Floppy's Driver Choices

I think maybe this one needs its own thread rather than the DYMO thread.

I think maybe this one needs its own thread rather than the DYMO thread.

Is there some way you can take out the posts about it and make it its own thread? That'd be better than creating a new one.

haha, thanks JB.

I'm still torn though. A HiBore Monster is a possibility, but I woudn't be able to afford a shaft, so a Fit-On Gold would have to do. Same with the Dymo and Diablo. I'd have to go with the stock shafts. Or I could get the XLS and Proforce V2 High Launch.

Aghhhhh

I think if you hit each club, you may like some of the stock offerings.

haha, thanks JB.

I'm still torn though. A HiBore Monster is a possibility, but I woudn't be able to afford a shaft, so a Fit-On Gold would have to do. Same with the Dymo and Diablo. I'd have to go with the stock shafts. Or I could get the XLS and Proforce V2 High Launch.

Aghhhhh

Flop the Stock shaft in the Dymo is a higher launching shaft. What is wrong with anything stock in these drivers?

I think if you hit each club, you may like some of the stock offerings.

Did you have any problems with the stock shaft in the Dymo? I remember hearing in your review of the Diablo that the stock shaft wasn't great, and that you liked the stock for the Monster.

EDIT: Not saying anything is wrong at all. Sounds like the dymo would fit then, as I'm looking for a high launch shaft.

The DYMO is high launch. We LOVED the stock shaft with the FTiq. But it is different for everybody. I personally think the 4DX with the V2 High Launch will compete if not beat every driver in that bunch for distance and forgivenes. And it will be over $100 less.

Is the Proforce V2 regular shaft (not the HL model) a low-launch shaft?

On another note: the 5900 is still staring at me. The only reason is because it comes with a free 3w, and I can't afford a nice 3w, so it's my only chance. So many choices.

I believe IIRC it is mid launch.

I prefer the GD Aura shafts by far to the UST V2. Once they have been out for a few years I think many will also.

Is the Proforce V2 regular shaft (not the HL model) a low-launch shaft?

On another note: the 5900 is still staring at me. The only reason is because it comes with a free 3w, and I can't afford a nice 3w, so it's my only chance. So many choices.

The V2 is a mid-low launch shaft.

Floppy, if you can arrange a demo give an FT-i a try. Cheap as hell right now & the things are magic fairway finders.

Floppy, if you can arrange a demo give an FT-i a try. Cheap as hell right now & the things are magic fairway finders.

I'll try, thanks for the suggestion. Those things are ugly as hell, though.

I'll try, thanks for the suggestion. Those things are ugly as hell, though.

At 1st I thought so to, but in reality at address the head is actually a lot smaller than my Burner & it's sure better looking than the square Nike you are considering.

At 1st I thought so to, but in reality at address the head is actually a lot smaller than my Burner & it's sure better looking than the square Nike you are considering.

I love the looks of all the Nike SQ drivers. I really like the yellow. Call me weird! :D

I'll try to head over to Edwin Watts some time this week, and test it out.

I agree with Dyna about how accurate and forgiving they are. RocketSauce played one the first few times he and I played and always hit it well. He just switched and got the Mizuno MX-700 that seems to give him about 10 more yards of distance, but the FTi was a heck of a club.

Floppy it would be really good to get a shaft fitting on a launch monitor. I was swinging a 10 deg reg flex, adn i knew that the reg was not strong enought but the launch montior said i needed a 8.5 X, i switched and it has made a ton of difference. See what shafts give you the best results.

Floppy it would be really good to get a shaft fitting on a launch monitor. I was swinging a 10 deg reg flex, adn i knew that the reg was not strong enought but the launch montior said i needed a 8.5 X, i switched and it has made a ton of difference. See what shafts give you the best results.

Yeah, I'm going to head up to Edwin Watts this week and see what they can do.

As for the FTi- how loud is it? Louder then the old square Nike?

Yeah, I'm going to head up to Edwin Watts this week and see what they can do.

As for the FTi- how loud is it? Louder then the old square Nike?

No way, i seriously have a hard time believing that and club can be as loud as that artilery piece.

Nowhere near as loud as that old Sumo.
I cringe whenever I hear one of those things.

Flop, check out Rock Bottom Golf, you can get an FT-5 I-Mix head for $99.99 and shafts for under $120, like a ProLaunch Platinum for $99.99

Flop, check out Rock Bottom Golf, you can get an FT-5 I-Mix head for $99.99 and shafts for under $120, like a ProLaunch Platinum for $99.99

Yeah, but they don't have the 10 FT-5 Head...only 9. :(
I was seriously thinking that route. Then again, I have no idea how to "work" the I-Mix. Is it easy to secure the clubhead on the shaft?? And do the shafts come with a grip on them, or will I have to do that too? Cuz I could do the FT-i IMix.

The shafts come with a grip and they screw in with a wrench, its a very easy with a system to use.

Back