Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah at GG all they had were size 9.5 and bigger. I wasnt going to buy them anyway but I did notice that.

Style over comfort? Do you not like the look of them? Can't say I was overwhelmed but I was able to get a sense of the comfort level with the 9's I tried on. They were freaking comfortable. I didn't think they were as bad as say the True's in terms of looks although the toes are a bit long

I have. I hit 150 balls with the 7i on Thursday and man did the balloon. I want to like them but they just didn't work for me.

That sucks dude. They are nice sticks

Style over comfort? Do you not like the look of them? Can't say I was overwhelmed but I was able to get a sense of the comfort level with the 9's I tried on. They were freaking comfortable. I didn't think they were as bad as say the True's in terms of looks although the toes are a bit long

I was wearing my Heysoos sandals so I didnt try them on but cant say I like the look anyway. I think they're fugly.

I currently have a beef with Nike as well. I am pondering VR-S irons, however, there are no shaft options...either the Dynalite 90's or graphite.....not cool, Nike, not cool.

This is the reason I went with TaylorMade on my new irons. I was totally sold on Nike VR Pro Blades but they wanted $15/club to put KBS shafts in them!

I can get TaylorMade and Callaway to use KBS with no upcharge but not Nike. I was the biggest Nike fan a month ago and now I don't care too much for their stuff. The VRS driver wasn't anything special for me and they are discontinuing the VR Pro line in the woods.

I know that my $700 isn't a drop in the bucket for Nike but they need to get real on their custom stuff if they have any chance to be a big league player.

I currently have a beef with Nike as well. I am pondering VR-S irons, however, there are no shaft options...either the Dynalite 90's or graphite.....not cool, Nike, not cool.

I agree with you here Doug. VR-S irons were high on my list until I ran into the same problem. I just can't play the Dynalites so no thanks

saw a nike 20xi white staff bag today at the range. i want one. they look sweet! and if my putter rack fills up..... BAM extra putter storage!

Definitely pondering the Crossflex now that they are out. Will be a bit before I get them, as I really like my Champ spikes right now!

First off I'm in a mood so excuse me. F off Nike. What the Dickens! I want to buy an expensive f'ing shoe of yours and you don't have a size frikken 8 available anywhere? Honestly it's like the company is run by numbnuts

Preach it!! Nike drives me friggin crazy with their shoes. I've wanted some lunars for a long time but you can't find them in wide anywhere to try.

--
Tapatalk2

I agree with you here Doug. VR-S irons were high on my list until I ran into the same problem. I just can't play the Dynalites so no thanks

Guys, check out this link, it has all of the shaft options for the VR-S irons listed on there. Just go to the dropdown menu under shaft options.

http://www.globalgolf.com/product/customclub/-/pid--1023521/iron-set/nike/custom-vrs.aspx

Guys, check out this link, it has all of the shaft options for the VR-S irons listed on there. Just go to the dropdown menu under shaft options.

http://www.globalgolf.com/product/customclub/-/pid--1023521/iron-set/nike/custom-vrs.aspx

Interesting. My local store checked w/Nike and the info they got was no options. Have you ordered custom clubs from this site before, Ary? The reason I ask is that it also lets me build a 54* TaylorMade ATV, which is not available per TM's website.

Interesting. My local store checked w/Nike and the info they got was no options. Have you ordered custom clubs from this site before, Ary? The reason I ask is that it also lets me build a 54* TaylorMade ATV, which is not available per TM's website.

I haven't gotten custom clubs from them, but have bought preowned clubs from them and other things, they are legit. I also think that they run TaylorMade's preowned site, for what that's worth.

With regards to your statement about a 54 degree ATV, I don't understand that, they are clearly listed as available if you click on the specifications tab at the bottom of this page: http://taylormadegolf.com/TaylorMade/ATV-Wedge/DW-JN785,default,pd.html

I was also in a Golf Town up here yesterday and saw a bunch of ATV wedges on the floor, including a 54.

I haven't gotten custom clubs from them, but have bought preowned clubs from them and other things, they are legit. I also think that they run TaylorMade's preowned site, for what that's worth.

With regards to your statement about a 54 degree ATV, I don't understand that, they are clearly listed as available if you click on the specifications tab at the bottom of this page: http://taylormadegolf.com/TaylorMade/ATV-Wedge/DW-JN785,default,pd.html

I was also in a Golf Town up here yesterday and saw a bunch of ATV wedges on the floor, including a 54.

I'm on my second glass of Bourbon so I left out a key word...no 54 in lefty.

Yeah Global Golf is a good place...

I really need to jump the gun on some grips but I am not sure how to test out different one to see what I like the best (grips/tape wrap).. any advise here?

I should have figured that one out, sorry about that!

No need to apologize, I shouldn't have rushed through my post.

With that said, I think I am going to order a 56 and 60 ATV on Tuesday. 'Bout to go from ponder to purchase.

Get the ATVs- no need to mess with proper bounce angles since it's all in there.As a former VOKEY user, I loved them and then taylormade got me on their side so I went with the xFT I am now planning to get some ATV's depending on what the verdict of the AVT testers is

The RBZ is killer of the tee and it's amazing get it too!
If you need a new hybrid go with a Mashie it's unbelievable!

'Preciate the input, man!

I saw some ATVs at the shop today and man they look slick.. Would give anything to try them next to some 588s and SCORs

Would love to see a head to head of these too.

Does anywhere offer the DG Spinner as an upgrade option in the 2012 Callaway Forged wedges?

I searched and no luck. ATV's have the KBS Hi Rev's as a no charge upgrade...might be worth a look. I do love the Cally's though.

Honeymoon over horrrrrribly with the Fast 12 LS.. The closed face is giving me absolute fits.

Back to the drawing board.. Might need to find myself somewhere with a j40... Then again, could attempt my first Ping experience..

Honeymoon over horrrrrribly with the Fast 12 LS.. The closed face is giving me absolute fits.

Back to the drawing board.. Might need to find myself somewhere with a j40... Then again, could attempt my first Ping experience..

Need a little adjustment?

'Preciate the input, man!

Would love to see a head to head of these too.

I searched and no luck. ATV's have the KBS Hi Rev's as a no charge upgrade...might be worth a look. I do love the Cally's though.

I am playing in a tournament next week, and one of the sponsors gives us $50 gift cards to Callaway.com, every year. And I always end up with mine, my Dad, my step Mom's and usually my playing partners. Most of them refuse to buy anything off the internet, which is how I end up with them. SOOOOOOOO, if that happens again this year, I may treat myself to some wedges. If I do roll with the Cally forged, I may just throw some KBS Tours in there. I liked it in the ATV.

Need a little adjustment?

The only adjustment I could make was to drop it to 7.5 degrees of loft which makes it sit open, and I still couldn't avoid something between a draw to a hook.

It's a gorgeous driver, I just don't see a point when I'm hitting my current driver much better and straighter.

I still ponder a Classic.

If you wanna be able to hit flops with your 60 then you more than likely need at least 10* of bounce.

Curious where that number came from.
The more bounce I have, the harder flop shots are.

I was gonna say, Nike has quite a number of custom shafts for order. They just haven't put them on their website as of yet for whatever reason but there's lots of choices.

Global does run the one for TM. They also have a couple of ebay stores that are under another name as well. Legit company, fairly nice to deal with.

I20 20*

And I won't lie...Cobra Amp 10.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was gonna say, Nike has quite a number of custom shafts for order. They just haven't put them on their website as of yet for whatever reason but there's lots of choices.

Global does run the one for TM. They also have a couple of ebay stores that are under another name as well. Legit company, fairly nice to deal with.

It was funny, GlobalGolf had pre-owned Nike drivers for dirt cheap prices earlier this year with real-deal Graphite Design Tour AD DI shafts in them (aka the Tiger shaft) along with a bunch of other exotic shafts, people were buying them just for the shafts.

I do find that they have the easiest interface on their website to see what custom options are available for different clubs, plus they have a great pre-owned selection for all manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back