Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

finally got the chance to get in a good, full weekend of golf. temps were in the 80-90 range both days, so that's about as close as i can get to emulating how it may be playing down in MB in July. i was able 18 Saturday at my home course, which is the first full round there for me this year. i wasn't too pleased with a couple of shots that i hit, but managed to put together a nice round and hit the driver excellent. Sunday we decided to go elsewhere for 18 and even though i didn't play all that well and the course was in rough shape, i managed to salvage and okay round and come out fairly happy with it. again, hitting the driver excellent.
it felt good though, to get in 36 this weekend. it's usually something that is hard to pencil in but honestly if i could...i would play 36 per day!

Spoiler Alert: I was watching the Euro 2012 game between France and England, and a goal was scored during the making of the video.

[video=youtube;-rVSXE9Lc70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rVSXE9Lc70[/video]

Spoiler
Jacqui needed some more golf balls,so I ordered her a bunch of Callaway Solaires. While I was at it, I got a bunch of HX Diablo Tours. They didn't have the HEX Blacks I wanted, but I've been preparing for the event by using the Diablos. It's a very good ball, and right now it's up in the air whether I will go with these or the Blacks, if given the choice.

Not the irons and hybrids, sorry.

Spoiler Alert: I was watching the Euro 2012 game between France and England, and a goal was scored during the making of the video.

[video=youtube;-rVSXE9Lc70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rVSXE9Lc70[/video]

Spoiler
Jacqui needed some more golf balls,so I ordered her a bunch of Callaway Solaires. While I was at it, I got a bunch of HX Diablo Tours. They didn't have the HEX Blacks I wanted, but I've been preparing for the event by using the Diablos. It's a very good ball, and right now it's up in the air whether I will go with these or the Blacks, if given the choice.

Not the irons and hybrids, sorry.
\
Thanks for the spoiler alert lol

I was half expecting the ups guy to throw the package from the truck or something hah

Too bad they weren't' the hybrids and irons-lame!

Well it looks like I'm gonna get some good prep in this week. I wasn't sure who my opponent was for my first match play round at my course and it is a kid that works in the pro shop. He just graduated and was one of the best HS golfers in the area and got a scholarship to play somewhere. Gonna be a good test of course management and I definitely need to get my game in order before this weekend. It's gonna be a blast either way he is a nice kid.

1)Smalls is starting to creep me out
2)He needs to turn down the TV

Smalls.. That looked like a scene from a horror flick..

1)Smalls is starting to creep me out
2)He needs to turn down the TV

What took you so long? Smalls has been creepy for a while

Smalls.. That looked like a scene from a horror flick..

Yeah creeper status haha, I was expecting the Ups guy to fall into a hole on the porch

he's not at Bullfrog level yet, but he's rapidly approaching

I just hope I'm around when he delivers the irons.

he's not at Bullfrog level yet, but he's rapidly approaching

Dude pretty sure Bullfrog changed his sig to Fear the Smalls

Chunky did you freaking copy my Avatar? Thats very confusing.

I'm going out to play today because its freaking beautiful out.

This new Chunkybreeze guy seems like a pretty solid dude.

I thought it would be fun to make everyone think I got my irons today. Guess that was a big fat fail on my part!

Chunky did you freaking copy my Avatar? Thats very confusing.

I'm going out to play today because its freaking beautiful out.

Trying to be Breezey!

LOL, weird looking though, long torso with short little legs.

Half the time anyway. Up to each person to decide which half. hehehe

So I'm going to be playing 18 wonderful holes of golf today, but first I am going to get to the course and just work on putting. I will hit enough full shots to warm up but after that its all putting and chipping.

I'm desperate to swing a club. It's been a week today since I've touched one. It feels weird.

I'm desperate to swing a club. It's been a week today since I've touched one. It feels weird.
I bet you're going to play amazing when you get back after it again. A small break like that always seems to bring out the best when you get back out there.

Slaying Hackers & Paradisians.
Does one need more prep?

I bet you're going to play amazing when you get back after it again. A small break like that always seems to bring out the best when you get back out there.

Fargo is wise. A little time away has you antsy to get out there and slay the course.

I can walk outside without dying from blood loss now so I can start taking swings outside in the evenings, I'm happy about that.

Slaying Hackers & Paradisians.
Does one need more prep?
Nope, its time for you to rest up I think. You're work is almost done.

Back