Southern Oregon Thoughts?

livegolf

Reaction score
Handicap
5ish
I am headed to Portland over the 4th of July and want to hit up one or two courses close to I-5. I think Centennial is my 1st pick. What about Stone Ridge vs Eagle Point? Should I avoid either one of those? Thanks!

If you are heading to Portland, are you restricted to courses in southern Oregon? The only course I have played that far south is Running Y Ranch in Klamath Falls but that's not near I-5. If you're able to play in the Portland area drop me a line and I'll take you out to somewhere world class.

If you are heading to Portland, are you restricted to courses in southern Oregon? The only course I have played that far south is Running Y Ranch in Klamath Falls but that's not near I-5. If you're able to play in the Portland area drop me a line and I'll take you out to somewhere world class.

I'd be down for a 4some if you guys were looking

I drive up there a couple times a year and always pass by Centennial and think "I should stop there one of these days" as it is right off the freeway so I am just going to do it. I am debating if I want to meander my way up to Portland and play a 2nd place on the way (I am a bit of a course junkie :D). Running Y just seems a little far off of 5. It would be the perfect stop heading to Bend though someday.

As far as meeting up, I should be able to make that work and appreciate the thought. I am in town Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for full days and was looking to play 2, if not all 3 of the days. I have an old college golf teammate in Vancouver, WA who would be looking to play too. If we give it some time I can narrow down the days to play.

Where would you be looking to play?

If a spot is available I'd love to join you guys. EDIT: I'm out of town the days you will be here so I'm out. Have a great time, I look forward to reading about it here.

@ livegolf - which Thur, Fri and Sat?

I think Eagle point is always rated pretty well. I don't know anything a out Stoneridge. I would also be up for a round on Saturday up in Portland. Let me know.

I drive up there a couple times a year and always pass by Centennial and think "I should stop there one of these days" as it is right off the freeway so I am just going to do it. I am debating if I want to meander my way up to Portland and play a 2nd place on the way (I am a bit of a course junkie :D). Running Y just seems a little far off of 5. It would be the perfect stop heading to Bend though someday.

As far as meeting up, I should be able to make that work and appreciate the thought. I am in town Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for full days and was looking to play 2, if not all 3 of the days. I have an old college golf teammate in Vancouver, WA who would be looking to play too. If we give it some time I can narrow down the days to play.

Where would you be looking to play?

I just realized that I am in Bend on the 5th, 6th, 7th, (figures!). I assume those are the days you meant you will be in town? I would reccomend that you play Pumpkin Ridge, The Reserve, or Langdon Farms in the Portland area. If you have a friend that lives in Vancouver he will know as well or better than I.

I think Eagle point is always rated pretty well. I don't know anything a out Stoneridge. I would also be up for a round on Saturday up in Portland. Let me know.

Thanks for the thoughts

I just realized that I am in Bend on the 5th, 6th, 7th, (figures!). I assume those are the days you meant you will be in town? I would reccomend that you play Pumpkin Ridge, The Reserve, or Langdon Farms in the Portland area. If you have a friend that lives in Vancouver he will know as well or better than I.

Reading the names of those courses gets me so excited, oh my I love golf in the northwest!! I have played all of those courses and played Pumpkin in April on a cool, showery day and the weather didn't affect my time as I always have a good time golfing there.

Anyway...yeah, those are the dates that I will be there so sorry that I will miss you. Maybe another time.

I should be free on the 7th, pm'd Dr. Teeth about playing. If you guys want to play somewhere I'd be down.

Mkay, what does everyone think about a Saturday meet up? I would prefer to play in the morning (8am to 10am maybe). My friend mentioned he had a bbq one day and I don't know what day it is yet, but I'd like to get this stared. That is his deal though so he might not be golfing who knows.

I don't want to break the bank, so Pumpkin is out. I would love to play the South course at the Reserve as I've only played the North course. Then I could have a burger at Helvatia Tavern after the round too, mmmm. Also Stone Creek comes to mind as a good value, haven't played there since 2007 and I played it in the pouring rain then so I'd like to go back. Heron Lakes maybe?

The reserve and stone Creek are both great choices. I prefer both to Heron Lakes. Morning works best for me too.

Morning works great for me. I can basically do any time and will play wherever, you guys decide and I'll be there

I wish I could join you guys. Another time. Don't forget about OGA and Chehalem Glenn.

I probably prefer Reserve: South, Stonecreek, Reserve: North. About 8:30am? If that is cool I can make the time, not sure how far out they will allow me to make it. Any local discount sites that I should be aware of?

$65 walking rates are up on the website at the reserve for 07/07. 7:48am, 8:15am, or 8:42am would be my preference. Anyone care which of those?

I am leaving tomorrow. Do we want to do meet up saturday?

I am leaving tomorrow. Do we want to do meet up saturday?

Unfortunately I'm not gonna be renting a car this weekend like I initially thought, so I'll be stuck at home.

if you can play at RedTail i'm all over it :) (sucks to not have a car..)

Unfortunately I'm not gonna be renting a car this weekend like I initially thought, so I'll be stuck at home.

I get up here a couple times a year so maybe we can make it work someday

Hate to hijack the thread, but would any of you guys be up for a weekday round next week? Either an afternoon round on Wednesday July 11th, or a morning round on Thursday July 12th? I am driving through the area up to Seattle from San Fran area, and those are the dates I'm in Portland. I will also be in Portland for an extended period after the 23rd of July and would love to play both on the way up and on the way back. Let me know if any of you can join me.

DL

I played Centennial on my way up. Below are a few pics, good course with the best greens that I have putted on so far this year...I like John Fought designs. #18 is a very solid finishing hole. Highly recommended. I love pac northwest golf!

I tried to play Eagle Point on my way back, but they had a tournament going during the time I was driving through. I'd like to give that a try, Northwest golfguys has a good review on it.

#1:

2012-07-04_09-15-21_810.jpg

Looking back from behind #3:

2012-07-04_09-55-25_58.jpg

#10:

2012-07-04_11-29-12_947.jpg

#18:

2012-07-04_13-18-29_703.jpg

Wow that course looks great, hate I couldn't make it

Good choice on Centennial, I play that course a couple of times a year. My in-laws live in Medford.

Also, I might be up for a morning round this week? I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Back