Cobra Golf Long Tom Driver Preview

Long Tom 2W - 12.5* 45" SW=E0 - Stiff Shaft

I saw this thing hanging on the rack at Golf Galaxy and had them tape it up. Not sure if they even know what it was. It's all black from head to grip. It has one of the 20g Winn Light grips on it and if you saw the pic has "Let it Fly" on the butt end.

The head is large 240cc and round and deep. You notice the swing weight immediately as well as the length of the shaft. It really is a mini driver. I would like to say it's a huge FW but I didn't hit it off the deck and wasn't sure if I wanted to.

The tee was a bit higher then I would like, close to an inch or so. I would have loved to have had a shorter tee. I put the ball where I usually put my driver in my stance and started swinging away. I posted my first 10 swings. After those my average got to be around 90-93mph and I was seeing 240 carry and the roll out was in the 260s. Felt like I was thumping the ball each and every time. I have been working on my release to get better contact.

It sounded beastly and the feedback at impact was good, no real complaints at all.

Great write up on the Long Tom deuce wood. However, one thing really sticks out to me: why on earth was this not OEM'd, LOL

Great write up on the Long Tom deuce wood. However, one thing really sticks out to me: why on earth was this not OEM'd, LOL

I'm stumped too... WTH

I don't know where to put it in the bag. It would be a great cheaper driver for somebody.

Nice writeup Frank, should of OEM'd that dude lol.

I don't know where to put it in the bag. It would be a great cheaper driver for somebody.

Good point. Black > White though dude. Off the RBZ 3wood or something.

Ummmm take out a RBZ hybrid! DO IT! LOL

18 launch with 2000 spin is apparently very good for me.

Serious would you guys buy this thing if you were me.

Well, what kind of #'s do you get from your 3wood? Do you hit it off the deck a lot?

Frank If that were me hitting that and I actually had the funds available to buy it it would of been with me on the ride home lol, or at least ordered through Blind9!

Well, what kind of #'s do you get from your 3wood? Do you hit it off the deck a lot?

I've turned the corner in the past few weeks with hitting the ball. I'm getting a little more carry out of my driver right now I would say. I hit the RBZ 3 wood close to this off the tee, and I'm getting more consistent with it off the deck.

Frank If that were me hitting that and I actually had the funds available to buy it it would of been with me on the ride home lol, or at least ordered through Blind9!

I just checked and it qualifies for the $50 off at golf smith right now to, hehe

I've turned the corner in the past few weeks with hitting the ball. I'm getting a little more carry out of my driver right now I would say. I hit the RBZ 3 wood close to this off the tee, and I'm getting more consistent with it off the deck.

If you're hitting what you have as far and as tight then there's no need to change a thing.

I still want one though.

If you're hitting what you have as far and as tight then there's no need to change a thing.

I still want one though.

I do have some wedge money in the bank from JJ

Frank, you need the 2W. Do it. If it doesnt work out for you, I'll buy it off ya! No excuse now, if you end up not liking it, BOOM, sell it to War.

Frank get back in the dang car and buy it. The question is why don't you have it in the bag already?!

Frank, you need the 2W. Do it. If it doesnt work out for you, I'll buy it off ya! No excuse now, if you end up not liking it, BOOM, sell it to War.

And here's the win/win situation frank was looking for. I like this.

So driver , 2W, 3W, Heavy 5W, 4H, 5-AW, 56* and Putter - Haha

I need an update, have we bought this yet Frank?

Frank, you can have more than 14 clubs in the bag, apparently nobody cares except the d-bag in my golf league.

Hey all, this is my first post so bear with me. Been cruising the site a while when I found this thread. I've been hitting the long tom from release day. Seriously tamed a terrible slice tendency on the later holes. This is the first I have heard of a 2W. Any of you hit them both? Not a long driver and have been toying with the idea of a 2W for the long 5's and mid-length 4's. Thoughts/suggestions? Thanks.

I need an update, have we bought this yet Frank?

Frank, you can have more than 14 clubs in the bag, apparently nobody cares except the d-bag in my golf league.

I'm working through a justification process right now in my head. I have a driver already that I hit this far. This would just be a toy.

How much was it Frank?

Back