regc

Reaction score
Handicap
hi everyone
just wondering does anyone have any advise regarding a kindle.i love reading and am wondering are they worth buying and which one is the best.
:act-up:

We have both a Kindle and Kindle Fire and love them.

My wife reads all the time and loves her Kindle. I don't read nearly as much as she does but I think when the next version of the Kindle comes out we may upgrade hers and I'll take the current version and use it. Cool stuff.

thanks guys i dont really know much about them at the minute i have heard that the kindle fire is very good. whats the difference between that and the normal kindle

thanks guys i dont really know much about them at the minute i have heard that the kindle fire is very good. whats the difference between that and the normal kindle
Kindle Fire is a full on tablet (for the most part), can use it for Web browsing, media usage (videos, youtube, etc).

I have a regular Kindle and like it a lot. Kindle Fire wasn't out when I got mine or else I probably would have gone in that direction.

ahh i think id prefer the kindle fire. this might sound like stupid question but that should work here if i buy one in the US shouldnt it?

I read on an ipad and on a kindle quite a bit while on vacation a year ago or so. I found the ipad hard to see in the sun due to the glare (on the beach) and strained my eyes in a dimly lit room (in bed) due to the back lighting. Id assume the Kindle Fire would be similar to an ipad and I would have similar complaints when reading. The Kindle Fire is able to do a lot of other things, so if reading isnt the main use it may be good (note that I've never used a Kindle Fire). I found the regular Kindle really easy to read as its pretty similar to reading a normal paperback book. It does need external lighting in a dimly lit room as there is no backlight (the same as a paperback book). I bought a Kindle Touch in November and love it! Ive already read quite a few books on it and have no complaints.

it be nice to have something that works as a book and a tablet so as not to have to carry both around with me.

Don't know how compatibility works, but the Kindle Fire looks good. I've got the regular Kindle. Bought it for Nic, and didn't think I'd like it and I'd rather hold a book....but it's so much more convenient and I find myself reading more as a consequence.

My partner has a kindle and she loves it. I struggle with it though and I reckon it gives me headaches from the screen, but I get the same headaches from the tv or computer screens after looking at them for a couple of hours. So my advise is they are great but if you have those sort of problems like I do then not so good.

I would get the Kindle Fire. A lot of times they have refurb units for $139 which is a steal. I really enjoy reading on it as well

I bought the Kindle with the little keyboard on the bottom last summer @ $129 I think. Then I got my iPad for Xmas and downloaded the Kindle Reader for it. After using it since, if I was iPad-less, I would go for the Kindle Fire.

thanks guys i think i might get one.:act-up:

My wife has a kindle fire and loves it.

Back