What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys. Copperhead is a great course and always been a challenge for me. Today thanks to the tools that the Morgan Cup has allowed me to use, I tamed that beast. The Classic driver was working really well and the 588 wedges were just unreal.

Personal best for me today, baby!!!! Shot a +8 43 / -1 34 for a total of 77!!! Everything was working for me today - but especially my putting. Had 31 putts on the round, but only 4 3 putts, 7 1 putts, and a chip in. I can't describe how numb I was feeling on the back 9 after starting with three straight pars, bogeying my next two, and then going birdie (chip in), eagle (my first ever eagle), par, par to end the round. I only hope that this isn't an anomaly...but this was some of the best golf I've ever played. See you guys in the "best shot of the round" thread...

Dude, amazing round and congrats!

Thanks guys. Copperhead is a great course and always been a challenge for me. Today thanks to the tools that the Morgan Cup has allowed me to use, I tamed that beast. The Classic driver was working really well and the 588 wedges were just unreal.

Yes you did JB, great round.

Congrats JN and JB. Great shootin' fellas.

i def will, my short game has improved so much but i still don't always leave myself with great par looks everytime and thats were im getting some bogeys sneaking into my round. i should do a little experiment of my own and just go for center greens for a few rounds and see what my scores are.

An interesting stat that I see is that my GIR putting is in the high 2's. That shows my putting is really struggling and when I chip on I get better looks.

Been playing lights out as of late:

78, 77, 85 (My one poor round), 78, 76, 79, 78, 77.

looks like you are a very consistent scorer! im the same way i don't flux that much usually right around where you are. slowing working my scores down towards par.

looks like you are a very consistent scorer! im the same way i don't flux that much usually right around where you are. slowing working my scores down towards par.

Thanks BJ! Yeah, I've been playing lights out of late. Ball striking is finally coming around! I've been shooting around that 77 or 78 mark, and I seem to have 2 or 3 silly bogies (or the dreaded double) that seems to sneak in and ruin my round!

Thanks BJ! Yeah, I've been playing lights out of late. Ball striking is finally coming around! I've been shooting around that 77 or 78 mark, and I seem to have 2 or 3 silly bogies (or the dreaded double) that seems to sneak in and ruin my round!

they happen. keep up the good work man im waiting to have that round where i shoot or break par finally. i think its coming ive had more birdies in the last few rounds than i can ever remember having in a stretch before.

they happen. keep up the good work man im waiting to have that round where i shoot or break par finally. i think its coming ive had more birdies in the last few rounds than i can ever remember having in a stretch before.

Me too man! I've had some really good chances to do it over the last 2 weeks, but just can't seem to finish! We'll get there!

I shot an unusual 86 today (42/44). I was 2 over on the back coming into 15. I hit my second near the green just in the rough. I have about 25' to the pin. I am waiting my turn and one of my playing partners is relieving himself near my ball. He didn't see the ball, but I won't play it, because I would have to stand in his mess. The group discusses the situation an make me take an unplayable lie, with penalty. I have to drop near a bush that gives me no good shot. I have to chip backwards into the fairway. I then pitch on and 2 putt. Triple. I go to the next tee mad and hit it ob and double. I calm down and bogey 17 and par 18. Very frustrating. At least I beat him. What are your thoughts on the ruling?

That is a piss poor ruling in my mind. I guess if your ball was not in his "mess" standing (making) water would not be a factor.

Congrats Clay! Sounds like you got that game on auto control. We are going to have to get you and JT723 together and watch the young guns play some awesome golf.

I struck the ball pretty well yesterday however with a triple and a couple of doubles, I ended up with an 86 . KellyBo and I shot the exact same score but different ways :D. I had 44 + 42 and she had 39 + 47. KellyBo almost had three birdies in a row on the front nine. Missed the one on #2 hole after burning the edge. She got tired on the back nine with some back issues.

Got a quick 9 in today in 20+ winds, and shot a pedestrian 41. Hit 7/7 fairways, but only 4/9 greens, and 16 putts, so you can see where my troubles were.

Congrats Clay! Sounds like you got that game on auto control. We are going to have to get you and JT723 together and watch the young guns play some awesome golf.

I struck the ball pretty well yesterday however with a triple and a couple of doubles, I ended up with an 86 . KellyBo and I shot the exact same score but different ways :D. I had 44 + 42 and she had 39 + 47. KellyBo almost had three birdies in a row on the front nine. Missed the one on #2 hole after burning the edge. She got tired on the back nine with some back issues.

Were you partners? It looks like she got tired carrying you on the front. Just kidding OG.:dohanim: Btw, I only say that because Mrs. LargePhil has carried my big behind most of our married life.

Last edited:
Bad 93. No tee game at all today no matter the club. I had the rights with my irons too.

Today could have been a super day but a few misses hurt me. I shot a 76, which I'll take, but I had two balls in the water, two three putts, and to top it off I missed a 5 foot eagle putt on the last. I hit 13/18 greens today and had a pitiful 36 putts. I've been struggling with the putter as of late. I'm starting them on line but my speed isn't close. Overall pretty good day, but there are always the could of should of's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I shot a 97 today.
My goal is to break 90 by the end of the summer. My last 5 rounds are 102, 101, 99,101,and a 97. Hopefully I can slowly chip away at 90 and get there.

I shot a 97 today.
My goal is to break 90 by the end of the summer. My last 5 rounds are 102, 101, 99,101,and a 97. Hopefully I can slowly chip away at 90 and get there.

Going in the right direction. Looks like you'll have no problem getting there

Walked, it is getting summer time out there, mostly blue tees (70.2/133) but did move all the way back to the back tees four holes.
I had 30 putts, 10 fairways, 10 greens, three bogies, 15 pars, 75 (39. 36)

+9/+6 85
2 fir
4 gir
32 putts
7 pars
8 singles
2 doubles
1 triple
today was just brutal
first few holes were army golf style... just spraying the ball every where
then for a few holes i got the shanks
corrected it for a bit then the big fat pull hooks took over
only had a couple of great shots and the others were pffffft

shot a 41 in league on monday (white tees). I was satisfied with it because I hurt my right foot lifting weights on friday, couldn't put weight on it on sunday, could barely put weight on it on monday. I couldn't hit anything but a week hook with my driver and 3 wood so a 41 was really all I could do. Putted well.

Today I went out, felt better and was able to play 27. shot 44 (whites), 40 (blues), 37 (whites).

I can't say I wasn't satisfied, but my game still isn't what I want to be. I don't hit enough greens, I can't get the ball high in the air with my driver, I don't feel like I hit the ball high enough with any of my clubs, really. If I continue to play like this I'm gonna get whooped in the club championship next month, but that's what practice is for, right.

Nice bunch of rounds there, clay!

Walked, it is getting summer time out there, mostly blue tees (70.2/133) but did move all the way back to the back tees four holes.
I had 30 putts, 10 fairways, 10 greens, three bogies, 15 pars, 75 (39. 36)

Great round now you need to roll in a few birdie putts and youre sitting really pretty.

First sub 80 of the season!!!
Teed off @ 6.30am and finished the round in 3 hours walking.
Shot a 78 (41/37). Course rating 69.5/131 @ 6112 yards.
Two doubles on the front offset by 2 birdies on the back.

Played for the first time in 10 days. Shot 79 (43/36) on a par 73 (36/37). Front nine was rough. Started out with a double on 1 and a bogey on 2. Turned it around to shoot 1 under on the back. I'm ok with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back