Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade ATV Wedges

this is going to be a fun test for the community. im excited to read the reviews on these bad boys

Still a little time to sign up if you haven't yet! Really looking forward to seeing if everyone else likes these as much as I do.

I have checked this thread probably 10 times already today to see if the winners have been posted, haha. Good luck to all!

Anticipation is killing me !!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the testers will be announced tonight. This one should be fun and have lots of buzz.

spent a lot of time in the bunkers these past few days on the course and practicing. Also all those little shots around the green have really made me think about these wedges. Esp coming from the XFT

Just wanted to let everyone know that the testers will be announced tonight. This one should be fun and have lots of buzz.

I just want to let you know, that you are the wind beneath my wings.

I predict a very busy thread for this one. Will be a good one to follow.

very nice KFTmod. I think this one will surely be interesting.

bunker performance alone has these on my radar

spent a lot of time in the bunkers these past few days on the course and practicing. Also all those little shots around the green have really made me think about these wedges. Esp coming from the XFT

I agree hanks these seem awesome from the bunkers. And I struggle from bunkers

Lets put that in the ThingsSaidBy95%ofAmateurHackers category..Haha. I a getting better but have been putrid for a while out of them..

bunker performance alone has these on my radar

See, at the Outing when I was hitting the ATVs, the only place I struggled with them was from the bunker. On my bunker shots, I open the face up to where it's almost flat, and I just couldnt get a good shot with the ATVs. Perhaps a little more time with it in the bunker and I could work through that problem. Every other lie I hit it from, it was awesome, but from the sand I was struggling.

See, at the Outing when I was hitting the ATVs, the only place I struggled with them was from the bunker. On my bunker shots, I open the face up to where it's almost flat, and I just couldnt get a good shot with the ATVs. Perhaps a little more time with it in the bunker and I could work through that problem. Every other lie I hit it from, it was awesome, but from the sand I was struggling.

Hard to use that bunker we were in as a good base though man. We killed all the sand in there haha

Ive been fortunate with my bunker game lately, in that I haven't been in a lot of them! The sand game is improving, I just wish the condition of the bunkers at the courses I play the most could say the same

I am struggling with my 54" ATV out of the bunker. Tried to practice it a lot on Saturday and did not really improve. I'm not campaigning for tester selection, but if I was selected I would spend a lot of my early evaluation on bunker play with a 56*

I am struggling with my 54" ATV out of the bunker. Tried to practice it a lot on Saturday and did not really improve. I'm not campaigning for tester selection, but if I was selected I would spend a lot of my early evaluation on bunker play with a 56*
What seems to be your struggle with the ATV from the sand? What kind of bunker shots do you usually hit with your Vokeys that you are struggling with your ATV?

you and I both suffer from bunkeritis for sure...heck I was in them all day on Saturday.....I tend to dig a bit in the sand and these I think help with that where I don't need to do a perfect bunker shot to get out in 1

I would think that if you tend to flat out the club face as much as you're saying you do then these may not work as well for you out of the sand. you just know how to get out of the sand quick haha

Is the 54* the only ATV you have? I wonder if the 58* would work better?

Thanks for the update Kmod!! There is a lot of buzz around here for the testing of these! Can't wait to see how it goes for those that get chosen

I'm good out of the green side bunkers, I'm wanting to hear how they are from 20-80 out, control, spin, feel, different lays, and how people like that longer grip (if it makes a differance), Very pumped about this thread!

Is the 54* the only ATV you have? I wonder if the 58* would work better?
Kmac says, Hello set of 50*, 54*, 58*

I still think a 2 wedge setup with these would be a nice way to go. If what I heard on the radio show holds true through the testing, I think a setup of 50* and 56* can cover all the shots one would need.

I hold a pretty solid/respectable handicap and I still SUCK out of the bunkers. One day I look like Luke Donald, the next day I look like a guy who has never been in one before. If the sole cuts through the sand how I expect it to, I am fine...I just struggle with finding a repetative reaction coming through the sand, and I feel like the lack of a grind, etc. on any of my current wedges isn't really helping my efforts.

I'm really curious to see if the versatility of this sole could help me to remove the variances out of the equation and just work on finding a swing that will consistently get me out and within makable range.

Kmac says, Hello set of 50*, 54*, 58*

I still think a 2 wedge setup with these would be a nice way to go. If what I heard on the radio show holds true through the testing, I think a setup of 50* and 56* can cover all the shots one would need.

I was thinking the same thing. If these work as advertised a 2 wedge setup is all I would need. Either 50-56 or 52-58.

Awesome, can't wait to see all the coverage on this. The personalization is truly a step above and beyond!!!

Back