THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you all like the course. It's one that I'm pretty excited to try out.
Sweet! I've heard nothing but great things about that course, not too expensive and the company will be awesome! I'm going to try my darnedest to do both Sat and Sun.

ddxu / Hawk - anyone else with some experience: best options for flying in from DFW? Likely coming in on Friday afternoon/evening and leaving Sunday late afternoon/evening. Low airfare is important.

American flies to Des Moines airport direct. They also fly direct to the Quad Cities and I could cart you over to DM. SW will be flying to DM as well, but not until after the event is past.

Another option would be to fly to KC or Omaha and hitch a ride from there.

ddxu / Hawk - anyone else with some experience: best options for flying in from DFW? Likely coming in on Friday afternoon/evening and leaving Sunday late afternoon/evening. Low airfare is important.

Best option: fly into NC or Atl instead. :D

Only if you hoof his 50lb staff bag, Damaikis.

American flies to Des Moines airport direct. They also fly direct to the Quad Cities and I could cart you over to DM. SW will be flying to DM as well, but not until after the event is past.

Another option would be to fly to KC or Omaha and hitch a ride from there.

Thanks bud, will price these options and see what THP'ers can do to hook me up with rides, etc.

They look high right now to me. I think you could find something cheaper at a later point to be honest. SW flies to KC I think.

Best option: fly into NC or Atl instead. :D

Ha, I know those will both be amazing events as well but have to plan around the weekends when I don't have my kiddos with me.

Thanks bud, will price these options and see what THP'ers can do to hook me up with rides, etc.
Yea, I looked Cookie, about $342 for direct. I'm weighing my options..........

This looks like a great course! Prices are good as well.

Cookie, just fly to Sioux Falls and ride with me. We'll jam Ice Ice Baby on repeat the entire way.

They look high right now to me. I think you could find something cheaper at a later point to be honest. SW flies to KC I think.

Looking at about $340 round trip right now either to DSM or Quad Cities. I doubt KC would work because I am guessing that most KC'ers are going to the STL stop. Not to mention, that SWA flight is $480.

Will just have to keep an eye on it and see if prices drop.

Back from a long couple weeks travel and see this post. Looks like a road trip back home to KC and then on to Iowa.

Last edited:
Great looking course, look at all that water, lol. Long way off, but hope to take off Friday to get up there a bit early.

They surely have a Hooters there?

Jake - you guys even have airports up there? LOL

I need to see if my mom has some miles she needs to give away!

Looking at about $340 round trip right now either to DSM or Quad Cities. I doubt KC would work because I am guessing that most KC'ers are going to the STL stop. Not to mention, that SWA flight is $480.

Actually several KC people are coming to iowa, also check Omaha, they have Southwest among others and several of us are heading through there.

It's a great course. The par 3s will rip your guts out and laugh at you. Many of the other holes will join in on the fun if your game isn't tidy that day. Memo to self--go buy golf balls to donate to the golf course goblins. In Iowa they are rumored to look a lot like Gollum from the Lord of the Rings and if you listen closely you can hear them saying "My precious" as they grab your golf balls and disappear into the timber or the water.

Ouch!!! Looks like I will be carding my self down.. No ride offers here AND I can sing ALL of ice ice baby.

Dude that course looks awesome!

Yeah we got a small one. LoL. I usually just drive to Denver and fly from there when we go anywhere.

Des Moines is only 3 hours away from me, I might have to try and check this event out and meet some of you.

Back from a long couple weeks travel and see this post. Looks like a road trip back home to KC and then on to Iowa.

Great news. Would love to have you join us!

I'd think you could find something lower than that, but I don't know. Miles begging is a great plan!

It's a great course. The par 3s will rip your guts out and laugh at you. Many of the other holes will join in on the fun if your game isn't tidy that day. Memo to self--go buy golf balls to donate to the golf course goblins. In Iowa they are rumored to look a lot like Gollum from the Lord of the Rings and if you listen closely you can hear them saying "My precious" as they grab your golf balls and disappear into the timber or the water.

That's good info, sort of lol.

Look slike a great course. I am going to do my best to make this happen!

Des Moines is only 3 hours away from me, I might have to try and check this event out and meet some of you.

Please do! I think my drive will be about the same +/- 30 minutes.

I know I am and Smalls are going to Des Moines. Airport is on my way to DM. DM is actually closer than St Louis, that and I try to avoid the M state:devil:

Actually several KC people are coming to iowa, also check Omaha, they have Southwest among others and several of us are heading through there.

Thanks buddy - will keep that in mind. Looking like $430 or so using Omaha so direct into DSM would be the best option me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back