The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I wish that more people knew about the Equipment Pondering and What did you Buy today threads. Small rant, not a huge deal, but sometimes it's difficult to find some threads because of a lot of single "looking for a club" and "guess what I bought" threads.

f this place...time for a new job

I've been unemployed all year, and yesterday I got a call from the man that conducted my recent job interview - they are offering me the job, the specifics of which I will get in an offer letter today or tomorrow. OK - I know that's not a rant - I am thrilled.

Here's the rant - I have been wrestling with what has felt like a pulled groin muscle off and on for two months - not awful, but makes me limp when it 's hurting, maybe 1/4 of the time. After Saturday's round of golf, that evening my hip/leg got sore, and I could barely walk Sunday, and Monday I literally had to use a cane. I went to my doctor, and the exam and x-rays show I have advanced arthritis in the right hip joint and will likely need hip replacement in the future. He wants to put it off as long as possible with other treatments. I got a shot and some new anti-inflammatory meds, but today I am still hobbling. How can I start a new job if I can barely walk? I am sure hoping the shot and drugs kick in quickly - the doc and the pharmacist say it will help a lot, and I believe it, but I need it to help QUICK!

How'd they turn out? I have thought about getting an air compressor, but I have gotten quite good and regripping without one. After a while you get the hang of it and it is easy.

I just woke up and I'm going to check on them now. When I finished them they seemed good, just needed to dry. I may or may not play today based on rain.

I just woke up and I'm going to check on them now. When I finished them they seemed good, just needed to dry. I may or may not play today based on rain.

My rant is that its 11am and you just woke up.

My rant is that its 11am and you just woke up.

Summer vacation ftw. Go to bed at 3 and wake up around noon. The only reason I woke up this early is because my dad woke me up.

Must be rough.. My full time job is vacation compared to my summer vacations in high school and college.. Wake up at 5:30, work construction from 6:30 to 5:30, go home, 3 s'es, bed.

I've been unemployed all year, and yesterday I got a call from the man that conducted my recent job interview - they are offering me the job, the specifics of which I will get in an offer letter today or tomorrow. OK - I know that's not a rant - I am thrilled.

Here's the rant - I have been wrestling with what has felt like a pulled groin muscle off and on for two months - not awful, but makes me limp when it 's hurting, maybe 1/4 of the time. After Saturday's round of golf, that evening my hip/leg got sore, and I could barely walk Sunday, and Monday I literally had to use a cane. I went to my doctor, and the exam and x-rays show I have advanced arthritis in the right hip joint and will likely need hip replacement in the future. He wants to put it off as long as possible with other treatments. I got a shot and some new anti-inflammatory meds, but today I am still hobbling. How can I start a new job if I can barely walk? I am sure hoping the shot and drugs kick in quickly - the doc and the pharmacist say it will help a lot, and I believe it, but I need it to help QUICK!

Hey Sam. Sorry to hear about your hip.

Go get some compression shorts and wear them under your trousers instead of undies. The compression shorts should provide some support and relief. Though you're suffering with arthritis not a groin pull, when I pulled both (ouch) groin muscles playing rugby, a football coach told me to get a lightweight girdle. I did and was able to play a weekend long tournament.

Give it a shot... Maybe it with anti-inflamatories will get you through the new job start until a more permanent solution can be arranged.

Good luck man!

I wish I was making this up....

Called TM about my order figuring they may ship out today(was told today or tomorrow) and well wouldn't you know it. TM said the order had an error on it do it was processed. And now I have to have these RH clubs in the FedEx system before they can ship mine(understandable but an annoyance) so now I just dropped them off for FedEx. But seriously what else can go wrong? I have less then 2 weeks till my tourney and still no clubs!!!!

That really sucks TC1. I hope it turns out okay for you.

Congrats on the job, hope your hip gets better quick.

Wow dude, I'd hate to be righty too.

Nice find Jeff, I'll make the trip!!

Rain go away, come back at night!

Rain go away, come back at night!

I just got my new R11 Shafted last night (thanks to Jim at Golf Smith), and I want to go hit so bad after work but it looks as though it is going to rain. I want the rain for the courses but not to day!! Come back at night when I can't hit or play!

playing in a county golf tournament on Friday. They just released the tee times and my group goes off at 7:12! Guess it's going to be an early Friday morning for me. The bad thing is, if I post any kind of decent score and have a chance at the top 12 I will have to sit around and wait for 2.5 hours before the final group comes in.

playing in a county golf tournament on Friday. They just released the tee times and my group goes off at 7:12! Guess it's going to be an early Friday morning for me. The bad thing is, if I post any kind of decent score and have a chance at the top 12 I will have to sit around and wait for 2.5 hours before the final group comes in.

Good luck out there. Maybe you will get calmer conditions and score like crazy!

Good luck out there. Maybe you will get calmer conditions and score like crazy!

Thanks Due! There are some real players in this thing. 1 guy who is in the group ahead of me made it to the US Open Qualifier. I'd have to score in the 70's, which I have done a few times at this course, to have a chance for day 2. I'd just like to get top 12 on day 1.

Thanks Due! There are some real players in this thing. 1 guy who is in the group ahead of me made it to the US Open Qualifier. I'd have to score in the 70's, which I have done a few times at this course, to have a chance for day 2. I'd just like to get top 12 on day 1.

good luck out there!

Good luck Dean!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back