Oh well, maybe tomorrow! That was until about 6:38 pm when I saw the FedEX truck pull up the driveway. Either he was lost or he was bringing my Morgan Cup irons to me. Thankfully it was the latter!

Before I get to pictures I want to take a moment to extend my gratitude to Cleveland Golf. They have been an absolute joy to work with at this level. Every request has been met and if they were trying to make me feel like a staffer, they have done an exceptional job. Also, none of this would be remotely possible without the vision and hard work of two people: JB and GG. They set their sights on something and don't stop until it's done, and once it is, they work even harder to make the next one better. The Morgan Cup 2.0 is a great example of this. I must say, it's an honor to represent this website and forum and an honor to do so with a bag full of Cleveland gear!!

Ok, now on to the 588 CB irons. I ordered these irons over the other 2 options for a couple of reasons. First, where I am as a golfer, irons like these suit what I'm trying to do on the golf course. I'm not distance driven like I once was and I'm looking for an iron that was developed, built, enhanced, and marketed as one thing: precise. I want precision. I want something that demands my respect and my focus, yet will reward me if I follow through. Secondly, is there an iron that looks any better than these? I think not! Lastly, I believe that the 588 line is a throwback to Cleveland's roots. Personally, I love that! No way I can't get behind something like that!

I ordered the 588 CB's (5-PW) and I had them outfit with Royal Precision PXi 6.0 shafts. I chose these shafts pretty much for one reason alone, and that was their weight. I have been gaming an iron shaft around 110 grams that I love and these weigh 112 grams. My days of 130gram steel shafts are over. I had them bent 3* upright and had the lofts bent throughout the set to match the lofts of PING's i20 irons. So, for example, the 5iron didn't need bending but the PW was strengthened 1*. I did this out of sheer comfort. No need to try to relearn distances in a month. I also went with the stock Lamkin grips, + 2wraps of tape so they aren't quite midsize. The grips really tie the gold in the cavity and the PXi shafts together quite nicely. At any rate, here's some pictures of my 588 CB irons.

DSC_0401.jpg

This is the cavity of the 5iron

DSC_0402.jpg

5iron at address

DSC_0403.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

PXi shots

DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0408.jpg

The stock grip

DSC_0407.jpg

wow, minus the fact they are left handed, they are freaking beautiful. I really like how those PXI shafts look in them.

Oh man, I DO need a tissue! Those are gorgeous!!!!

TC I am definitely looking to hear your thoughts on those PXi's paired with the 588's. Such a beautiful setup right there.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

TC I am definitely looking to hear your thoughts on those PXi's paired with the 588's. Such a beautiful setup right there.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Holy crap do they look good in person. It's hard to explain. They look like graphite. Hell, the even literally feel like graphite. Hopefully I can squeeze in some range time tomorrow. I almost hate to hit turf with these irons.

Back