New Driver Analysis

I feel accuracy is more of a player variable. The driver doesn't control accuracy.

Finally something we both agree on. I can hand someone a driver which supposedly has been tested as the straightest & greatest thing ever. But if they suck with a driver it won't matter one bit. No such thing as a magical club that will turn a horrible driver into someone who can keep it in the fairway.

If I start to hook my drives it's 100% about me & 0% with the driver.

Finally something we both agree on. I can hand someone a driver which supposedly has been tested as the straightest & greatest thing ever. But if they suck with a driver it won't matter one bit. No such thing as a magical club that will turn a horrible driver into someone who can keep it in the fairway.

If I start to hook my drives it's 100% about me & 0% with the driver.

Exactly. That is why it was not included in there.

Nice list Dent. We love the Monster and it is SERIOUSLY forgiving. Like the review said that we did "if long and straight is what you want" then it is perfect. The R9 is a great one too.

Nice list Dent. We love the Monster and it is SERIOUSLY forgiving. Like the review said that we did "if long and straight is what you want" then it is perfect. The R9 is a great one too.

Thanks JB, I think I pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as drivers go. The rankings and reviews are similarly close to your reviews when I tried them all.

Glad to see that our public testings are working then. If you like the Monster however I think you need to try two other drivers and those are the Mizuno MX-700 and Nickent 4DX. Both have very similar style and you might fall in love.

Glad to see that our public testings are working then. If you like the Monster however I think you need to try two other drivers and that is the Mizuno MX-700 and Nickent 4DX.

Good suggestion JB, I forgot about those. I will try them in Florida.

If it's the same Nike grip that went on the Nike SQ 5300 and SQ 2 3W...I HATE THOSE GRIPS. I got them regripped within a week.

Thanks for the review. I'll be shopping for a driver within a month or two.

its a yellow version of the victory red full cavity grips. Which I will be replacing fairly soon :act-up: BTW very good review Dent in my reviews it was R9 then Dymo but I couldn't afford the extra $100 for the R9

thnk its as hot as the omonster aj?

I'm gaming both of them right now (different loft and shaft combos fyi), I'm hitting the monster about 10 yards longer on average but I still love the XLS and you can't beat it for that price.

I'm gaming both of them right now (different loft and shaft combos fyi), I'm hitting the monster about 10 yards longer on average but I still love the XLS and you can't beat it for that price.

I should have tried it at Golftown, I then I would consider it, but now that the deal is over I missed out.

I'm bumping this thread to say "Thanks!"

As most of you know, I'm in the market for a new driver, and have been looking around for some reviews on some of them. Thanks a lot Dent.

I'm bumping this thread to say "Thanks!"

As most of you know, I'm in the market for a new driver, and have been looking around for some reviews on some of them. Thanks a lot Dent.

No problem, If none of those are out of your price range I suggest testing them out. Plus Flop, deals can be had majorly online.

No problem, If none of those are out of your price range I suggest testing them out. Plus Flop, deals can be had majorly online.

That's the only reason why some of these are in my price range - because of eBay. :p

That's the only reason why some of these are in my price range - because of eBay. :p

Flop, why not go into say a Golfsmith or something? The 2 I went to in Arizona had some nice drivers for pretty cheap. I almost picked up a '07 Burner TP for $150.

Flop, why not go into say a Golfsmith or something? The 2 I went to in Arizona had some nice drivers for pretty cheap. I almost picked up a '07 Burner TP for $150.

No Golfsmith in Jacksonville... :(
Only thing thats close is the overpriced GolfUSA, and then about 35 mins away is Edwin Watts.

No Golfsmith in Jacksonville... :(
Only thing thats close is the overpriced GolfUSA, and then about 35 mins away is Edwin Watts.

Oh. Well if you could get a ride out to Edwin Watts, it may be worth it.

Back