What Kind Of Car Do You Drive Thread

This could be changing soon. My wife put her Beetle up for sale last night. The plans are to put the money towards a new neighborhood cruiser/work/hunting rig... A Polaris Ranger.

I like it. We have a side by side in the plans for this year, too. Pondering a Polaris or John Deere.

I like it. We have a side by side in the plans for this year, too. Pondering a Polaris or John Deere.

John Deere is making some good looking side by sides these days. We were really planning on waiting another year or so till we got a side by side, but we saw the Orange Madness LE in person at the dealership and we were sold right then and there.

Doug, whatever you get, make sure it's got room to haul out a load of big gobblers next spring!

I haven't done a lot of in depth research yet, but I like the Orange Madness as well. My only issue with Polaris is lack of dealership around the farm. Nothing in Marshall and Yeager's in Sedalia is the closest. I had a couple bad experiences with them in the past and would prefer to never deal with them again. But the bigger issue is we have never been John Deere people. lol. Every piece of equipment we have ever bought has been red and convincing my father to go green won't be easy. :)

Yeah, I had to drag a deer entirely too far last fall, which is one thing that has prompted this ponder/purchase. lol

328xi coming out this fall!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, new car isn't happening this fall with the move into the new place. More like 2013/2014.

Ary is smarter than that.:alien:

I will be asking your advice at some point about reliability of cars when I get closer to purchasing a new one. In terms of entry-level luxury cars, I actually much prefer the looks of the Audi A4 to the BMW 3-series, but haven't driven either one.

On another note, my rental car at the Outing was the Kia Optima, I actually really liked it. The only issue is that I may go for all-wheel drive with my next car given the weather up here, which limits my options as the Kia doesn't have that, and I don't think that Hyundai has it on the Sonata either.

I haven't done a lot of in depth research yet, but I like the Orange Madness as well. My only issue with Polaris is lack of dealership around the farm. Nothing in Marshall and Yeager's in Sedalia is the closest. I had a couple bad experiences with them in the past and would prefer to never deal with them again. But the bigger issue is we have never been John Deere people. lol. Every piece of equipment we have ever bought has been red and convincing my father to go green won't be easy. :)

Yeah, I had to drag a deer entirely too far last fall, which is one thing that has prompted this ponder/purchase. lol

By red, are you talking Case IH or Massey? I've always been a fan of red too... as in Honda ATV's. The Big Red side by side is nice, but it's a bit too big and too slow for what we want. The dealerships are a problem for us as well. The nearest good Deere places are around an hour away and I haven't been terribly impressed by them. There is a Polaris dealer 15 miles away, but I'm not impressed with them either. The dealer we are leaning towards is almost 2 hours away, but they are super nice and their service department has a great reputation. At least I can always pick up some parts and such at the nearby dealer.

If you are dragging those big bodied, MO deer very far, then you definitely need a side by side or something of that nature!

Yeah, new car isn't happening this fall with the move into the new place. More like 2013/2014.

I will be asking your advice at some point about reliability of cars when I get closer to purchasing a new one. In terms of entry-level luxury cars, I actually much prefer the looks of the Audi A4 to the BMW 3-series, but haven't driven either one.

On another note, my rental car at the Outing was the Kia Optima, I actually really liked it. The only issue is that I may go for all-wheel drive with my next car given the weather up here, which limits my options as the Kia doesn't have that, and I don't think that Hyundai has it on the Sonata either.

No prob. Good luck on the move.

There should be some great deals when you're ready since its a new hot product and the cooling period will take place.

By red, are you talking Case IH or Massey? I've always been a fan of red too... as in Honda ATV's. The Big Red side by side is nice, but it's a bit too big and too slow for what we want. The dealerships are a problem for us as well. The nearest good Deere places are around an hour away and I haven't been terribly impressed by them. There is a Polaris dealer 15 miles away, but I'm not impressed with them either. The dealer we are leaning towards is almost 2 hours away, but they are super nice and their service department has a great reputation. At least I can always pick up some parts and such at the nearby dealer.

If you are dragging those big bodied, MO deer very far, then you definitely need a side by side or something of that nature!

Case IH. And International and Farmall before that (years ago, of course).

Well, the one we get will actually have 'some' farm duties but, yeah, its main purpose will be hunting/fishing. lol

I had a Polaris Ranger Razr for a while and it was ridiculously awesome. As my experience with everything Polaris, however, i was always working on it.

Wish Honda made a better side-by-side.

I've had a few over the last 2 or 3 years including,

My old Subaru Impreza WRX STI - 370bhp/410lbs/ft Torque

DSCF0932.jpg

DSCF0926.jpg

My last car - Vauxhall Vectra VRX - 310bhp/400lbs/ft Torque

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

My current motor

Vauxhall Insignia 2.0T - 305bhp/370lbs/ft Torque

IMG_1020-1.jpg

IMG_1018-1.jpg

I had a 91 Nissan pickup when I started driving, and eventually it just let go at near 300k miles, then I had a Grand Cherokee for a while, which I really liked, but traded for something I've wanted a looong time. I finally bought a Mustang. I looked for just the right one for about 6 months, and on Memorial Day weekend, 2010, my dad and I flew out to Dallas, and drove this one home. I love it. In fact, I love it so much that when it was totaled after someone turned left in front of me Valentine's Day 2011, I had them repair it (also because her insurance was trying to screw me over). I think this one's going to stay with me for a long while, and I've got some great plans for it.

The morning we finally got home after 26 hours in planes and on the road.

30172_398186245285_4109763_n.jpg

Valentines Day 2011....and I'd just spent the entire day washing and waxing the car too!

250775_10150186783240286_5608124_n.jpg

After the repairs as she sits now.

424333_10150576267280286_1303271255_n.jpg

424333_10150576267290286_1994584120_n.jpg

GolferMahn....check out stage3motorsports or american muscle...they have just about anything/all you could need for your car. also, if you're interested i have a pair of deep dish 18x9 black w/ aluminum lip rims for sale...

Thats the Sportline model. The M Sport is being built in July. Couldnt wait that long. I may put on the M Sport body kit down the road.

Which M5 do u have?

1991 E34. The last of the hand-built M's. Torn apart right now bc I put in new belts, the whole cooling system re-done, etc and now I don't have time to put it back together haha.

2012 Kia Optima SX. Great price. Great performance. Exceptional value and if it didn't say "KIA" on the badging, people would pay double than what it's going for. Did I mention it has 274 horses and gets 35 on the highway?? :)

well, my dad has a 94 ranger that just keeps on goin and goin and goin and goin and (i could go on forever)... he also has a '70 barracuda, midnight blue, almost completely stock (changed the original 383 to a 340, then back to a different 383). aswell as a '67 cougar, and had a '72 Jaguar. his first car was a '70 boss 429 mustang.
as for me (i don't have it yet, still need to change the title to my name), '86 corolla baby X) haha it's so small, but for now, it'll work.

GolferMahn....check out stage3motorsports or american muscle...they have just about anything/all you could need for your car. also, if you're interested i have a pair of deep dish 18x9 black w/ aluminum lip rims for sale...

I have just about sold my soul to american muscle! lol - In fact, I had parts from them waiting on my doorstep the Tuesday after I bought the car!

Send me some details about the wheels, I've got a friend that may be interested in them.

1991 E34. The last of the hand-built M's. Torn apart right now bc I put in new belts, the whole cooling system re-done, etc and now I don't have time to put it back together haha.

Thats awesome! Id like to have a project car like that to autox. Let me know if u need info on any Beemer stuff!

2012 Kia Optima SX. Great price. Great performance. Exceptional value and if it didn't say "KIA" on the badging, people would pay double than what it's going for. Did I mention it has 274 horses and gets 35 on the highway?? :)

So under-rated. Love how the car handles well too compared to other mid-sized sedans to work with the power, yet the ride is great for long distances. Spent 9 hours in one in Florida last year, not a single complaint about the seats, seating position, leg room, etc. Just a great car.

So under-rated. Love how the car handles well too compared to other mid-sized sedans to work with the power, yet the ride is great for long distances. Spent 9 hours in one in Florida last year, not a single complaint about the seats, seating position, leg room, etc. Just a great car.

Ary had that as a rental car during the outing and its a damn sexy car. It rode well too!

Ary had that as a rental car during the outing and its a damn sexy car. It rode well too!

I arrived in Orlando later in the day, my girlfriend and her parents arrived earlier in the day and I had only seen the Optima in pictures. I didn't expect it to look THAT good though. The interior IMO blows everything else in the segment out of the water when it comes to having a good mix of quality and layout.

I've had way to many for my age...

Volvo 960
2000 Camaro v6
1994 Camaro z28
2000 Mustang GT
1998 Kia Sephia - I got this when my grandfather past away, let me tell you, KIA has come a long way. That car was terrifying to drive.
1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Edition
2000 Camaro SS
2004 Jetta GLI - I rebuilt this car, it was a salvage and I fixed it
2004 Golf R32 - currently own this car but I am trying to sell it

I arrived in Orlando later in the day, my girlfriend and her parents arrived earlier in the day and I had only seen the Optima in pictures. I didn't expect it to look THAT good though. The interior IMO blows everything else in the segment out of the water when it comes to having a good mix of quality and layout.

I tell everyone about my "baby". I've never had so many people turn their head and stair at the car (I know it ain't at me!). "if you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up"

I tell everyone about my "baby". I've never had so many people turn their head and stair at the car (I know it ain't at me!). "if you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up"

That is a classic quote Ferris, well played.

We have a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic, and a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Back