The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Writing the Fairway Style Review Part 1 (mens). Man this thing is going to be long. GG has been taking pictures for about 3 days and I have been writing non-stop for about 10 days. Add that to the fact that we start the contest tomorrow night and we are buried with work.

We will never ask our members for much except to have fun on here, but please do the writers a favor and leave a comment on the articles and reviews. Without comments, the companies never really know how the readers feel. Thanks.

"Wiener-schnitzel" is a fun word to say.

for some reason I one day somehow said "Bubble Penis" and it was the funniest thing ever. I couldn't stop laughing.

that actually just made me LOL

Im getting new tires on my Volvo today. I hate waiting in these shops but they told me it would only take about an hour.

Yeah, I went from a Range Rover to a Volvo so I was not used to this little car, but love it and want to get another one.

Im getting new tires on my Volvo today. I hate waiting in these shops but they told me it would only take about an hour.

Well at least you get to read the 2 year old Car & Drivers they always have in there:act-up:.

Yeah, I went from a Range Rover to a Volvo so I was not used to this little car, but love it and want to get another one.

You had a Range Rover?!!! How come you switched it for the Volvo?

Because I like it better. Better gas mileage, safer, and much less expensive.

I had a Volvo a few years back, overall it was nice car. Buddy has a Range Rover & he loves it, although don't believe the commercials as they can get stuck rather easily in the winter.

Even in FL Dyna? I kid I kid.

The Volvo is an 06 (bought new) but I already want a new one. The new S80s are just so nice.

I believe I rented a S60 when I was in Maine last year. Im not too familar with all of the models. The thing was a blast to drive.

Yeah, the newer Volvo lineup is pretty sweet. The S40, C30, and S80 really impress me on the car front. Granted, since it's one of the brands owned by the company I work for I tend to be a little more biased than some. The S60 is due for an update, it's the oldest design in the sedan lineup, but is still a nice car.

Which one did you get, JB?

"Wiener-schnitzel" is a fun word to say.

Unless you had a German living in the house who laughed and corrected you every time you said it.

The Austrian way to say, "Vienna Woods," sounds like "weiner world."

The Kid informed me (and he was right) that the wrinkly skin on your elbow is called the wenus. Yes, pronounced like that.

Where is Weiner World? Ill make sure I stay away from there.

In German, Vienna Woods is, "Wienerwald." You tell me how you'd pronounce it.

In German, Vienna Woods is, "Wienerwald." You tell me how you'd pronounce it.

When I was in Innsbruck Austria my wife wanted Schnitzel & there was a restaurant that I swear the name was something like "Wienerwald". Strange place where the customers could bring their dogs into the restaurant & lemonade was actually Sprite soda.

The Kid informed me (and he was right) that the wrinkly skin on your elbow is called the wenus. Yes, pronounced like that.

Doesn't "WENUS" mean "Weekly Estimated Net Usage Systems"

Wikipedia's take on Chandler Bing's job (this is from the show "Friends"):
Chandler worked as an IT Procurement Manager with the specialization "Statistical analysis and data reconfiguration", a job which he thoroughly loathed. It remains a running joke through most of the seasons that no one quite knows what he does. His friends, in a trivia game, could not guess his job in one instance, with Rachel hysterically calling him a "transpondster." Joey once said "Jeez, Chandler, you call yourself an accountant?", to which Chandler incredulously replied, "No..." Everyone else would go on to admit that they had no idea what he really did for a living. Monica admits several times that she doesn't pay attention when he talks about his work, but finally learns what he does when he quits in season 9 — she calls it Statistical Analysis And Data Reconfiguration. To which Chandler looks at Monica and asks: "I quit and you learn what I do?" (but he does mention his job title in "The One with the Cooking Class," (season 8), a job which inspired Chandler's oft-referenced office slang word "WENUS" (Weekly Estimated Net Usage Systems), as well as the "ANUS" (Annual Net Usage Statistics)). Because of this job Chandler appears to be the most financially well off among the six friends for the most part of the series and is also shown to hold a position of authority in his company. This may also explain his hesitation in quitting.

The Austrian way to say, "Vienna Woods," sounds like "weiner world."

I thought the wenus was the skin between your thumb and index finger.

I thought wenus was a kids' word for wang (wiener/penis).

I thought wenus was a kids' word for wang (wiener/penis).

There are a great number of kids' words for that, all of which are designed to fool the teachers and none of which succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back