Odyssey Putters 2012

My DART head cover sucks as well. Chased it down twice in one day and couldn't find it the 3rd but luckily someone turned it in the next day. I make sure it's on tight and all the way down now so the weight rests on the head cover.

I played in a scramble Monday where we finished -10. The other 3 couldn't stop commenting about how well I was putting. Now, that's easy in a scramble when the reads are there to see except for the fact that I was putting 1st. I've never been so confident with a putter as I am with this DART.

Imagine a MX with RST on it....

When I bought my D.A.R.T. he tried to give me the cover for the #7 but I knew it was wrong since it didn't say D.A.R.T. on it or have the zipper on the back of the cover where the Allen wrench tool thingy and the changeable weights are. He went back and found the right one and that's the one that is just a bit too snug to stay snapped. I took the weights out and left them at home but the cover still came unsnapped a couple of times. More importantly, I had a great day putting with it yesterday. Can't say as every putt dropped but those that didn't were getting a good look in the hole before deciding not to go home.

That headcover looks just like mine. I think they just suck is all. We all got the right one but they just dont fit that well.

I had to go get my 7 to check, my headcover fits fairly snug on it.

Does it? Well I thought I might have a DART but those say DART on them and have weights. So I cant have a DART headcover. But mine does not fit snug. Can you snap a pic of yours? Even a Hanks cell phone pic is cool.

Reactions: TC
Great pick up pudd!! I can't wait to roll mine when it comes in! Did you game it yet?

Does it? Well I thought I might have a DART but those say DART on them and have weights. So I cant have a DART headcover. But mine does not fit snug. Can you snap a pic of yours? Even a Hanks cell phone pic is cool.

LOL...agreed!

DSC07479.jpg
DSC07480.jpg
DSC07481.jpg

That is beautious MG!!

That sure looks more snug then mine.

I've seen so many #7's at the open! Anyone have a count on how many and who is all using one?

Tapalk. That's why.

Man all those Metal X #7 pics are killing me!! I can't wait to get mine in, I am hoping maybe next week or the week after at the lastest...I want it now!

I thought the honeymoon phase with my MX #7 was over as I had been struggling a bit with my putting recently but I think it was because of the greens at my course. They must have double cut them or rolled them or both because they were rolling perfect this past weekend and my putting was dead on. I had a total of 91 putts through 63 holes this weekend, only 1 three putt! I averaged 1.52 putts per GIR. I had 10 birdies and 1 eagle on the weekend too.

Love love love love love this putter!

As great as I was rolling this at the stores, I couldn't get past the fact that it was a fluke and that all the greens are like a funnel to the holes :) I decided that a contest was need to decide my gamer for the foreseeable future. What better than a chipping and putting contest?

I took my SeeMore mFGP and the #7 to the chipping and putting green today for a full hour and chipped and pitched and putted the whole time and when I was warmed up I did 4 different locations and did a couple different things as I've been experimenting with chipping with just my AW vs the 54 and 58. I am far more consistent with the AW than the higher lofted clubs on chips and pitches and the ability to change distances with one club is a great asset IMHO, but that's a story for a different thread...

I paired my mFGP with a 54* and the #7 with my AW and hit from 2 different locations and 3 pin locations, only using 2 balls per pin location. After chipping on, I putted from there and counted the putting strokes. The winner was very clear on this HOT afternoon with the score 8-11. I will probably be doing this a couple more times to verify my suspicion, but so far so good. And the winner?
Spoiler
metal-x_7_large.jpg

I was amazed at how well this putter correct mistakes and gets the ball rolling fast. It was neat seeing a bad stroke turn into a great roll and go in the cup. Once I work out the distance control on this, it's going to be great for me I think, and even though it is an insert, it really doesn't feel like one and felt very similar to the SeeMore, but not as pure as the mFGP feels awesome when struck great.

So I had a decent night putting with my D.A.R.T. during my 9-hole league last night. I had 10 putts in 9 holes. I can't say that I made any bombs but I can say that I had 5-10 footers all night and made them all. Lining this thing up is so easy and the firmer face than the original just makes it easy to get the right speed. Needless to say I demolished my opponent 15-3.

Man all those Metal X #7 pics are killing me!! I can't wait to get mine in, I am hoping maybe next week or the week after at the lastest...I want it now!

I'm the same way Tim. I've been jonesing for mine ever since I place the order!

I voted for #'s 2, 3 and 5.

I need that C/S #7

Back