Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

No, just that I mentioned to him that my usual ball flight is a slight fade. I guess I'm fine with a consistent draw, but would obviously prefer dead straight!

I see what you're saying. Honestly, I don't have a clue how a heavier shaft will change things. One thing I'd suggest is trying to find a Cleveland demo day in your area. The one I attended had a few different Classics in varying weights. They also had two that weren't off-the-rack set ups (with Kusala White and Black shafts).

I see what you're saying. Honestly, I don't have a clue how a heavier shaft will change things. One thing I'd suggest is trying to find a Cleveland demo day in your area. The one I attended had a few different Classics in varying weights. They also had two that weren't off-the-rack set ups (with Kusala White and Black shafts).

Thanks, seems like everybody is loving the Kusala White here. Bummer that the only Cleveland demo day in my area is on Father's day, can't break tradition of a round with my pop, beers & the Open after.

Thanks, seems like everybody is loving the Kusala White here. Bummer that the only Cleveland demo day in my area is on Father's day, can't break tradition of a round with my pop, beers & the Open after.

I'm a Kusala Blue Fan myself...and there are people who have the White, the Blue, and the Black Kusalas in their Classics on here.

the CC 310 did not disappoint this weekend. i'm starting to get into a good groove where i've figured out what swing does what for this driver and have gotten some amazing results out of it. looks like i'm averaging about 250+ and i think i poked some 270-280s out there this when i really went HAM on the thing....(and i didn't play in Texas).

the low spin rate on this driver has been amazing so far! i'm not seeing big high slices or hooks, i'm not seeing snap hooks or slices either. toes and heels have been forgiving as well, with little loss of distance or dispersion. have gotten under 1 or 2, but have hot lost much distance as well.

this driver has a serious chance of replacing my R11....for reals yo.

what a beaut!

20120611_191621.jpg

20120611_191701.jpg

20120611_191957.jpg

20120611_192050.jpg

Nice little write up Tyler and great pics!

Needless to say, I am happy to see how this is working for you thus far. Just imagine if you played in TX! Ha

How does this driver compare to the Ping G20?

I really want the Classic but it is taking to long to get them delivered (waiting more than 2 weeks now, and still no update on the date of arrival in the store).

Since I don't have a driver right now and have a couple of tournaments on looong courses in a few weeks ... I should really buy one very soon.

Would the G20 be a good alternative for the classic?

I witnessed JB & Jman use this beauty over the weekend and I now see what all the hype is about. Beautiful sticks and real long. Impressive to say the least. I guess you can't truly understand or appreciate until you see it in person.

I would wait for the Classic to arrive. Its that good.

TapAhoy!

i'm waiting for my classic to get to my house (Scheduled to arrive tomorrow), along with the irons to get done being reshafted (picking them up tomorrow after work) before hitting the range tomorrow night...i can't remember the last time i felt this anxious to hit a club!

i'm waiting for my classic to get to my house (Scheduled to arrive tomorrow), along with the irons to get done being reshafted (picking them up tomorrow after work) before hitting the range tomorrow night...i can't remember the last time i felt this anxious to hit a club!

Did you go with the stock shaft?

How does this driver compare to the Ping G20?

I really want the Classic but it is taking to long to get them delivered (waiting more than 2 weeks now, and still no update on the date of arrival in the store).

Since I don't have a driver right now and have a couple of tournaments on looong courses in a few weeks ... I should really buy one very soon.

Would the G20 be a good alternative for the classic?

Who did you order it from? I just saw on your profile you are in Belgium, so maybe that is the issue? I'm probably in the minority here, but I wasn't crazy about the G20. I couldn't hit it straight and found that it ballooned like crazy on me. In my opinion, it's hard to beat the feel of the Classic.

OK -- So I am trying to read up on Deep faced Drivers as I don't think they are for me (slower swing speed/short, but straight driver of the golf ball). I hit it around 230 but usually find the fairway. I hit the 290 - 10.5 w/ reg flex and LOVED the feel. Shaft felt really smooth, not overly light and I hit this thing dead straight on the monitor. Problem is they were a little shorter than my current driver. I thought about going to the 12* but it looked a bit strange. Any advice on how to get this in the bag or at least try this shaft in another driver? I am not sure if this a one of their stock shafts? Again I didn't hit it bad and it was a fairway finder...just might have lacked the spin I needed. I also hit the 310 w/ the white shaft but it was a 9 or 9.5* so I was hitting it really low. Thanks!

OK -- So I am trying to read up on Deep faced Drivers as I don't think they are for me (slower swing speed/short, but straight driver of the golf ball). I hit it around 230 but usually find the fairway. I hit the 290 - 10.5 w/ reg flex and LOVED the feel. Shaft felt really smooth, not overly light and I hit this thing dead straight on the monitor. Problem is they were a little shorter than my current driver. I thought about going to the 12* but it looked a bit strange. Any advice on how to get this in the bag or at least try this shaft in another driver? I am not sure if this a one of their stock shafts? Again I didn't hit it bad and it was a fairway finder...just might have lacked the spin I needed. I also hit the 310 w/ the white shaft but it was a 9 or 9.5* so I was hitting it really low. Thanks!

You can always buy the C Kua 43S on it's own if you like the shaft.

So I'm thinking you can get this driver for $200 right now. $50 off with coupons out at golfsmith or where and then a $50 mail in rebate. That's not bad at all.

You can always buy the C Kua 43S on it's own if you like the shaft.

I was debating that - if I bought the Classic and pulled it I thought I read somewhere that they are tipped differently?

I was debating that - if I bought the Classic and pulled it I thought I read somewhere that they are tipped differently?

I'm not sure about that, but maybe somebody else knows.

I see that KMAC has joined the Classic club. Deep face bombs incoming!

No problem.. Thanks for the info Hawk.

OK! So psyched! Just got off the phone with Dennis from Blind9. The CC 290 (stock shaft for now) is on its way to Charm City! I'll post a full review ASAP.

Great news. Will be looking for your thoughts after it gets to you.

OK! So psyched! Just got off the phone with Dennis from Blind9. The CC 290 (stock shaft for now) is on its way to Charm City! I'll post a full review ASAP.
Congrats on a great purchase! :)

Who did you order it from? I just saw on your profile you are in Belgium, so maybe that is the issue? I'm probably in the minority here, but I wasn't crazy about the G20. I couldn't hit it straight and found that it ballooned like crazy on me. In my opinion, it's hard to beat the feel of the Classic.

You aren't alone. I never had the chance to hit the G20 outdoors or even on a monitor, but hitting in a bay at Edwin Watts, I found myself struggling to make solid contact with the G20, and didn't like the feel of it the few times I did make good contact. On the other hand, I pretty much hit the CC well from the first ball.

Back