I'm at a loss of words...

Very sad that this kids would behave this way, but things like this seem to happening more and more. I have more 17 year old kids on adult probation than I have ever had before. The offenses range from DUI to possession of marijuana and disorderly conduct. Use to be the only charge I saw with young people was the occasional shoplifting. I have almost as much trouble out of the parents of these kids as I do the kids. Again, it is a sad reflection on where our society is heading (IMHO).

I am so sick of seeing kids behave this way. I hope each one of these kids parents are ashamed to show their face in public. I lose more and more faith in humanity and the direction of our nation day by day.

The fundraising page is up over $200k. The new goal is to help her retire and be able to take a vacation. This has all been raised since yesterday morning. Shows how many people are sick of bullying.

The fundraising page is up over $200k. The new goal is to help her retire and be able to take a vacation. This has all been raised since yesterday morning. Shows how many people are sick of bullying.

That's crazy I hope she goes on a cruise or something!

I don't have a lot to say, that hasn't already been said... but.

Kids suck and I think parents these days are enabling their kids. It goes back to the graduation speech that got a lot of flack this spring. I thought it was a GREAT speech!

Jump to 2:15 to get the general drift.

I have 2 different friends that teach in the Greece school district. I'm not sure which school this one was from because there are at least 4 High Schools in that district. They often talk about the lack of respect they get and how kids are just completely different now than they were when we were younger. Now I know I was a brat at times but I would have never, ever said the things these kids are saying. Its so reprehensible it's down right disgusting. I'm not sure where the hell society went wrong, but it sure did when you see things like this. I used to think about going in to teaching, but when I see stuff like this I'm glad I didn't.

I have 2 different friends that teach in the Greece school district. I'm not sure which school this one was from because there are at least 4 High Schools in that district. They often talk about the lack of respect they get and how kids are just completely different now than they were when we were younger. Now I know I was a brat at times but I would have never, ever said the things these kids are saying. Its so reprehensible it's down right disgusting. I'm not sure where the hell society went wrong, but it sure did when you see things like this. I used to think about going in to teaching, but when I see stuff like this I'm glad I didn't.

Makes me glad I changed my major my junior year and got out of the teacher track.

Little pukes!

Makes me glad I changed my major my junior year and got out of the teacher track.

you've heard it from Chrystal and Val. It's awful

I will admit, I have fired back at a teacher before. Sometimes I just snap. So I am no saint, but this would never be abided. God help them if they ever get what they deserve.

A lot of the things on my mind here I'm going to keep to myself as this is not yet moved to the DR.

The saddest part of it is, when the parents are notified, they'll actually side WITH THE KIDS. They bury their heads in the sand and claim "my kid would never do that...he doesn't act like that at home." Learning respect is one thing, but kids also need to learn ACCOUNTABILITY.

With no discipline or accountability for their actions, they grow up feeling invincible and feel they can do whatever the hell they want.

A teacher I had in high school posted this pic to her Facebook a while back...same concept of no accountability..

a.aaa-Explain-these-bad-grades.jpg

Now that I have two kids and hearing my coworkers & friends saying they have to help their kids with their home, I understand the humor in this cartoon. I chuckle at that cartoon because not only has the child done bad, but so has the parent(s). Big problem I have these days is how involved parents have to be with doing a child's homework and at an early age also. Growing up, my homework was my work. My grades were a reflection of my accomplishments. Yes, I would ask my parents if I got stuck on something, but the rest was my work.

Our society has definitely changed on how we raise our kids. My brother in law who a psychologist in child development and provides a course on why the 2009 side of the cartoon is so true. After my 2nd child was born, my brother in law had asked me to read this one book out of all the books he has tried to get me to read, Nuture Shock (http://www.amazon.com/NurtureShock-New-Thinking-About-Children/dp/0446504122) I was skeptical at first, but the more I read I started to realize this is what is wrong with how parents are raising their kids. I'll summarize a bit but Chapter 1 has to do with praising our children and how our children are "praise junkies". Our kids have difficulty accomplishing or doing things if they don't hear us praise them. The author has admitted to catching himself feeding his "praise junkie" with the praise "Good job". Who hasn't said that their child :act-up:After this first chapter, I thought I had ruined my child for life. I had trouble continuing the book because I didn't want to find out what type of parenting path I was taking. The "good job" praise came from parenting advise from a good friend who read a book about praising how it benefits your child. So that's what I did with our 1st born. I have corrected myself on how I praise now.

I really hate giving/receivinig parenting advise because it's so personal how one should raise their child(ren). When I do give parenting advice or when people are talking about parenting books, I only tell them to read "Nuture Shock". I don't tell them what it's about because they will never read it, oopps. I recommended the book to a friend and she asked what it was about. She immediately said it was not for her and she said she doesn't agree with it. I can see her being the parent on the right in the cartoon.

If I were the school district, this is what I would make mandatory for the parents to read. "Nuture Shock - Chapter 3". I hate to say it, but read it just so you can get insight for yourself. It seems everyone here is on the same page about what was wrong with the Karen Klein story and the cartoon, but the book will help give more insight and to help educate these poor parents who have these kids.

This is unreal! I used to live in Rochester and you would expect something like this from the city kids but not Greece. These kids are very lucky I'm not their parent because they wouldn't want to know what would happen to them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Parents should be allowed to spank their children. My father did it to me growing up, never did whatever it was again. Kids are too protected these days, even from their own parents.

I'm not going to comment on the actual video, it would go on for days.

This is nuts what the hell was the driver doing to stop this. I only watched about 2 mins and couldn't watch anymore, that poor woman is only trying to do her job.

My mouth was open for the entire video..I can't believe this.

I'm with you dhkelly... What was the driver doing during all this? Of course, the driver may be powerless as well.

One of my bro-in-laws drives a school bus - he told me he got in trouble for pulling the bus over to stop a fight (kids bullying smaller kid). He was like " that crap isn't happening on my bus". He was told to drive the bus - period.

Man....I'll let 12 year old kids make fun of me for 10 minutes for 225K!! Nice!

Actually I looked a few minutes ago and it was up over $300k.

The Reddit community (with the help of others) has raised over $300,000 for this woman.

When the worst of people comes out, the best also shines through.

I haven't watched the video. But I have read the article. As awful as these ids appear, kids can be awful. I will venture a bet that in 5 years each and everyone of these kids will be embarrassed by themselves.

If I was judged by all of the ignorant crap I have said to people in my past, I would be in trouble.

I have actually apologzed in person to the people I used to be awful to. It is a humbling experience.

Its a shame, I am sure most of us have been guilty of making fun of or bullying someone even it was minor or being the victim of bullying. I am sure every generation says this but I feel like kids don't get disciplined like they use to. I am only 25 but I got whipped if I acted like an ass, my parents grounded me plenty of times and stuck with it for acting out. I think it worked, I generally don't treat people like crap. :act-up:

I have actually apologzed in person to the people I used to be awful to. It is a humbling experience.

Yes it is dude yes it is. Thank God I didn't always get what I deserved.

I kind of feeling like as time has passed, the intensity of bullying has increased but so has the reaction to it.

Back