Adams Golf Introduces Black Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Adams Golf (NasdaqCM:ADGF) introduces the latest offering of its successful and industry-leading Idea franchise with the new Idea Pro Black irons. Designed for skilled players, the premium set features eight tour-proven muscle-back irons with forged carbon steel heads and a distinctive black nickel ion finish. With a precisely located center of gravity, the Idea Pro Black irons deliver a penetrating ball flight for superior shot making ability with an exceptionally soft feel.

The traditionally forged muscle-back blade features an adjustable weight port in the flange that allows the better player to customize the set to their exact swing weight specifications. Each head has CNC milled grooves with the maximum allowed volume by the USGA for consistent spin and control in all playing conditions. A thin top line and beveled trailing edge that reduces turf interaction makes this a forged set that definitely appeals to the better player. In addition, the constant reduced offset through the irons offer superior control for players wanting to work their ball flight.

Early acclaim from several prominent online golf communities has propelled interest in the newest release from Adams Golf. "The Idea Pro Black blades made Buzzz of the month with the black stealth finish and the adjustable weighting," says GolfWRX CEO Richard Audi II. "Early testing reported excellent feel and feedback. Sole grinds show a forgiving four-way camber that looks great."

"As the next generation of our extremely successful line of Idea irons, the Pro Black set has already proven itself on Tour and received high marks from golf enthusiasts," said Chip Brewer, Adams Golf president and CEO. "Low-handicap golfers everywhere will appreciate these irons because they not only look great but the adjustable weight will give them the control and workability they seek in a set of blades."

The stock shaft for the Idea Pro Black iron set is the KBS black steel shaft, which debuted last year and was in the bags of 10 PGA Tour champions by season's end. Designed for better players, the KBS shaft was engineered with moment of inertia analysis to increase stability from grip to club head to enhance results of well-executed swings. The Golf Pride Velvet grip is the stock offering in the 8-piece set. With a limited initial release of only 1000, Idea Pro Black iron sets begin shipping to golf shops May 1st with a suggested retail price of $1,099.99.

513079979_Qgk3t-M.jpg

Man, those sure are beautiful!

Dig the black KBS shafts too!

Wow, those are beauties! With those shafts, I really got to check them out.

those look amazing

I just might have to buy a set of those, and make another display case with them. Different looking, but pleasing to look at.

i love the ALL BLACK look. black heads, shafts, grips...might even look cool if you put white grips on them.

Beautiful looking clubs, but I know better than to pick up any blade!

Beautiful looking clubs, but I know better than to pick up any blade!

Yes but they are tempting, if they were a blended set with a players cavity in at least the 3 and 4 iron I would try them out. I wonder if they will offer this set with an option of a hybrid as well, like the pro-gold.

With the way I'm playing right now, it would just be a disaster. I definitely need the SGI or GI irons.

I found a few other photos:

ADAMS_IDEA_PRO_BLACK_SETS-2.jpg

problack_03_lg.jpg

Such a thin top line and sole in those longer irons.

These are absolutely beautiful.....so is this
With a limited initial release of only 1000, Idea Pro Black iron sets begin shipping to golf shops May 1st with a suggested retail price of $1,099.99.

Schewwwwwww that's a pretty penny! I love the looks though.

Limited release of only 1000? That is a whole lot of clubs that are players clubs. Nickent did 500 with the Arc blades. Nike I think did 1000 or less with the TW blades.

$1100? Calm down, Adams.

I agree Floppy, unless these actually hit the club for you!

Wow, those look great. I love the black club head, looks really sweet.

I am a big fan of Adams clubs and these are fantastic. I only wish I could hit them :act-up:

Bridgestone has come out with a set of black irons as well. I saw them at the PGS Merchandise Show in Orlando. I dont think they have a wide spread distribution yet.

Yeah, remember when the Mizuno MP-100 Limited Edition irons came out in the wood and glass box for around $2,000? They dropped to below $1,000 w/in 6-9 months IIRC.

I am a big fan of Adams clubs and these are fantastic. I only wish I could hit them :act-up:

Bridgestone has come out with a set of black irons as well. I saw them at the PGS Merchandise Show in Orlando. I dont think they have a wide spread distribution yet.

The irons are out already. Just J36's that are done in black. We reviewed the black wedges already.

Thanks JB. You are always on top of it!

$1100? Calm down, Adams.

Considering the market they are aimed and shaft upgrade this isn't an out of the question price. Ap2's are 999 and no one questions that and this is the company suggested MSRP, the price will be lower on the street.

Last edited:
Considering the market they are aimed and shaft upgrade this isn't and out of the question price. Ap2's are 999 and no one questions that.

I agree 100% AJ

Back