2012 Srixon Golf Ball Lineup

Is everyone on Team THP going to call themselves a surgeon? :alien:

Your last line is the same way I feel....the Z Star is definitely soft like the Penta. I have some Z Star XV balls to go through, I'm going to use the next couple of weeks to see if I want to go with that ball or just the Z Star. My main concern on the Z Star XV is 100 yards and in.

Oddly that was exactly where the XV performed the best for me. It's not supposed to spin more than the Z-Star into the green but for me it did every time. However I felt like I was loosing to much distance because I can't fully compress it all the time.

TC and Ary, and well anybody else with experience with the Z-Star XV

What are your thoughts comparing the Z-Star XV to say the Bridgestone B-330 and the Pro V1x?

What are your thoughts comparing the Z-Star XV to say the Bridgestone B-330 and the Pro V1x?

Mulligan, I haven't played either of those balls, sorry I can't help you out.

SW, I think that I can compress the XV just fine, I've seen some great distance off of the tee with that ball. It's just a question of whether I want to go with that and adjust to slightly less short game spin, or go with the Z Star and then have to adjust to more spin off of the tee.

I have very little experience with the ProV1x, as I literally gamed one for the first time about 3 weeks ago. Decent ball, but lacked durability for me. I love the B series from Bridgestone. Very durable, very consistent and very solid. It almost feels like it's not as firm as it is.

I liked the SL, but something about the regular old Z-Star seemed better to me. I got me a box on Saturday and was happy to get them back in play. I was playing some Artist Formerly Known as Prince purple Nike balls that wanted to bounce off the green too much.

I liked the SL, but something about the regular old Z-Star seemed better to me. I got me a box on Saturday and was happy to get them back in play. I was playing some Artist Formerly Known as Prince purple Nike balls that wanted to bounce off the green too much.

LOL. You know, sometimes you just have to go with what works dude! You've got so much experience with the balls that no doubt you're making the right choice.

Honestly, I just want to be like Keegan Bradley, LOL

I've tested the crap out of all three models and just feel more comfortable with the ZStar I reckon. Although I could make a last minute change of mind. I'm weird like that.

TC I love it. Last minute change is not a bad thing. I like that you keep an open mind till the end.

I have a random sleeve of 2012 Z stars just hanging out, I'm going to try them today, I've never really used them so we'll see how they work for me since my ideal ball is the XV

Z-Star XV Spins more for me from Wedges than the 330 or the PRO V1X.
Not a lot more but my distance control with the XV's are great, and I can control the spin well.

OH Yeah...and I can get them on Ebay cheaper.
Nothing like the Z Star but I don't need the driver spin.

Honestly, the XV didn't wow me like I thought it might. The B-330 did though, back when I first started playing them. And I've never really put the proV1x in play.

The XV was longer off the tee for me by 5-10 yards sometimes, but it didn't feel as good as the regular Z-Star did as an all-around well performing ball.

BlackBerry Tapatalk...laugh it up.

Speaking of z-stars, they're buy 2 dozen save $15...buy 3 dozen save $35 still until the end of June.

I tried Z Stars at try outs for golf one time, I now have a soft spot for Srixon and bridgestone e6, those balls helped me break 90

Speaking of z-stars, they're buy 2 dozen save $15...buy 3 dozen save $35 still until the end of June.

Where is this deal at?

They were priced that way at Dicks, SW.

Where is this deal at?

Saw it on srixon.com, but yes, I'm sure retailers are offering that as well

Not impressed with Srixon XV's

Not impressed with Srixon XV's

Bought a dozen XV's last night, and put one in play tonight. I can't say anything was particularly bad about them, I just didn't think they were as soft or responsive as my ProV1x's. I hit a ProV off the tee right after the Srixon, and couldnt believe how better feeling the ProV1x was. One thing I must say is XV had much better spin on wedge shots, and it was definitely more durable. It also felt very clicky off my putter, which i didn't like. I know it's different strokes for different folks, but I'll definitely be keeping the ProV1x in the bag. Sad, I want to transition to something new. Now I have 11 srixons I don't know what to do with!

Send them to me :beauty:

Ohhhhhhh

Nothing wrong with that. Good thing there are lots of choices out there! I imagine somebody would take them off your hands if you put them up in the BST forum.

I accept donations.

Sounds like a much harder ball. In my book: nothing better than a ProV1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't really say anything bad about them, they are just different than what I fancy. They'll def. be going up in the FS section. Glad I tried em though. Might try the Bridgestone RX next.

i'd take a free sleeve if you don't want em! :alien:

if you're willing to play them and keep them....be patient and give them some time.
at least for me - for both the Z-Star and XV balls, i experienced the same exact thing. i was coming off playing the ProV1. and the first few times i hit each ball, if felt like i was playing with rocks! serious. i stepped back and said...."wtf is TC talking about. these balls are garbage!"

but i kept playing them...and they are a lot better now. i'm not feeling that clickyness off the putter and they are soft off the driver and irons as well.

or give them to me and TC and Hawk and Spicoli! lol

i'd take a free sleeve if you don't want em! :alien:

if you're willing to play them and keep them....be patient and give them some time.
at least for me - for both the Z-Star and XV balls, i experienced the same exact thing. i was coming off playing the ProV1. and the first few times i hit each ball, if felt like i was playing with rocks! serious. i stepped back and said...."wtf is TC talking about. these balls are garbage!"

but i kept playing them...and they are a lot better now. i'm not feeling that clickyness off the putter and they are soft off the driver and irons as well.

or give them to me and TC and Hawk and Spicoli! lol

Haha maybe I'll give them another try. Funny you mention the hardness. I literally said to my partner "I feel like I'm playing a Top Flite XL". I do have to say, those babies could spin. Maybe I'll let them reacquaint themselves with my driver a few more times!

Dr, I think you hit the nail on the head, they're just different. It's hard going from a regular gamer to something different. I felt very similar about the XV at first. It's not all that appealing off the big stick but the damn thing just goes. Give them another whirl, that's why you have 11 more of them.

Or send them to me haha, that's crazy that you didn't like them perhaps a little more time testing them could help you see more benefits. Anyways, the Prov1x is in my opinion a really hard ball to compete with, the only other one I've seen that I liked as god or better was the B330-Rx.

Back