What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB, mind sharing any Rib tips you might have? I've actually never tried grilling them. But I love them.

Golfergal is cooking tonight, so you will have to ask her...hehe

Baby Back Ribs with a few sides. The weather has been great grilling weather down here.

It's always great grilling weather--even when we have to shovel a path to the grill.

JB, mind sharing any Rib tips you might have? I've actually never tried grilling them. But I love them.

We're lazy--we buy Lloyd's baby backs (definitely the best of their selection), wrap 'em in tin foil, and heat on the grill while the sweet potatoes and corn bread are baking, and I'm putting the coleslaw together.

Lloyds are okay. but we like doing it. It is very easy. Dry Rub the night before. Put in foil and fill foil with Liquid. (I use either beer or root beer). Then bake at 225 for 2 and a half hours. Take out and give a BBQ sauce bath and put on the grill. Indirect heat with some smoking chips. Then rebath in sauce and you are good to go.

Take out.

Stoufers "Lasagna Bake with Meat Sauce." I have this one at least once a week.

Kraft mac and cheese :D

Your insistence on semantics seems to be curiously applied.

I don't know how I missed this one. The nice thing about knowing the rules is being able to break them intentionally (note no split infinitive) for effect. :angel:

I went to this trendy noodle house for lunch today and had braised pork belly. It tasted good, but after I realized I just ate a half pound of bacon and now I dont feel good. I guess when you call it braised it becomes fancy.

Ended up having stuffed shrimp over cheesey rice. GG would have loved the latter! It was pretty good, even though I don't think of cheese and shrimp as going together.

It's gonna be chilly but I'm grilling the rest of the steaks we bought last Sunday. So those and potatoes. What a great meal!

Awesome Smallie. We grilled the last 3 nights (ribs, pork tenderloin, and then kabobs). tonight we are taking the neighbors out to dinner.

Had some flat iron grilled steak & cheddar mashed potatoes along with pork filled deep fried raviolis from TGI Fridays.

Ended up having stuffed shrimp over cheesey rice. GG would have loved the latter! It was pretty good, even though I don't think of cheese and shrimp as going together.

I wouldn't like either, I don't like shrimp unless it's shrimp cocktail or in Sushi. I don't mind cheesey rice, I love cheddar broccoli rice. I have been on a fruit kick lately. We went to the farmers market last weekend and I bought a boat load of fruit, everything is just so good now!!

Congrats on 1700 GG.

For dinner, we had a really interesting conversation--very abstract ideas, discussed pretty darn concretely. For some reason, The Kid started asking about freedom of speech, and we got into slander, libel, and how do you determine who is a public figure. He loves to push boundaries (what if...?), so we got off on some tangents.

Then it was onto freedom of religion, and how do you define what is a religion. The Kid started with the idea that refrigerators are gods, and tried to build a belief system around it.

This is a great age.

Oh--grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, and peas.

The Kid started with the idea that refrigerators are gods, and tried to build a belief system around it.

Are they not?

I worship at mine, and its blessed handmaiden, the microwave, nightly.

After I got done at the golf course after work this afternoon, I swung by Taco Bell and got a Grande Meal.
All in all, not bad and its a lotta food for $10.

Just macaroni. Sometimes being half italian sucks - I don't like macaroni that much, and we have it like twice a week.

I stopped believing in my fridge after it let the milk go bad. I just didnt understand why.

Hot Beef Sundae anyone?
i2dw5nf19lzga3c1adUq6Bg7o1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back