Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a Miami fan for a while because I have always really liked D-Wade. However, back when Miami won their last championship I was more excited. D Wade was still the star of the team back then, but in order for them to win the championship they had to play as a TEAM and work together. Now it is a 3-man team. I don't dislike LeBron and Chris, I think LeBron could possibly end up being considered one of the best of all time, but I hate hearing commentators give stats like "James, Wade, and Bosh have all of the 4th quarter points." That is just rediculous. I feel bad for the other guys on the court that get no credit for the team getting where they are. It still takes hard work to get to the Finals, but this one just doesn't mean as much to me as a Heat fan. Let me rephrase that...I am a D Wade fan, I will root for him wherever he goes. (As a disclaimer that is not the case for the Colts, they are my team no matter what haha) Anyhow, I hope LeBron goes somewhere else when his contract is up and Wade can get back to surrounding himself with good teammates who work together and not leave some guys out...

While I don't disagree, I'll cut them some slack. They're probably incredibly disappointed right now. They really fought hard this entire series, unlike some on the MIA team.
Are you saying the Heat beat the Celtics without playing hard?

Completely what I expect from all of those guys, if that makes sense. Ray and Paul are pretty classy like that. KG is such a competitor that he didn't want any part of seeing a celebration. Rondo is just an introvert that just wants to play ball and not do any of that talking after the game, probably why he left too. That kind of stuff has been going on for years, reminds me of the Pistons in 1991 walking off the court before the game was over when they got swept by the Bulls.

Damaikis, one thing, the Celtics aren't getting broken up, they knew this was coming with KG's contract up after this year. It could have happened 2 years ago, but they resigned Ray to a 2-year deal to take him through the end of KG's contract. Ray might retire, but I think he could get one more contract, I just don't think it will be in Boston with Avery Bradley on the squad. If KG comes back, it's hard to see him playing anywhere other than Boston....but just for a minute, imagine him on Chicago besides Noah instead of Boozer. Yikes.

KG in Chicago would be ugly. A front line of Noah and KG would be super intense.

In other news, Doris Burke makes me want to put nails in my ears. Lol.

Ray and Paul have a lot of class for sticking around afterwards to shake hands.

I said the same thing. Personally, I would like Ray to retire a Buck. I grew up a Bucks fan with Ray, Vin Baker, Big Dog and later on, Cassell.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

HILARIOUS AND SO TRUE:

"@ChrisMannixSI: The NBA just fined Kendrick Perkins for his flagrant foul of LeBron James in Game 1."

HILARIOUS AND SO TRUE:

"@ChrisMannixSI: The NBA just fined Kendrick Perkins for his flagrant foul of LeBron James in Game 1."

Haha. No doubt.

HILARIOUS AND SO TRUE:

Epic, lol.

So what your saying is that the Miami Heat can beat the Celtics without even trying? Come on now. You can hate all you want but don't slap the C's in the face by saying that Miami beat them playing only half-heartedly.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

With arguably 3 of the top 7 players in the NBA right now, MIA should have beaten BOS more handily (it shouldn't have gone to a Game 7). Granted Bosh was out for most of the series, but Wade was not playing at his usual top form. If it weren't for LBJ's carrying MIA in Game 6, BOS could have closed out the series. In fact, BOS missed a golden opportunity to do so, given how LBJ was basically the MIA team during Game 6.

I'm not saying that MIA could roll right over BOS. But you have to admit that it should NOT have taken MIA 7 games to win the Eastern Conf Finals.

I have been a Miami fan for a while because I have always really liked D-Wade. However, back when Miami won their last championship I was more excited. D Wade was still the star of the team back then, but in order for them to win the championship they had to play as a TEAM and work together. Now it is a 3-man team. I don't dislike LeBron and Chris, I think LeBron could possibly end up being considered one of the best of all time, but I hate hearing commentators give stats like "James, Wade, and Bosh have all of the 4th quarter points." That is just rediculous. I feel bad for the other guys on the court that get no credit for the team getting where they are. It still takes hard work to get to the Finals, but this one just doesn't mean as much to me as a Heat fan. Let me rephrase that...I am a D Wade fan, I will root for him wherever he goes. (As a disclaimer that is not the case for the Colts, they are my team no matter what haha) Anyhow, I hope LeBron goes somewhere else when his contract is up and Wade can get back to surrounding himself with good teammates who work together and not leave some guys out...

It was telling that LeBron recognized teammates like Chalmers, Battier, and others in his post game speech. As much as the big three dominate on this team, they still need their role players and they stepped up in a big way tonight. I for one hope that the big three stay together in Miami for a long time. It always makes for drama and amazing basketball at times.

It was telling that LeBron recognized teammates like Chalmers, Battier, and others in his post game speech. As much as the big three dominate on this team, they still need their role players and they stepped up in a big way tonight. I for one hope that the big three stay together in Miami for a long time. It always makes for drama and amazing basketball at times.

Unlike you, I hope the Big 3 stay together in MIA but not for the sake of drama (which you apparently love to enjoy and create).

I hope the Big 3 stay together as proof that not all professional athletes are selfish and thinking only of securing the largest pay package possible for themselves. I thought it was inspirational how the Big 3 all took paycuts so that they could play together and surround themselves with a decent supporting cast of players.

I'm really sad right now. I've enjoyed so much watching the C's play these past few years and I hate that they may be broken up. If KG retires, it will be heartbreak for the whole league. Such a great player and presence. Incredible.

On another note, what are KG and Rondo doing walking to the locker room with time still on the clock? So classless. I can almost give a pass to KG since he's been around forever and is well-liked, but seriously Rondo? Be a man. I hate that turd.

Well liked?! He is considered one of the dirtiest players in the league. No way he should have been walking off the floor. Ray Allen stuck around, he's classy!

Well liked?! He is considered one of the dirtiest players in the league. No way he should have been walking off the floor. Ray Allen stuck around, he's classy!

Yeah, I was about to say. KG is not well liked. He may be respected, but he's not well liked throughout the league. That's a well documented fact.

Unlike you, I hope the Big 3 stay together in MIA but not for the sake of drama (which you apparently love to enjoy and create).

I hope the Big 3 stay together as proof that not all professional athletes are selfish and thinking only of securing the largest pay package possible for themselves. I thought it was inspirational how the Big 3 all took paycuts so that they could play together and surround themselves with a decent supporting cast of players.

Why thank you very much for that compliment. I always thought that rivalry, matchups, and series that go to Game 7 put more excitement into the game - as it does for ALL sports, but I suppose you just want days of boring blowouts.

Yeah, I was about to say. KG is not well liked. He may be respected, but he's not well liked throughout the league. That's a well documented fact.

As I said earlier in this series, everyone knows that KG is an a-hole. But damn it, he was our a-hole these past few years, we loved him for that. The rest of the league looks at him as a fake tough guy.

Yeah, I should have said respected lol. My bad.

I find everything about the NBA inspirational. It's uplifting is what it is. Uplifting.

Kevin

With arguably 3 of the top 7 players in the NBA right now, MIA should have beaten BOS more handily (it shouldn't have gone to a Game 7). Granted Bosh was out for most of the series, but Wade was not playing at his usual top form. If it weren't for LBJ's carrying MIA in Game 6, BOS could have closed out the series. In fact, BOS missed a golden opportunity to do so, given how LBJ was basically the MIA team during Game 6.

I'm not saying that MIA could roll right over BOS. But you have to admit that it should NOT have taken MIA 7 games to win the Eastern Conf Finals.

The celts have hearts of champions and skills to go along with it. One of the more evenly matched series of the post season. The big three aren't as good as you give them credit. The celts three played well and fought hard

I find everything about the NBA inspirational. It's uplifting is what it is. Uplifting.

Kevin

Lol. I chuckled loudly at this.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

The celts have hearts of champions and skills to go along with it. One of the more evenly matched series of the post season. The big three aren't as good as you give them credit. The celts three played well and fought hard

The Big 3 aren't as good as they should have been in the MIA/BOS series. First, Bosh was out most of the series with an injury. Second, Wade has been playing sloppy and lazy most of the series (definitely not up to his true potential).

Again, MIA should not have needed 7 games to beat BOS if the Big 3 played were all playing and playing to their usual level. This doesn't take anything away from BOS play. BOS did great to force MIA to a Game 7. It is what it is.

The Big 3 aren't as good as they should have been in the MIA/BOS series. First, Bosh was out most of the series with an injury. Second, Wade has been playing sloppy and lazy most of the series (definitely not up to his true potential).

Again, MIA should not have needed 7 games to beat BOS if the Big 3 played were all playing and playing to their usual level. This doesn't take anything away from BOS play. BOS did great to force MIA to a Game 7. It is what it is.

If it is what it is, then why are you bringing up these pointless hypotheticals? " If the big 3 played to their usual level." If the Big 3 of Boston played to their "usual level", Ray Allen would have been draining threes, Pierce making great shots all over the floor, and KG dominating the post. Come on, man. The C's are better than you think they are.

To think what might have been if they won game 2 in Miami. Thanks KG, RAY RAY, Paul, and Rondo. Being a celtics can my entire life, this has been one hell of a season and am proud to be a new England sports fan. Can win every major sport title ALL THE TIME ;)

And yet BOS couldn't close out MIA in Game 6 when only one MIA player basically showed up to play. Interesting.

And that one MIA player was Lebron, just to clarify.

And yet BOS couldn't close out MIA in Game 6 when only one MIA player basically showed up to play. Interesting.

Did you even read JN's post? He said if Boston's Big 3 played to their "usual level", they would've played better all around. Implying they would've probably closed it out if they played to their "usual level".

Did you even read JN's post? He said if Boston's Big 3 played to their "usual level", they would've played better all around. Implying they would've probably closed it out if they played to their "usual level".

And that's why you think MIA won the series? Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back