What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the Bridgetone E6 & Srixon Q-Star. Liked them both. I liked the feel better on the E6 a little better but love the bright white finish on the Q-Star.

Slazenger Raw something....I am at a point where I can't tell ball difference anymore unless it's a total dud. :(

Yes it came back that I needed the B330-RX

Yes it came back that I needed the B330-RX

I've got a few regular playing partners who REALLY enjoy the RX. Quality driver distance and loads of feel.

I'm not exactly huge on the new dual dimple design, but if you look hard enough I bet you can find the 2011 model for a very reasonable price.

I want something a little more forgiving on the driver but not a rock that will roll forever.

I want something a little more forgiving on the driver but not a rock that will roll forever.

The Bridgestone e6 compresses quite a bit more than others.. Designed to have more of the ball contact the face to reduce sidespin, if I understand it correctly..

aaaand it's cheaper than the B330 series, so that's a plus. Have you tried them?

No I havent. Going to pick up a sleeve saturday at the local pro shop

2012 NXT Tour, gamed it the last few rounds after recieving 2 packs of 2 from Titliest , 2 NXT Tour and 2 NXT Tour S balls. Really like the distance and feel of the new tour off all the clubs, from the driver down to the putter. Don't have the regular fade as much with these as I do with the Pro V1x , but the distance is very good, in fact I had my longest drive with one last week , 287 on the Sky Caddie , in fairly dry conditions , but it was dead center down the fairway. I am really thinking that with the exception of the stop on a dime spin the Pro V1x has over the NXT Tour, the Tour will be making it's way into the bag as the #1 ball I play

Had a sleeve of Callaway HX Bite balls that were given to me at a tournament, I actually liked them a lot. They are a good low cost alternative to a premium ball when playing a less than stellar course. Very good distance and enough spin to keep the ball on some pretty hard greens. I think Callaway has discontinued this line but it is a solid low cost offering IMO.

These were the ones in the green box? I got several dozen a few years ago clearance for $10/dozen... They were pretty solid. Compare similar to the Gamer series with more green stopping spin...

Hoping to take the E6 and RX out for a head to head comparision this weekend. Looking to replace the penta

These were the ones in the green box? I got several dozen a few years ago clearance for $10/dozen... They were pretty solid. Compare similar to the Gamer series with more green stopping spin...

My girlfriend got me a dozen of them for christmas this past year after she tried to find the GamerV2 which was my normal ball last season. Very much enjoyed the Callaway balls. Felt much softer of the putter then the Gamers which I liked. But since they have been discontinued I have been looking for a similar mid priced ball.

TM TP5. I am really liking the control on distance and left to right spin. Very nice ball. My confidence with this improves every round that this ball is in play.

Does anyone else miss the Nike One Tour or Black? I used to love that ball an last I saw them was last year when the One Tour was two dozen for $30

Tapa Slice

lost 5 balls today
tm penta tp5
titleist nxt
bs e5
bs treosoft
bs e7
finished with a callaway diablo

Titleist dt solo yellow. Good ball..great price.

Callaway Tour iZ, same old boring ball flight,performance that I expect from it, I keep on buying it cause I get two dozen at a time for $24

prov1x... todays round was crazy and the ball i played must have been magic

Wilson Staff FG Tour again, and will be for quite a while I think. I played with my neighbor today, and turned him onto them. He wanted to order and split a case of them at the blemish price. He's a ProV1 player, and really had some nice things to say about the FG Tour in comparison to the ProV1. It seems that every other round or so I get something out of that ball that just amazes me whether it's a ridiculously long drive, or a pitch that sticks like a yard-dart. That ball and it's current price point for the blems has made me stash away my B330-s supply until these aren't available any longer.

titleist dt solo
love this ball
hit some great shots with it today
great off the tee and also off the putter... even tho my putter was ice cold today

Srixon Q-Star. Really like it. Great budget conscious ball, and love the bright white

titleist dt solo
love this ball
hit some great shots with it today
great off the tee and also off the putter... even tho my putter was ice cold today

Dang b_r, you have 9,802 posts and i swear 9,799 of them are in this thread. You must have lots of balls.

Hoping to take the E6 and RX out for a head to head comparision this weekend. Looking to replace the penta

Franklin, I've been playing the Penta but bought some of the E6's to play yesterday. I really enjoyed playing the ball overall. I've been working on some swing changes, but I definitely felt like the ball was straight and that it helped to control some of the side spin.

The course was pretty wet, so I didn't really get a good fee for chipping around the greens. What I do remember is they felt harder that the Penta, but that the shots reacted pretty much the same around the greens for me.

I was also happy with the feel of putting with the E6 coming off my TM Corza.

Keen to find out what you think after playing it.

Dang b_r, you have 9,802 posts and i swear 9,799 of them are in this thread. You must have lots of balls.
hahaha... i work at a golf course so if there is a ball out there... ive probably found it and hit it

Callaway Tour iZ, same old boring ball flight,performance that I expect from it, I keep on buying it cause I get two dozen at a time for $24

Love this ball. I bought 100 blems for $65 and it was the best money I've ever spent on balls. These are so long off the tee. So long. It has enough touch around the greens to stop the ball near where I want it.. It's a great ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back