Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking this thread may be active tomorrow after the announcements at Apple's WWDC. Sounds like iOS 6.0 will be announced along with updates to the Macbook Pros. I have a Macbook Pro that is over 3 years old, and my company pays for a new computer every 3 years....so if there are significant upgrades announced tomorrow, I'll probably get a new Macbook Pro later this year.

I'm thinking this thread may be active tomorrow after the announcements at Apple's WWDC. Sounds like iOS 6.0 will be announced along with updates to the Macbook Pros. I have a Macbook Pro that is over 3 years old, and my company pays for a new computer every 3 years....so if there are significant upgrades announced tomorrow, I'll probably get a new Macbook Pro later this year.
iOS 6 better blow the doors off, because the leaked specs of the iPhone 5 looks quite, well, bland.

Well, iOS 6 was announced, and most of the updates so far are about Facebook integration to the iPhone and updates to Siri. Color me unimpressed.

The new MacBook Pro sounds awesome...retina display, better processor, 25% thinner...

The new MacBook Pro sounds awesome...retina display, better processor, 25% thinner...

Thank god they made great announcements about the pro because iOS6 sounds far from exciting, along with the rumoured Iphone 5 specs.

Any Window phones users?

Lumia 900 LTE has caught my interest.

I guess I was just expecting Apple to really blow the doors off with WWDC this year, but so far it's been pretty bland. iOS 6 gets announced and the big changes are to Maps (which will be almost as good as what Android Google Maps has been for YEARS), and an updated Siri (does anyone really use Siri?), and Passbook (whatever that is?). With this announcement today, I am fairly certain I will be moving on from the iPhone, same ole same ole for way too long now.

I've only been an iphone user for about 8 months or so and I'm already thinking that I will be back to android when the time comes

John Malkovich? I think Passbook is supposed to be Apple's concierge service mixed with Groupon type of things.

I guess I was just expecting Apple to really blow the doors off with WWDC this year, but so far it's been pretty bland. iOS 6 gets announced and the big changes are to Maps (which will be almost as good as what Android Google Maps has been for YEARS), and an updated Siri (does anyone really use Siri?), and Passbook (whatever that is?). With this announcement today, I am fairly certain I will be moving on from the iPhone, same ole same ole for way too long now.

I've only been an iphone user for about 8 months or so and I'm already thinking that I will be back to android when the time comes
Im a fan of my iPhone, but when the biggest update of the year is to improve the Maps Application on the phone, I start to think something else is needed. Add to it the fact that the upgrade to that app is only bringing it to be even with other Map applications (Android Google Maps) and I think its ridiculous. However, the Apple fans will be all over iOS 6 as the greatest thing ever, and the iPhone 5 will sell a brazillion phones in the first hour...

John Malkovich? I think Passbook is supposed to be Apple's concierge service mixed with Groupon type of things.
I just dont see the necessity of that being built in to the phone. Same thing with Facebook integration in to the phone, why do I need a "Facebook Like" button in the App store. Do i really need to tell the world that I "like" Angry Birds?

Samsung Galaxy S III.. Do it!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

Im a fan of my iPhone, but when the biggest update of the year is to improve the Maps Application on the phone, I start to think something else is needed. Add to it the fact that the upgrade to that app is only bringing it to be even with other Map applications (Android Google Maps) and I think its ridiculous. However, the Apple fans will be all over iOS 6 as the greatest thing ever, and the iPhone 5 will sell a brazillion phones in the first hour...

that part is true. I really have no issues with the iphone. It's done everything I wanted it to do. But I still kind of kick myself for not going Galaxy SII, the screen was just awesome IMO. By time I upgrade again it will be iPhone 5s so we shall see.

Samsung Galaxy S III.. Do it!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2
That's what I'm thinking. That are the new phone that is rumored about by HTC on Verizon in a few months.

Wasnt impressed.

Thanks Kmac. Haven't had time to do a lot of research behind real world usage and haven't heard a lot on the Windows OS. Just stopped by Rogers during break and the look and price looked awesome. Guess it was too good to be true.

Really wish the ICS update would be released for the Razr, I actually really liked it, but don't want to purchase it without the for sure release of ISC here in Canada for it.

Thanks Kmac. Haven't had time to do a lot of research behind real world usage and haven't heard a lot on the Windows OS. Just stopped by Rogers during break and the look and price looked awesome. Guess it was too good to be true.

Really wish the ICS update would be released for the Razr, I actually really liked it, but don't want to purchase it without the for sure release of ISC here in Canada for it.

Have you thought about rooting the phone after you buy it? It would be an easy way to get exactly what you want out of the phone. If you like the phone already might be a good option. A lot of what ICS offers can be found in many custom ROMs.

Sent from my Rooted TBolt

Have you thought about rooting the phone after you buy it? It would be an easy way to get exactly what you want out of the phone. If you like the phone already might be a good option. A lot of what ICS offers can be found in many custom ROMs.

Sent from my Rooted TBolt

I have. A guy at work did it with his Galaxy S and was telling me about how easy it is. It may come down to that, though i have the half price offer from Rogers until July 7th, so probably going to wait it out and see what my options are at that point.

Just found the Razr easy to use, I know it's a few months old and the camera is not that great, but that's not big for me. So we'll see. Maybe I'll get lucky and the One X will drop in price :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back