Rodger Clemens found not guilty

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
Acquitted on all 6 charges. Was justice served?

Another question: Does not guilty mean innocent?

It is what it is dude, I'm glad it's finally over. He seems like a cool guy (not that I was paying any attention to it anyways)

If you read the NBA thread's 1st page, it certainly means something. :D

What did he not do?
Perjury - was accused of lying to congress when he denied taking PEDs.

I don't believe it ever does, in civil or criminal cases, simply that the case was not sufficiently proven beyond all reasonable doubt (criminal) or on the balance of probabilities (civil).

It was such a sticky situation, I think he probably is guilty but there still could be some "reasonable doubt"

Glad he's clear. One of the best catchers to ever play the game.

I am still wondering how the govt decided to spend tax dollars on this perjury case and not the Bill Clinton one? Who decides which perjury matters and which doesnt?

I asked the question that I did because of my next question. If he was found not guilty, do the voters have a leg to stand on in keeping him out of the HOF?

I am still wondering how the govt decided to spend tax dollars on this perjury case and not the Bill Clinton one? Who decides which perjury matters and which doesnt?

In all seriousness, why is the government ever involved in sports.

LOL I was kidding :) trying add humor to a perjury thread haha.

I figured it was either for a haha or a typo.. Just tryin to keep things on topic here guys... Or not

Colossal waste of money. Now on to lance armstrong.

Colossal waste of money. Now on to lance armstrong.

eventually they'll get someone right? Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, now Lance.

Major waste of tax dollars. This and the Bonds trial were huge fiasco's.

Hey Roger, this is Rep/Sen Soandso. After I grill you, under oath, can we get a pic together and an autograph. Thanks. Mean it.

Why the federal government is involved in this crap I will never know.

I wonder how much this ended up costing all of us taxpayers. Knowing the government, they probably spent 5x their planned budget.

should have never been brought to trial in the first place. we have plenty of real problems in this world instead of wasting tax money to see if bonds or clemens was lying.

Government gets involved because MLB is exempt from antitrust laws which would otherwise serve as regulation. Some PEDs are illegal, so it also becomes a matter of legality and public safety. I'm pretty sure we all think it's a criminal misuse of resources, but MLB is at fault for failing to police their own back yard.

Back