What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacqui and I are going to a Japanese Steak House for our Anniversary.

Thanks Geezer. It's our second.

Jacqui and I are going to a Japanese Steak House for our Anniversary.

Congrats on the anniversery. Watch out for the Onion Volcano, if its one of those type of Japanese steak houses.

brown rice and chicken :chicken:

a pulled pork cuban and a baked potato. Every now and then I have to indulge in BBQ, it's just so good!

I haven't read this thread in a while so sorry for the delay but CONGRATULATIONS Smallville on your Anniversary!!

I didn't think so, I thought you could get them anywhere. A cuban sandwich is normally sliced roast pork, ham, swiss (or some type of) cheese, mustard, mayo, and a thin sliced pickle hot pressed on cuban bread. They are incredible! Unfortunately, they are incredibly unhealthy so it is something I very rarely indulge in. This one was a little different because we were at a BBQ place so instead of sliced roast pork it was smoked pulled pork and I added some BBQ sauce.

I didn't think so, I thought you could get them anywhere. A cuban sandwich is normally sliced roast pork, ham, swiss (or some type of) cheese, mustard, mayo, and a thin sliced pickle hot pressed on cuban bread. They are incredible! Unfortunately, they are incredibly unhealthy so it is something I very rarely indulge in. This one was a little different because we were at a BBQ place so instead of sliced roast pork it was smoked pulled pork and I added some BBQ sauce.

Sounds yummy!

It's delicious. I actually prefer the original kind, and it's weird because they use yellow mustard which I normally can't stand but on that sandwich it just fits. If you ever get a chance to try one I highly recommend it.

They've got em in Texas too.

We're going to the Hibachi (Japanese steakhouse) tonight. It's down on the Plaza so it's public parking so we may have to walk a ways to get there. I chose the place we went to last night because in addition to being recommended by my boss, it was in a strip mall so it had a parking lot (but I had never been to before). We were also disappointed in the food and the show so tonight we are trying someplace I have been before.

But you get to eat more and then walk it off...hehe

Unfortunately, they are incredibly unhealthy so it is something I very rarely indulge in.

Add some chorizo to that and really make it unhealthy. My local Cuban place in Richmond does that. Your can feel your arteries harden as you eat it.

For some reason my wife wants to go to Pizza Hut??? Whatever, I really don't care.

The Hibachi beat the place we went to last night in every category except price. The other place was $50 with tip compared to $60 with tip tonight. Even if the other place had been half the price it wouldn't have been worth it. There was nothing that even came close to tonight's meal. Lesson learned. However, next time we go to Gojo's so Jacqui can decide which of these two she likes the best.

We had Greek food tonight and it was delicious! I had a chicken gyro and JB had a regular gyro plus we got a side of hummus and pita. I also discovered an amazing dessert tonight. At one of our local grocery stores called Sweetbay they had this pre-made milk shake thing that is figure friendly. It's basically low fat ice cream beads and then you just add skim or fat free milk, shake for 30 seconds and you're done. I was very impressed, I will definitely be buying these again. If there is anyone on here who follows weight watchers, one of these shakes is only two points, it's says so on the bottle haha.

One last thing about tonight's dinner. I absolutely love watching people who don't know how to use chop sticks, try to use chop sticks! Most try to hold it too close to the wrong end, which is a dead giveaway that they will be using their fork shortly!

We had Greek food tonight and it was delicious! I had a chicken gyro and JB had a regular gyro plus we got a side of hummus and pita. I also discovered an amazing dessert tonight. At one of our local grocery stores called Sweetbay they had this pre-made milk shake thing that is figure friendly. It's basically low fat ice cream beads and then you just add skim or fat free milk, shake for 30 seconds and you're done. I was very impressed, I will definitely be buying these again. If there is anyone on here who follows weight watchers, one of these shakes is only two points, it's says so on the bottle haha.

Ahhhh man, now I want a gyro, hummus, and tabouli. :sad:

About 20 minutes from our house we have a heavily populated Greek area called Tarpon Springs. There are about 19 Greek restaurants within 5 miles of each other. They are all authentic and very good.

One last thing about tonight's dinner. I absolutely love watching people who don't know how to use chop sticks, try to use chop sticks! Most try to hold it too close to the wrong end, which is a dead giveaway that they will be using their fork shortly!
Chopsticks are difficult for those who arent used to them. It took me a little while to master chop sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back