What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went and played 9 with my 6 year old daughter. She worked on her putting. She left a 20 footer within about 1 foot. Made her day. I love these days.

Played 9 tonight after the morning 18 round got rained out. Tried a new track and was impressed... going to have to check out the rest of the course soon.

Sold some extras to some great THP'ers.

Moved all my stuff over from my Ozone XX to the SM Sync, my first cart bag for the clicgear.

Drooled over and longed for many of the SeeMore mSeries putters.

Played 18
First 6 in the rain then the clouds moved out.
great day for golf

Played 18 with Hawk, Jrod, and Duwey. Good times!

Built a net in backyard and set up my new mat and hit about 60 balls

Played 9 holes. My short game is showing some serious improvement. The rest of my game...not so much.

I did realize late in the round that I hit much better shots if I duplicate the tempo of my practice swing. I have, for all of this season, been trying to slow my tempo on the real swing, and I can't quite recall why.

And here's another revelation - it turns out that when you get lessons, you should actually follow the advice of your instructor. Who knew?

Went to the Travelers Championship to watch.

Took the girls to see the 17th hole at the TPC Sawgrass stadium course. Closed for aeration unfortunately.
View attachment 4939

Woke up unusually early, so watched most of a recently downloaded movie, "Golf in the Kingdom".

A truly wonderful film... Not the average "see lots of golf" movie (which I like a lot), but rather a very internal, philosophical work. Took a few minutes to get my language center to get into the sweet rythm of the Scot dialogue, but overall very inciteful, thoughtful and cinegraphically beautiful film.

your bag looks great now man....really nice set up

Been looking at seemore putters half the morning then Bettinardi putters from the social the rest of the morning. Slow days at work are becoming expensive.

Packed up my Ci11 irons and KBS 90 shafts to go out for delivery today.

Putted & chipped for about an hour last night in the living room trying to re-acquaint myself with the B330-RXS. Then some more time this morning before work with the Betti. Had some directional issues last time out, so need to work on it more still.

Played 18 holes with my good buddy DawgDaddy which is always a pleasure! I think we were born brothers from another Mother some where down the line. Anyways we both hit some good shots and some not so good shots. I think I was plus 90 something as I could not hit the fade to save my life. Weak cut because of an ongoing left pec muscle problem. I could hammer the ball with my old draw using my right side. Dawg as always hit some beautiful shots. We always have a great time no matter what :D....

It was a blast as always getting in 19, yes 19 as they are putting in the new irrigation system at Jonesco and we played the temporary hole when we went by in case one of the fairways was closed. So yes OG's statement is true about us being on the plus side of 90, however if you take away the last hole (a par 5 I bogeyed and he parred) that statement is not true. For the 1st 18 holes we played I had a so/so 85 and OG stayed on this side of 90, so not a great day scoring but a great day being on the course with my friend and brother from another.

practiced over lunch at the range, bought a few things, sold a couple things, plan on hitting into the net tonight, regrip a putter tonight also. busy golf stuff day...

figured out my Betti order and played fairway solitare and THPed

Totally lost my game over the past couple weeks. Went and insulted with a PGA Professional. He was able to point out a few things that really helped start getting me back on track. Shot out to get in 9 files tonight and could really tell a difference in ball striking. I was getting back on track this evening so hopefully I get some reps in before the weekend.
TapAhoy!

Worked at the Country Club from 8AM- 6PM (open to close) all by myself, practiced putting for a solid 3 hours while I worked because it was our slow day, and it was raining. Somewhat productive for my stroke, although I didn't focus 100% while I was putting.

The weather is supposed to be beautiful here this afternoon, so I think I might head to the range on lunch and take down a bucket...

Played 18 last night at my home course. Forgot to post last night.

Figured I'd give re-gripping my clubs myself a go, NO IDEA why I've paid to have this done in the past...so quick and so easy.

Received another amazing package from Bridgetone Golf & recorded a video.

Played 18 at Hawthorn Ridge in Aledo Illinois.. Very nice public course.

Does playing that damn Fairway Solitaire count?
Ahhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back