TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Irons - Forum Testing Review

That's awesome, the Burner 2.0s are really awesome!

I got the Burner 2.0 HP Irons and the RBZ Tour Driver today during lunch. Have to drive 5 hours to Kentucky after work, but would rather hit the range with these bad boys. haha

Hey crice, I hope you enjoy the Burner 2.0 HP Irons as much as I have! Great sticks!!

I got the Burner 2.0 HP Irons and the RBZ Tour Driver today during lunch. Have to drive 5 hours to Kentucky after work, but would rather hit the range with these bad boys. haha

That's awesome, I hope you like the 2.0 they are amazing clubs as is the RBZ tour

Well I didnt hit these as long as what the computer was saying, I hit my 7 iron from 150 to 160 my 8 iron I hit about 140 maybe a few yards longer, but it was my 1st time playing with the irons and had mixed results. It took me 12 holes to get used to hitting them and finally got my tempo down and hit a couple really nice 8 Irons. The Driver was great from the get go, that thing is just freaking awesome, the ball just explodes of the face of the club. I hope that my distance improves a little with these irons once I start playing more, but I didnt get any extra distance from my original Big Bertha Irons, kind of disappointed in that, but it was my 1st time out with these and only my 4th time out all season. I still shot an 89 which is not bad for as few times as I have played.

Also, should I get the irons fitted? The pro wasnt at Dicks when I bought these and not sure if I really need a fitting.

Also, should I get the irons fitted? The pro wasnt at Dicks when I bought these and not sure if I really need a fitting.

Always try to do a fitting you will see marvelous results compared to stock stuff. You'll be surprised what proper length, lie, and flex will do to your game, even properly sized grips can make a tremendous difference!

Thanks, also my swing speed was anywhere from 89 to 104, what flex shaft should I be swinging? The put me with a regular flex. I have lost some club head speed as I am getting a little older at 46 and my back has caused me some issues, but on average, me speed is averaging around mid 90's.

Just purchased some 2.0 irons... cannot wait to get these on a course!

Congrats on the purchase HuskAir.
I think you will like these a lot...I love mine.

Hello gents, first off I want to say I love the site, a lot of good stuff here. I ran across this site while searching for reviews on the Burner 2.0 Hybrid Iron set and the information you guys have provided has been very informative and helpful. I want to share my story with you......
So I have been playing golf for a few years now, maybe 8-10 times a year up until last year when I started playing a few times a month. This year I have really caught the bug and have been playing once a week and hitting the range once a week. I just can't seem to get out of the 90's, but at least I am under 100 now from playing so much. I have been playing with a old set of Golden Bears and a couple even older clubs from my first set given to me by my uncle. In an attempt to improve my game and stop my slice off the tee, I bought myself a TM Burner 2.0 Driver. Love this club, but still slice 5 out of 10 drives. I need to shoot better, I mean how hard can it be? New clubs, thats what I need! The search begins with looking onlilne at some clones because a buddy plays with cleveland clones and swears by them. So I find a set of T11 clones for right around $220, but am hesitant on pulling the trigger on them. I want to swing the clubs before I buy them. So I start looking at local retailers for a set. I find a complete set of Walter Hagen clubs for the same price. I think these look nice, I''l go check them out. Off to Golf Galaxy I go. I find the clubs, pull out the 7i and give it a couple swings. It feels decent, but seems just like my GB 7i. The golf pro comes over asking if he can help me, yes sir, I am in the market for a new set of clubs. He says this is a good beginner set, but let me show you some other options and lets have a look at your swing. First thing he notices is my grip, "you need bigger grips and a 1/2 inch longer shaft" (thats what she said :) ) So off to get measured we go. Before you know it, I am getting fitted for a new set of TM Burner 2.0's. Jumbo grips plus 2 wraps, 1/2" added to the shaft and a 2* lie adjustment. $200 more than I planned on spending, but budgets are made to be broken. Especially when it come to improving my golf game. Now I find myself wishing the weekend was over and today was Wednesday so I can pick them up. I can't wait to get them! I can expect to shoot in the 80's now right?

Thanks for push to get these clubs.
Dave

Hello gents, first off I want to say I love the site, a lot of good stuff here. I ran across this site while searching for reviews on the Burner 2.0 Hybrid Iron set and the information you guys have provided has been very informative and helpful. I want to share my story with you......
So I have been playing golf for a few years now, maybe 8-10 times a year up until last year when I started playing a few times a month. This year I have really caught the bug and have been playing once a week and hitting the range once a week. I just can't seem to get out of the 90's, but at least I am under 100 now from playing so much. I have been playing with a old set of Golden Bears and a couple even older clubs from my first set given to me by my uncle. In an attempt to improve my game and stop my slice off the tee, I bought myself a TM Burner 2.0 Driver. Love this club, but still slice 5 out of 10 drives. I need to shoot better, I mean how hard can it be? New clubs, thats what I need! The search begins with looking onlilne at some clones because a buddy plays with cleveland clones and swears by them. So I find a set of T11 clones for right around $220, but am hesitant on pulling the trigger on them. I want to swing the clubs before I buy them. So I start looking at local retailers for a set. I find a complete set of Walter Hagen clubs for the same price. I think these look nice, I''l go check them out. Off to Golf Galaxy I go. I find the clubs, pull out the 7i and give it a couple swings. It feels decent, but seems just like my GB 7i. The golf pro comes over asking if he can help me, yes sir, I am in the market for a new set of clubs. He says this is a good beginner set, but let me show you some other options and lets have a look at your swing. First thing he notices is my grip, "you need bigger grips and a 1/2 inch longer shaft" (thats what she said :) ) So off to get measured we go. Before you know it, I am getting fitted for a new set of TM Burner 2.0's. Jumbo grips plus 2 wraps, 1/2" added to the shaft and a 2* lie adjustment. $200 more than I planned on spending, but budgets are made to be broken. Especially when it come to improving my golf game. Now I find myself wishing the weekend was over and today was Wednesday so I can pick them up. I can't wait to get them! I can expect to shoot in the 80's now right?

Dave

First of, Welcome to thp dave you will love it here and there are so many people and places here to help with any golf related questions-issues you have! That is so awesome that you got fitted for a new set of irons, especially the TM burners, I'm glad you didn't go for the heaters lol at those prices! There is nothing better than having your clubs fitted to you and you will see a complete difference in your game from having properly fit clubs-i'm assuming you didn't fit your other ones lol-I've learned the hard way that having a grip that's too small and 1/2 inch can make a huge difference in your game.

Anyways, welcome and enjoy your new irons! Also if possible go to the check in area, make a thread and introduce yourself to everyone. We're happy to have you on board!

Uriel

Dave

Glad we could help in your search. I think you made a smart choice by getting fit (even if you didnt plan on it) and think that will help your game now that you have equipment that fits you. Keep us updated with your progress.

I am still loving my original Burner 2.0 irons I got over the winter. However, I am not getting to play as much as I would like right now because of broadcasting summer baseball...but when I get to play, they work great!

Work can't get over soon enough, got the call today my clubs are ready! Headed to pick them up directly after work then to the range! WooHoo!

Dave

I am so glad we were able to help you, and that you got a propert fitting done. That alone will make a difference. Let us know how you do.

Got new Burner 2.0s at GS about 3 weeks ago. LOVE them so far. Need to make some swing adjustments. But when I get a hold of a ball, The ball flight is beautiful. These are far easier to hit than any clubs I have ever owned, with some added distance! They shoot high and straight as advertised! I would definitely recommend them to anyone in my mid to high handicap category. Oh, got them for $430 after taxes. Extra $100 on top of that for 3H and 4H, but I wanted a 4-iron.

Got new Burner 2.0s at GS about 3 weeks ago. LOVE them so far. Need to make some swing adjustments. But when I get a hold of a ball, The ball flight is beautiful. These are far easier to hit than any clubs I have ever owned, with some added distance! They shoot high and straight as advertised! I would definitely recommend them to anyone in my mid to high handicap category. Oh, got them for $430 after taxes. Extra $100 on top of that for 3H and 4H, but I wanted a 4-iron.

Do you need a 4 iron still?

WOW! What a different these clubs make, nice even swing with the extra 1/2" added, and with the jumbo grips I don't feel like I am gonna toss the club at all!. I should have gotten fitted for clubs years ago! With my old clubs I would have to muscle up to get the distance these burners give me with a nice controlled swing. I will have an iron game now! And OMG the hybrid 3 is so sweet. 200, straight even,with a nice controlled swing. I hit 2 large buckets and 90 percent of them were a nice straight shot with great loft. Good thing I am getting divorced, because I am in love! lol Just need a matching wedge and a new putter to complete the set and 70's here I come. Well, if I don't hit the driver, still slicing that mofo.

Thanks guys! This was the best purchase I have made for myself in a long time.
Dave

WOW! What a different these clubs make, nice even swing with the extra 1/2" added, and with the jumbo grips I don't feel like I am gonna toss the club at all!. I should have gotten fitted for clubs years ago! With my old clubs I would have to muscle up to get the distance these burners give me with a nice controlled swing. I will have an iron game now! And OMG the hybrid 3 is so sweet. 200, straight even,with a nice controlled swing. I hit 2 large buckets and 90 percent of them were a nice straight shot with great loft. Good thing I am getting divorced, because I am in love! lol Just need a matching wedge and a new putter to complete the set and 70's here I come. Well, if I don't hit the driver, still slicing that mofo.

Thanks guys! This was the best purchase I have made for myself in a long time.
Dave

Happy to hear that its working out for u. I love mines to.. We are about to review the TM ATV wedges soon. Those could be a nice complement to your irons!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

Ok I went crazy today and bought myself a brand new set of Burner 2.0 HP, they look so much better than the black ones IMHO, I will post some pictures later!

4d3ef26800522.jpg

Congrats on the purchase! It's a smooth transition from the 1.0s.

Thanks

Here are my new 2.0s

7470098786_482166275e.jpg

7470100954_5dec539253.jpg

7470101744_cb20927128.jpg

7470100488_db64b3baf8.jpg

Back