Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookie has the iron heads in his custom KBS shafts, they were decent enough to hit and from what I have read and heard they are on the tops of most components list, but to me they just didnt match up to any of the OEM irons that I hit at demo day (including Macgregor).

Not meant in a bad way since I attained and installed the 979SS heads on those shafts but those iron heads are the lower rungs of what's available, so I can see you saying that.

It also doesn't help that cookies lengths are all off on those! hehehe

Seriously though, the likes of the 870ti's, 560MC's, 555's and do on are on another plane than those, legitimately....but so is the price. They really do stand on their own with the big's. Its a shame they aren't more accessible for people to see that.

You have an affiliation with Nike? :bashful: i kid, i kid. I've never tried Wishon wedges, and they would be much cheaper than SCOR's and ATV's. I have the cash now, but it's hard for me to justify spending more on 3 wedges than all my irons, perhaps I'm being crazy though.

I swung it in the store, but really prefer to test wedges on real grass. The ATV's might be the ticket though. I hate their looks, and am not much of a TM fan in general. I'm waiting to hear some more feedback on them on here before I think too much about them.

I really wish there was a TMAG demo day around here, but alas there is not.

That's understandable, well here are some pictures just in case. . .They are so amazing in real life!

7367468722_c7361ba078_m.jpg

7182235701_c06d7cd286_m.jpg

7182235935_770008d1f4_m.jpg

Spoiler
7410910680_d0bfe87a05_m.jpg

JMAN's sugar mama makes too much money and now he's going all fancy on us... LL Driver, Black Tie shaft, Devotion shaft, he'll be bagging Wishon soon, and already in the talks of an even mo' sicka putter collection...

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Ha! I wish. We're YEARS out from that still. Four to be precise.

I sold off many of my beloved custom putters I've collected for years now to swing all of this. It wasn't handed over by the wifey.

That's going to be cool, the only thing you should be scared of is the price of a completely fitted set haha

Eh, no commitment to buy anything. More than likely I'll get what I have already and do some shaft swapping. Highly doubt I'll completely redo the bag.

I need to try a center shafted putter. Scotty GoLo S? Hrmmmm

Not meant in a bad way since I attained and installed the 979SS heads on those shafts but those iron heads are the lower rungs of what's available, so I can see you saying that.

It also doesn't help that cookies lengths are all off on those! hehehe

Seriously though, the likes of the 870ti's, 560MC's, 555's and do on are on another plane than those, legitimately....but so is the price. They really do stand on their own with the big's. Its a shame they aren't more accessible for people to see that.
And I must say, the craftsmanship was top notch! After Cookie got those, I started reading up on Component clubs and what not, and from what I have read, Wishon has a HUGE following and people that swear by the brand. Unfortunately, most will never have the opportunity to hit them.

Eh, no commitment to buy anything. More than likely I'll get what I have already and do some shaft swapping. Highly doubt I'll completely redo the bag.

that will be way cheaper too

And I must say, the craftsmanship was top notch! After Cookie got those, I started reading up on Component clubs and what not, and from what I have read, Wishon has a HUGE following and people that swear by the brand. Unfortunately, most will never have the opportunity to hit them.

Yup, it sucks. Its a chore to get them unless you know someone....which luckily I do....and so does RPR lol.

The 949 fairway is legitimately longer than the RBZ in the same loft and shaft was, so good. Hell, had I not gotten the deal on the Mashie I'd have just gotten a lower lofted one of those.

Its just a shame they are so hard to find and hit, especially with the R&D they put in IMO.

Well, they really are only for serious golfers. You know, like me. :alien:

Yup, it sucks. Its a chore to get them unless you know someone....which luckily I do....and so does RPR lol.

The 949 fairway is legitimately longer than the RBZ in the same loft and shaft was, so good. Hell, had I not gotten the deal on the Mashie I'd have just gotten a lower lofted one of those.

Its just a shame they are so hard to find and hit, especially with the R&D they put in IMO.
Agreed, it was one of the more frustrating aspects of Wishon to be honest. It was annoying as hell that I had to basically buy them to try them. Still do, but now I don't have to rely on others to do so. I have a set of the 870ti's and the 560's but I am saving the 560's for when I am more consistent, but they are beautiful. The 870's are as good as any other GI/SGI club out there. I am in love with the 949MC right now, it is LONG. The 919thi is a bomber and as good as any other driver out there. Perkins Rooster has the 775 hybos and has nothing but good things to say about them.

Well, they really are only for serious golfers. You know, like me. :alien:
Not knocking your sticks dude, but watching you hit them, then hit my J40s...:bulgy-eyes:

I need to try a center shafted putter. Scotty GoLo S? Hrmmmm

I've got a Lajosi sitting here until August if you would like to give it try.

--
Tapatalk2

Another vote for SeeMore here...their CS putters are second to none IMO.

--
Tapatalk2

JRod, say yes. The LPS1 is very nice IMO....in fact I have one sitting over there looking at me. My first full custom.

--
Tapatalk2
If it's the one I rolled back in December, it is quite a nice flatstick. First putt I ever rolled with that putter was a bout a 30 footer on the practice green...drained!

Another vote for SeeMore here...their CS putters are second to none IMO.
3rd.

Honestly, you owe it to yourself to give SeeMore a try. I've yet to find someone on here that hasn't at least gleaned something from trying one out. Whether it be alignment, RST, their feel, etc...

That's understandable, well here are some pictures just in case. . .They are so amazing in real life!

7367468722_c7361ba078_m.jpg

7182235701_c06d7cd286_m.jpg

7182235935_770008d1f4_m.jpg

Spoiler
7410910680_d0bfe87a05_m.jpg

I'm really enjoying the ATV wedges but I've never had any club (including my Top Flite XL7000 set) get so beat looking so quickly. I mean the sole on these looks absolutely MAULED already!

I hawkponder a mallet putter. Probably with an insert. Since going back to my Si3 lately, I realize how much I miss an insert. I loved all the mallets I rolled at Golfsmith. My favorite was the Nome but that's too expensive. My favorite insert by far was Taylormade's Pure Roll. I loved the Manta. Maybe I'll look for a cheap used Spider or something.

If it's the one I rolled back in December, it is quite a nice flatstick. First putt I ever rolled with that putter was a bout a 30 footer on the practice green...drained!

Tis indeed. The look on your face was priceless.

--
Tapatalk2

I am pondering running back to Walmart and buying them out of the TaylorMade Penta TP5's they have. They have them $10 cheaper than anywhere else. $33.95 a dozen.

--
Tapatalk2

JRod, say yes. The LPS1 is very nice IMO....in fact I have one sitting over there looking at me. My first full custom.

That's pretty awesome of you bro and I really appreciate the offer but knowing my luck I would end up dinging it, scratching it, etc. and that would make me feel terrible. I REALLY appreciate the offer though, it means a lot to me.

I'm really enjoying the ATV wedges but I've never had any club (including my Top Flite XL7000 set) get so beat looking so quickly. I mean the sole on these looks absolutely MAULED already!

Care to take a pic of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back