Thechosen1

#Thistagwilltravel
Reaction score
Handicap
So I didn't exactly know where to our this so I figured here would be best...

Me and my dad and looking to play bethpaige black this august. He doesn't want to do the whole experience thing if stating out in the car. So I come to THP hoping for some help/answers on hopefully when able to to get a tee time that month. It'd more then likely be us two so we are looking for two others to play with but I believe one has to be a New York resident to get the tee time or something. Any help would be wonderful plus it would be nice getting to play with some fellow THPers!!

Yeah, you're correct. You have to be a NY resident to make a tee time there, and even then I think it's only 1 or 2 weeks in advance.

I think I'll be playing Bethpage too this summer, but since I'm a single, I'm just going to go out early and wait.

You guys are in for a treat. Still my favorite course that I've ever played

I thought I read somewhere that non-state residents can make tee times now but just not as far in advanced as state residents. I'd just call the course and check. It was in golf mag or golf digest that I saw something about them changing things up.

Also make sure it will be open because I believe Bethpage Black is hosting the Barclays tournament this year for the first round of the FedEx cup.

Also I hear the Red course is just as awesome.

Good call on the Barclays Ddec I just now remembered it being there. And I'll have to do some research then on it. If anything I'll be playing there sooner then I thought!

None of you guys wanna join though, I see how it is haha

Funny you bring this up. I tried yesterday to get on but didn't get through the reservation line. Its reaaallly hard!

Here is the deal. I play it all the time since i live in NYC. You can call a week before. For NYC residents, the reservation lines open at 7pm. So if you wanted to play next Saturday, someone has to call starting at 7pm tonight. The reservations are gone in 5 minutes. I have played, between Black and Red, 25 times and NEVER have been able to get a weekend time. So, if you are willing to play during the week, usually tuesday and weds are much easier days as not as many people are calling. I would offer to help but I will not be around much in August.

Frankly, depending on which course you want to play, you can almost def get on by just showing up. There are always times available. I have done that for at least half my tee times. Assuming you are going on tues/weds/thurs, if you show up at say 8pm, i would guess you can get on Red/Black by no later than 10pm (and since you have to show up an hour early when you have tee times, this is not a big deal). If playing the other courses, you will def get on before then. FWIW, the last 2 times I have showed up at 8 to play black - granted as a single but the groups were both 2somes - i played once at 845 the other at 903.

They have a nice grill room to grab breakfast, good putting area, and a nice range. Easy to kill 2 hours.

Actually i probably be around the last 10 days of August, so if you haven't played by then, hit me up and if I can play, I am happy to try and get you on.

I just read that non-NY residents can make tee times 2 days in advance with the lines opening at 7 PM. Like if you wanted to play on a Saturday, you could call Thursday at 7 PM.

Not sure how well that'd work though, considering I'm sure times fill up pretty quickly for NY residents. Well I have a friend out in the Hamptons, so I'm going to stay with him on a Monday night and go early Tuesday.

I just read that non-NY residents can make tee times 2 days in advance with the lines opening at 7 PM. Like if you wanted to play on a Saturday, you could call Thursday at 7 PM.

Not sure how well that'd work though, considering I'm sure times fill up pretty quickly for NY residents. Well I have a friend out in the Hamptons, so I'm going to stay with him on a Monday night and go early Tuesday.

Ha. Thats a bone they through to non residents but its pointless. Times on Red and Black (and usually green) are all gone within the first 10 minutes of lines opening for residents. If you call now, the first available time on red or black is 4:32pm. But its better than nothing i guess.

Good call on the Barclays Ddec I just now remembered it being there. And I'll have to do some research then on it. If anything I'll be playing there sooner then I thought!

None of you guys wanna join though, I see how it is haha

I get a pm for jake every year asking to go play it and every year he never comes east. What a jerk haha

I registered my license there once when I had to work down in the area one day. One day I'll make it happen.

I get a pm for jake every year asking to go play it and every year he never comes east. What a jerk haha

I registered my license there once when I had to work down in the area one day. One day I'll make it happen.
I don't trust that Jake character. Nothing but trouble.

if you can get in, you'll love it. A friend of mine is from upstate NY, he played it last fall with his dad, and was telling me how incredible it is.

We played it last august and my buddy from Syracuse called and called the instant it was one week from our arrival. He finally got through the system and everything was booked until 2:30 so we took it. Apparently there are companies that slam the phone lines to get the earliest tee times and they turn around and sell it for a premium!

The course was TOUGH from the normal tees and the rough was NASTY. Just keep trying to get through. It's well worth the price. In staters paid 65 I paid 130 for being out of state. They check licenses. Good luck!

Back