My Pipe Dream for Golf

ActionJackson8

KAHHHHHNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm sure I've said this once or twice before but for those that don't know I am an atheist, some say in spite of while other's say because of my career in Law Enforcement. This is relevant because I was forced to give up that profession temporarily among other things in my life, namely my fiance. Not to pour on the bad news but in 2004 I was given a scholarship for Water Polo as well as qualified for the US Olympic team, a lung illness caused me to give up both. Although that last sob story may not be recent it comes into play for my future plans. Since I gave up my scholarship I still have 4 years left of NCAA playability. Since I'm not working (well my family business is work but not in the traditional since) I plan to go back to school for my Masters degree this upcoming fall. I talked to the coach and the school I'm going to has a rather weak team, he said if I can shoot mid 80's consistently I'm on the team. That means I have 4 potential years of playing WHEN I decide to join. Dent know I've been seeing a pro recently and have gotten a lot better (hitting 1,000 balls a day) so I feel like this is a good chance to experience the young fun life I never had. (Went into law enforcement as a Cadet at 18, moved my fiance in just a 20 years old). It's probably a pipe dream but I'm willing to see where it takes me....it wouldn't have been an option if all the bad stuff did not happen first. My parents call it God, I call it pure mathematical chance, whatever it is.....I think I might like it.

The only downside is that with my new swing my coach has made some new equipment suggestions. Well......that's not really a bad thing is it :D Anyway I will be playing religiously (no pun intended) this Summer, my pro thinks if I can devote a month to solid putter practicing (I've been avoiding) it, that I will be in the single digits by June.

Wow sounds great AJ! I wish you the best of luck, and hope you make the team! What school are you looking at?

Wow sounds great AJ! I wish you the best of luck, and hope you make the team! What school are you looking at?

A few, mostly local Cal-States.

I'm going to be looking at school in California, and all through out the west coast, that's why I asked.

You'll probably go to bigger game than I am looking at, I am looking small and local because I do not want to move. Within driving distance from me is;

USC
UCLA
UC Irvine
CSU Fullerton
CSU Long Beach
CSU Dominguez
CSU Fullerton
Loyola Marymount

...Obviously some of those are good/big programs and Iw ould not have a shot, I'll probably go to Domnguez, it's between LA and Orange County (I live both places) and I have my best shot at making the team there. I was supposed to play Water Polo for UCLA or CSU Long Beach. I'll be going for my Masters in English so I have to consider that as well.

Being the club ho that I am I am more excited about my new bag, lmao.

You'll probably go to bigger game than I am looking at, I am looking small and local because I do not want to move. Within driving distance from me is;

USC
UCLA
UC Irvine
CSU Fullerton
CSU Long Beach
CSU Dominguez
CSU Fullerton
Loyola Marymount

...Obviously some of those are good/big programs and Iw ould not have a shot, I'll probably go to Domnguez, it's between LA and Orange County (I live both places) and I have my best shot at making the team there. I was supposed to play Water Polo for UCLA or CSU Long Beach. I'll be going for my Masters in English so I have to consider that as well.

Being the club ho that I am I am more excited about my new bag, lmao.

I loved it when the 2 pro's I saw in Arizona said I needed a new driver and fairway woods :D

But I'm actually looking hard into USC, UCLA, and Stanford in California.

My LA home is about 15 minutes from USC, so if you go there I'll help corrupt you :D

With my new'ish swing all of my shafts are to soft and to high launching.

My LA home is about 15 minutes from USC, so if you go there I'll help corrupt you :D

Sounds great! :D But I'm looking more into Stanford. Haha. I'm a bookworm kinda.

Sounds great! :D But I'm looking more into Stanford. Haha. I'm a bookworm kinda.

Stanford was my first choice too, but when it came to it I could not leave SoCal.

Stanford was my first choice too, but when it came to it I could not leave SoCal.

I'm coming from Alaska so I have no preference, but I have the grades for Stanford (4.0 GPA right now), I just need to get my golf game up to par (no pun intended)

This means I need golf clothes too :D I don't really have any.

This means I need golf clothes too :D I don't really have any.

Don't you get like a bag, and shirts and stuff playing for a team? Plus discounts on other gear?

Don't you get like a bag, and shirts and stuff playing for a team? Plus discounts on other gear?

Honestly I have no idea, still in the research phase but at least I know what clubs I want now hehe. and I won't feel wasteful since my brother and dad will be taking some of my current bag, and some of it I will keep as an alternate.

I PM'd you, don't want to go on a rant here lol.

AJ this is such a great idea! I applaud you for going for it. I hope you do try and experience it. You will regret it later in life if you don't.

AJ this is such a great idea! I applaud you for going for it. I hope you do try and experience it. You will regret it later in life if you don't.

Yeah I have the time and if I don't make it I'll at least be a better golfer by the end of it. I'm happy I have my 4 years of eligibility though.

You can do it man. I believe in you.

Go after it, man. From the sounds of it, you and I are the same age. I turned down my shot to play college sports, and I regret it so much. My clock is up on NCAA eligibility, so now I don't even have the option. It is just an opportunity that should not be passed up, you might end up regretting it as much as I do.

You don't get second chances very often.

Great idea, best of luck to you. I'm a CSUF grad myself, many years ago (back when they still had a football team ha ha). Before I attended my mother was Chair of the English Department, which was my major. Probably all of my professors are long gone now, but it was a good Department once upon a time.

Yeah I'm excited I never got to really be a kid so I'm looking forward to this, hopefully it will help me lighten up and not be so cynical.

One of the worst things in life is regret. Its something you can never change or get back. So go for it...grab life by the balls and RUN. I wish you all the best bro. Aim for the stars and reach that much further. And don't look back. Ever.

Back