The 2009 Masters Thread [spoilers]

Alot has to happen for Tiger to even have a sniff at the Jacket tomorrow.

Campbell has left himself a tough shot on 16.

Cabrera in at -11. His ball striking looks amazing this weekend, but he plays fast and pace of play could be an issue for him in the final pair tomorrow.

Stricker is one of Titleist's golden boys using an Odyssey. Maybe that should say something when he is one of the best putters on tour.

hey, 907, go post this over at the other place. Let's see if it gets deleted!

THP does not recommend posting that to anger anybody. If something is going to be posted at other sites, (which we are not asking anybody to do) post something about our charity raffle and help organizations in need and at the same time let golfers know that they can win some amazing prizes.

Jim Furyk has apparently decided to copy my follow-through.

1d634d1b6afed99cba04cae5fcc3a156-getty-84056653jl276_the_masters_r.jpg

In case this hasn't been posted, here are the Sunday tee times.
Tiger and Phil are together. That in itself should be interesting.
If this has already been posted, sorry!

GROUP TEE TIME PLAYER 1 PLAYER 2
1 1 10:25 K. Sutherland M. Weir
2 1 10:35 M. Jimenez R. Mediate
3 1 10:45 B. Curtis A. Romero
4 1 10:55 B. Watson R. Fisher
5 1 11:05 P. Casey D. Hart
6 1 11:15 D. Trahan R. Allenby
7 1 11:25 R.Imada T.Immelman
8 1 11:35 K. Duke H. Stenson
9 1 11:45 R. Mcilroy L. Donald
10 1 11:55 S. Garcia S. Appleby
11 1 12:05 G. Mcdowell A. Baddeley
12 1 12:15 P. Harrington S. Lyle
13 1 12:25 J. Rose L. Mize
14 1 12:45 J. Merrick G. Ogilvy
15 1 12:55 V. Singh D. Johnson
16 1 1:05 S. Flesch C. Villegas
17 1 1:15 H. Mahan A. Kim
18 1 1:25 N. Watney S. Ames
19 1 1:35 T. Woods P. Mickelson
20 1 1:45 I. Poulter L. Westwood
21 1 1:55 T. Clark S. O'Hair
22 1 2:05 S. Katayama T. Hamilton
23 1 2:15 S. Stricker R. Sabbatini
24 1 2:25 C. Campbell J. Furyk
25 1 2:35 A. Cabrera K. Perry

So first he is selling your house Harry, and now he stole your swing. What is next?

In case this hasn't been posted, here are the Sunday tee times.
Tiger and Phil are together. That in itself should be interesting.
If this has already been posted, sorry!

GROUP TEE TIME PLAYER 1 PLAYER 2
1 1 10:25 K. Sutherland M. Weir
2 1 10:35 M. Jimenez R. Mediate
3 1 10:45 B. Curtis A. Romero
4 1 10:55 B. Watson R. Fisher
5 1 11:05 P. Casey D. Hart
6 1 11:15 D. Trahan R. Allenby
7 1 11:25 R.Imada T.Immelman
8 1 11:35 K. Duke H. Stenson
9 1 11:45 R. Mcilroy L. Donald
10 1 11:55 S. Garcia S. Appleby
11 1 12:05 G. Mcdowell A. Baddeley
12 1 12:15 P. Harrington S. Lyle
13 1 12:25 J. Rose L. Mize
14 1 12:45 J. Merrick G. Ogilvy
15 1 12:55 V. Singh D. Johnson
16 1 1:05 S. Flesch C. Villegas
17 1 1:15 H. Mahan A. Kim
18 1 1:25 N. Watney S. Ames
19 1 1:35 T. Woods P. Mickelson
20 1 1:45 I. Poulter L. Westwood
21 1 1:55 T. Clark S. O'Hair
22 1 2:05 S. Katayama T. Hamilton
23 1 2:15 S. Stricker R. Sabbatini
24 1 2:25 C. Campbell J. Furyk
25 1 2:35 A. Cabrera K. Perry

Some interesting pairings. I definitely think Tiger/Phil is not good for either of them. Poulter and Westwood for the Euros -- do they get on well? I think Mahan and Kim is possibly a great pairing. I also think Rocco and Jemenez makes a good grouping: similar age, similar dispositions. Maybe it's the Spanish thing, but Jemenez strikes me as the uncontested king of good living; I'd love to hang out with him on the 19th hole admiring waitresses, smoking stogies, and swirling Rioja.

I dunno WSE. Tiger needs something to light a fire because whatever he's been doing so far this week, isn't working. I actually think this is a good pairing for both of these guys. I think they are too far behind to win (and have too many people ahead of them that have to unravel).

What I really hated today was when Chad Campbell was on 15 and layed up, the commentators were bashing him for that. Then he hit his wedge a foot long and it went off the green. He decided to putt it, and not use a wedge. Nick Faldo and who ever else was commentating with him, were saying thing like "Tiger or Phil would take out a wedge here," and "he shouldn't use the putter here, he should use a lob wedge and throw it up in the air." I mean the game is played in many different ways, and just because someone (who is leading Tiger and Phil) decides to do something different he is suddenly wrong and doesn't know what hes doing.

Okay that was my rant for the day.

Has anybody else noticed how Harrington has been picking the bal out of the hole all week? He's sort of crouching down very gingerly. Any word of an injury or something? He kind of looks like he could be trying to save his back.
Look out for it today.

I thought so to Geezer and inquired about it and was told that he is absolutely 100% fine.

Holy smokes, a guy goes out to play a round of golf yesterday and I come back completely behind on this thread. Wow.

So who do you all like right now? As much as I hate to say it.....I think Cabrera will pull it out, he's pretty solid under pressure and looks to be swinging really good right now. While the commentators yesterday were a bit annoying in the critiquing of everyone's decisions, they did make a good point in that this year has a feel of a year that someone from 6 or 7 back might be able to make a run early, get to striking distance on the back 9 and post a number and watch it hold up.

Either way I'll love every second of it! Even the cheesy music and the over blown drama and emotion of everything, I love it all!

Holy smokes, a guy goes out to play a round of golf yesterday and I come back completely behind on this thread. Wow.

l!

Ditto, I played yesterday and fell way behind. I just got done watching the third round and catching up on the contest.

Jemenez strikes me as the uncontested king of good living; I'd love to hang out with him on the 19th hole admiring waitresses, smoking stogies, and swirling Rioja.

and cruising around town in one of his Ferrari's!

Glad its on and I can relax, write reviews, and watch golf.

Tiger's tee shots are all over the place. Hooked #1 over to the 8th fairway.

So was Phils. They need birdies and lots of them. I think one of them has to put up 65 or better to be relevant.

I must say I am finding myself rooting for Phil. He is on fire and I would love to see him make a run. Love the pants he is sporting today.

I like Angel's belt buckle. (when moving you cannot see it) It subtle but still nice.

I just now realized that Steve Flesch is left-handed. :dohanim:

Back