Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit my drive on the green on a short 280 yard par four. Made the 40 foot put for eagle! I guess it was probably the best two shots of the day...but I will take an EAGLE on a Par 4 any day!

Didn't have the greatest round, but Buckjob, G4L and Hanks can attest to this shot. I was on a short 315 yard par 4 and had smoked my drive up the right side with only about 60-ish yards to the pin, however it caught the rough and was under a group of trees with a bunker guarding the pin right. G4L suggested a punch shot to the left of the green, which looked like it sloped back to the right and towards the pin. I hit my 5i easy and low directly on my target line. It bounced twice in the fairway and the fringe before rolling up onto the green. The ball rolled up to the back fringe, bounced off of the collar that separated the fringe from the rough, and fed back down the slope of the green and came to rest about 12 feet from the hole. Unfortunately I ended up three putting from there for a bogey, but I am very pleased about that shot. G4L can caddy for me any day, LOL.

Didn't have the greatest round, but Buckjob, G4L and Hanks can attest to this shot. I was on a short 315 yard par 4 and had smoked my drive up the right side with only about 60-ish yards to the pin, however it caught the rough and was under a group of trees with a bunker guarding the pin right. G4L suggested a punch shot to the left of the green, which looked like it sloped back to the right and towards the pin. I hit my 5i easy and low directly on my target line. It bounced twice in the fairway and the fringe before rolling up onto the green. The ball rolled up to the back fringe, bounced off of the collar that separated the fringe from the rough, and fed back down the slope of the green and came to rest about 12 feet from the hole. Unfortunately I ended up three putting from there for a bogey, but I am very pleased about that shot. G4L can caddy for me any day, LOL.

i don't remember this.... lol

i couldn't believe how it hit the fringe like a bumper on a pool table and rolled right back towards the hole.

hole 18 i was 78 yards out in thick rough since i over drove the fairway for the 10th time of the day. had a huge sand trap facing me and i had the same shot earlier and used a 56* wedge with a half swing and put it to 3 feet so i decided to try a full 60* this time to mix it up....hit the shot and put it to a foot and a half. tap in birdies are fun! the ranger even came over and asked how i hit the shot i told him i charge for lessons and i could tell him for $5 but he wasn't interested. guess my pink bridgestone ball scared him off or the tattoos.

hole 18 i was 78 yards out in thick rough since i over drove the fairway for the 10th time of the day. had a huge sand trap facing me and i had the same shot earlier and used a 56* wedge with a half swing and put it to 3 feet so i decided to try a full 60* this time to mix it up....hit the shot and put it to a foot and a half. tap in birdies are fun! the ranger even came over and asked how i hit the shot i told him i charge for lessons and i could tell him for $5 but he wasn't interested. guess my pink bridgestone ball scared him off or the tattoos.

Dude that was a RIDICULOUS shot. Before the ranger talked to you, he passed G4L and I and just shrugged his shoulders and said "How the heck did he hit that shot?" I also shrugged my shoulders.

Par 4 that is generally played 3w, wedge, but I got under my tee shot and popped the 3w straight up and out only about 120 yards.
That left me 226 out, down a hill, left to right wind, pin on the short side of the green just over the water.
It was a nice, 3w draw that I started out at the right side of the green to compensate for the wind and my normal baby draw. I was really just hoping for middle of the green or that front bunker, to be honest.

The green line on the picture is where my 2nd shot originated.
226.jpg

This pic is the view from the green looking back at where I was. I was still well short of the drop down the hill, or over the top of the crest looking back up like in this picture.
CAM00088.jpg

Here's where the ball ended up!
CAM00089.jpg

I have never taken a 3w into a tight green like that over so much trouble and stuck it. Could be the shot of my entire year.

5 wood from 190 to 15 feet.

Well done!

it wasnt one shot but a series of shots on what i think is one of the more difficult holes on the course
water on the right and trees on the left
drive of the day got me inside of the 100 marker
then a pw to a back pin got me inside of 2ft
tap in birdie

#4 at Windtree today. A relatively simple 390 yard straight-away par 4. The pin was up front today and my drive left me about 125 out on the left fringe of the fairway on the upslope of a small mogul. I caught a clean 9i shot. It landed about 4 feet past the pin and backed up over the edge of the cup and stopped about 2 ft. in front of the pin. I went on to make the birdie. The most amazing part to me was the backspin. Until recently, I've never been able to do that.

A good drive, 230-240 yards, an iron 8 from 132 yards, 1 foot from the cup. One putt, birdie. Made my round.

Yesterday played a par r, downhill tee shot to a blind green. Hit a good drive with a 20 yard draw which landed just off the fairway. 175 yards left to an uphill green hit one of the best 3 hybrids I have ever hit. When we got up there is was 8 feet from the pin. Missed the eagle but had a tap in birdie.

First ever green in 2 :bananadance:

Also almost hit my father who was in the group ahead of me, I didn't know they were still on the green but he saw the funny side of it

I was able to execute a successful 30-ish yard bump and run off hardpan to within 3' of ft. of the pin. Went on to sink the putt for birdie. This may sound non-spectacular but you'd have to see how I have struggled with executing that type of shot with my miserable short game. It ran up to the green nicely, exactly where I wanted it to, and then it broke left toward the hole exactly like I'd hoped. Speed and line were both right. For a minute i thought I might walk away with Eagle but it stopped short and left me an easy Birdie putt. I'm usually relieved when I card anything less than a double on that hole.

Last edited:
On the 11th hole par 3 at my home course I hit a nice 6 iron smack to the center of the green it was as pure as pure can be. It's a 178 yard par 3 down hill and I nice easy 6 iron usually gets me to the green but this time I hit 10 feet from the ball and two putted for par (i misread the break Ah)

I've been parring most of my par 3s now which is a big deal for me!

i had hit a bad drive which was a pop up/pull into the next holes fairway. i was left with two options: either just punch it back onto my hole and get back into play and hope for an up and down for par or take a shot at the green. i was faced with about 210 yards but there was a real big pine right in my line to the green if i were to go that route. i was gonna punch out until i just said screw it and grabbed my 4 iron. opened the face a little and closed my stance and let it rip and made the green and putt for birdie. it made my round

9 iron from the rough uphill from 130 that hit in front of the hole and settles a few inches behind the cup. Nice tap in birdie.

1st hole. Shortish par 5. Popped my drive up. Hit another 3 wood (3 wood off tee cause its tight) ended up about 150 out. Left a nine iron short. Flopped a wedge right where I wanted, funneled, down towards the hole and disappeared! Woooo!

1st hole. Shortish par 5. Popped my drive up. Hit another 3 wood (3 wood off tee cause its tight) ended up about 150 out. Left a nine iron short. Flopped a wedge right where I wanted, funneled, down towards the hole and disappeared! Woooo!

Nice! Gotta love it when that ball disappears.

7i from 153 pin high to the left... 3ft... missed the birdie

7i from 153 pin high to the left... 3ft... missed the birdie

Oh well, it happens to all of us.

Anyways, for me, it was a wedge shot from about 95 out. I had some water between me and the green, and the pin was in the back, so I was really aggressive with the shot. I ended up hitting just in front of the pin and checking nicely. Unfortunately for me, the ball took a small sideways kick and caught a ridge, rolling down to almost 18 feet :banghead:

4 hybrid from 215 to within 3 feet and made the putt for birdie on a tough par 3. Close behind are a couple of dead center of the fairway 300 plus yard drives and an 8 iron out of a fairway bunker from just over 150 yards to about 6 feet pin high right.

Par 3 to an island green 156 to the flag. I hit the 7i to 8 foot, but miss the bird, lol.

holding an island green is probably tough, nice shot! 8 footers aren't gimmes.

Hit my driver today over 280 yards of waste to land on the fairway 110 yards out on a par 5 (over the waste is a big shortcut on a 460 yard par 5 where i live). Proceeded to hit a great 52 wedge shot to the green and stopped it dead then missed a 12 foot eagle haha

145yd AW from the fairway on hole 10 to 2 inches. Really disappointed it wouldn't drop for eagle (hole is a par 4), but tap in birdie won me a skin. Can't complain.

145yd AW from the fairway on hole 10 to 2 inches. Really disappointed it wouldn't drop for eagle (hole is a par 4), but tap in birdie won me a skin. Can't complain.

Killer shot, dude. I wish I could putt less. Lol.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back