JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I really liked Zachs outfit.

I like Shingo's outfit

Are you kidding? Bashing Tiger's shirt? There was nothing wrong with it, lol. What's wrong with Cink's orange shirt? Does he want everyone to just wear solid black and white?

Thats the thing about fashion, its subjective. I personally think pink golf shirts look stupid, but some people like them. To each their own.

I think they all looked fine. I really liked Zach Johnson's outfit!

Thats the thing about fashion, its subjective. I personally think pink golf shirts look stupid, but some people like them. To each their own.

I'm going to agree with this statement strongly. Actually, all three statements. :)

I understand that I'm a bit more conservative, but I can tell you that the majority of clothes "ooh-ed" and "aah-ed" about here I would not be caught dead in.

Heck, today was my first time ever trying on a pair of plaid shorts, and I'm still not sure if I'll end up buying them.

I'm going to agree with this statement strongly. Actually, all three statements. :)

I understand that I'm a bit more conservative, but I can tell you that the majority of clothes "ooh-ed" and "aah-ed" about here I would not be caught dead in.

Heck, today was my first time ever trying on a pair of plaid shorts, and I'm still not sure if I'll end up buying them.

I don't have a problem with plaid shorts, in fact, I think they look good..but I have yet to wear any.

Plaid is not for everybody. It looks good on some but the goal is to find things that look good on the individaul that most importantly they feel comfortable in. Fashion is 100% subjective and that is what makes it so much fun. For me though style means more than just patterns. It is about quality. Some go crazy for the latest clubs, I go crazy for well built and put together outfits. It wreaks of confidence and does not have to be flashy at all.

Many times flashy is not the best thing. But "fit" is the ultimate thing. Perfect fitting clothes are like finding the sweet spot on your club face for this apparel junkie.

Conn's orange shirt was beyond cool. If I find it, I will be buying it. But I like rocking the orange.

Now I see what you guys meant about Shingo Katayama's outfit. The cowboy hat was a bit over the top. I somewhat have to question what a Japanese man knows about being a cowboy though...
He is playing really well though.

Now I see what you guys meant about Shingo Katayama's outfit. The cowboy hat was a bit over the top. I somewhat have to question what a Japanese man knows about being a cowboy though...
He is playing really well though.

I think it makes him look like a pirate.

I think it makes him look like a pirate.
Ive got a cowboy hat like that. The difference is that I used to do rodeo when I was in highschool (calf roping), so its OK for me to dress like that.
People in the cowboy/rodeo social circle get very much annoyed when people dress like that because they think it looks cool.
Im still rooting for Katayama to win tomorrow though. :D

^^^^
That is funny.

Shingo has always worn the hat though

Shingo has always worn the hat though
Japan is known for their beef, so I guess. I had a Kobe steak once and it was amazing. :bulgy-eyes: Cows that are raised to be butchered for Kobe beef lead such a pampered life (they get daily massages, no joke) that the meat is soooooo tender.
I liked how Katayama's grips and his shirt matched. Im not usually a fan of yellow, but those yellow grips looked pretty sharp.

You can actually get "kobe beef" in the US. Its called Wagyu and is just as good. Same high price, but delicious.

Cool. I had that Kobe steak a few years ago when I was in Nagoya, Japan. I spent a week there touring the Toyota museum, Yamaha museum and the Honda Exhibition Hall.
Pretty cool, I almost didnt want to come back home. Actually, about 5 years ago I almost moved to Japan to be an English teacher. As someone who speaks both English and Japanese fluently, I could make a pretty decent living in Japan as an English teacher. Sometimes I think I should have done it, but my family is too important to me to leave them behind and move half way across the world.

I went to Japan 3 years ago and had it. Wagyu will do you right if you give it a try.

Somewhat off-topic, but where in Japan did you go?

Tokyo.

To get even more off topic and kind of back on topic, since you like Japanese culture, you would love what Capito stands for in the apparel world. Everything in his line was designed for Japanese tradition and he is over there a few times a year to make sure that they like it. It is in many country clubs over there.

Tokyo is nuts. As someone who grew up in the midwest and had never really been to any big cities, landing at Narita airport in Tokyo was kind of a mindblowing experience. So many people, so much congestion.
Thanks for mention about Capito, I might have to look into them. Now that Im playing more than once a week, I definetly need to look into buying more golf clothes.

Wait till you see the belt we are giving away in this raffle of his. Simply one of the nicest we have ever seen. You can read his review here. As well as check out his pictures and videos from the PGA show on our forum.

Back