What does the Morgan Cup mean to you?

FWIW, I don't think videos or trash talking are a necessity in The Morgan Cup. In fact, I'm not a fan of the trash talking at all, though I've never been a participant, so I'm not sure how it is for them. I have fun being a Team Hackers supporter. I have made a few fun wagers on the outcome that could lead to some very funny stuff. That sort of stuff is awesome.

I can't make it down to Myrtle Beach, and I've never met a single THPer before, so I'm not totally sure of the bond you guys all describe. I don't really have that with anyone here, unfortunately. I still think that's the best part of The Morgan Cup. I can feel the bond that the participants are forming before even having met, at least for some of them. I think that's totally awesome. I daresay I'm quite jealous of you guys for that. I hope The Morgan Cup continues so I can have the chance of being a part of it some day.

Damaikis you'll understand after the NC outting. It's one thing to talk to someone on here but after you meat them and share a few laughs the family aspect really sinks in.

--
Tapatalk2

Damaikis you'll understand after the NC outting. It's one thing to talk to someone on here but after you meat them and share a few laughs the family aspect really sinks in.

--
Tapatalk2

Good. You all seem awesome. I really can't wait to meet the NC sector of THP along with JB, GG, and anyone else who comes to it.

Good. You all seem awesome. I really can't wait to meet the NC sector of THP along with JB, GG, and anyone else who comes to it.

You get a whole new aspect of THP once you go to an outing/Morgan Cup/Tour Van stop.

I agree with what both SW and ddec are preaching here.

As far as the "look who showed up" posts in the TT thread, I read them as a "look who showed up to talk smack" not necessarily who showed up to post on THP. I dunno, just my .02

WOW so much running through my mind so I hope to keep it short and simple and not lose my point.

The Morgan Cup is an opportunity that I have seen nowhere else, on any other forum, for any other sport, to put so much on a world wide stage for a group of amatuers who are passionate about their sport. We ALL are representing Bridgestone, Callaway, Cleveland, and THP. It just so happens that some were chosen to carry more of the burden of this representation for all of us. How each of those chosen responds to this is dependent upon that person. The responsibility however resides with all of us here on THP to represent The Mogan Cup and all she has been associated with to the best of our ability.

Three major golf companies have not only staked a huge amount of money but a fair bit of reputation on this event. JB, GG and the rest of the THP staff have answered with their reputation that the membership of The Hackers Paradise will rise to the occasion and make this an event to remember, regardless of whether we were selected to participate or not.

What does the Morgan Cup mean to you? To opportunity of a lifetime to represent an organization, and three major sponsors on a huge stage, to be handed the keys to a company and told to have fun.
So to all of us, me included; its time to step up and in our own way, within our own abilities, to make this Morgan Cup an event to be remembered and talked about for years to come.

WOW so much running through my mind so I hope to keep it short and simple and not lose my point.

The Morgan Cup is an opportunity that I have seen nowhere else, on any other forum, for any other sport, to put so much on a world wide stage for a group of amatuers who are passionate about their sport. We ALL are representing Bridgestone, Callaway, Cleveland, and THP. It just so happens that some were chosen to carry more of the burden of this representation for all of us. How each of those chosen responds to this is dependent upon that person. The responsibility however resides with all of us here on THP to represent The Mogan Cup and all she has been associated with to the best of our ability.

Three major golf companies have not only staked a huge amount of money but a fair bit of reputation on this event. JB, GG and the rest of the THP staff have answered with their reputation that the membership of The Hackers Paradise will rise to the occasion and make this an event to remember, regardless of whether we were selected to participate or not.

What does the Morgan Cup mean to you? To opportunity of a lifetime to represent an organization, and three major sponsors on a huge stage, to be handed the keys to a company and told to have fun.
So to all of us, me included; its time to step up and in our own way, within our own abilities, to make this Morgan Cup an event to be remembered and talked about for years to come.

Well said Wulff! You are one who has been around THP for eons to watch how things have grown, changed, matured and in some ways stayed the same.

I guess I'm still too new to the site to know what it means for me.

Very well said RW!

I have to say I'm disappointed at all the focus in trash talk. It's not even close to the central part of the MC. If you can't trash talk then don't go in the thread, simple as that. 'look who showed up' is trash talk. Deal with it....cuz if you're in all the other threads on a consistent basis, you're doing your job and I know it's being noticed.
I've said it before the MC means something different to everyone. The sponsor see the MC in a different way then anyone else. They have a vested interest in seeing their gear repped and repped hard by every single member. They want to know what it looks like to you, how it feels, your likes and dislikes, would you recommend to others. They want you to sell yourself with the equipment. If you aren't doing that, they notice. That is your job as it relates to the OEMs. Im sure everyone gets that, at least I hope they do.

sorry for the delay here, but I knew this post would be more than I want to type on my cell phone

Too often, TMC gets looked at as 24 lucky guys getting free equipment, when in reality thats not anything what its about. sure, its really awesome but there is a lot that goes with it...errrr...is supposed to go with it. Each Morgan Cupper is going to go about what they should do for TMC in a totally different way. When we signed up, there were NO rules that stated what we should and should not do for this position. And quite frankly I dont think there should have to be rules in place. I mean, come on. We are getting to live a dream of THOUSANDS of golfers across the globe. Some know what TMC is and some have never heard of it. But, there are 24 lucky golfers who get the chance to feel like a tour pro. To be sponsored by a company. to show up on a course with a staff bag, your clothes picked out for you, balls supplied, as well as gloves, shoes, and tees. not to mention belts, sunglasses and hats. But again, you are not told you must do this and you must do that. Thats where being an adult comes into play. We know whats right and what is wrong. I cant for a second fathom how someone would be given this opportunity and not soak it up and be proud of the chance to live this dream.

Sure, there is a Trash talk thread, a video thread, equipment threads, etc. But thats not all that this is about. its about having fun with what we are given. At the end of the day on Sunday, it doesnt matter who won or lost. Who played well and who didnt. this is a brotherhood in the making and friends you will have for life. If you choose to not let these "brothers" get to know who you are then you are the one missing out. If you take this too seriously to truly enjoy it, then you are the one missing out. If you as a forum member do not get in these threads and join in the fun, then you are the one missing out. Sure, there are people who may or may not be upset for not getting their videos chosen, but not everyone can be in it. To turn our back on the event because that is the case is ludacris. To not support the event is to not support the website that so freely gives back to us as consumers and golf lovers on a daily basis. All because ones feelings are hurt.

This is the Morgan Cup. This is a Ryder Cup for amateurs. You as a forum member and you as a Morgan Cupper are lucky enough to be a part of this. if the Ryder Cup were opened up for supporters to come and be by the players side, people would sign up in a heart beat. If you are lucky enough to be chosen as a Ryder Cupper, your going to do our best to rep that Ryder Cup. you would hold your head high and you would want people to know you are one of the lucky few. We as Morgan Cuppers and you as Morgan cup supporters should be proud to be any part of this event.

As a Morgan Cupper and a member of Team Hackers, I know what my duties for my team, THP, and the companies are. I will continue to rep my sponsors, my team, and THP with dignity. The Morgan Cup is supposed to be fun, we can not be selfish and we must soak up this opportunity. If this is the last Morgan Cup...would you want to be one of those who stood in the shadows and didnt enjoy this opportunity? I know I dont want to.

so...to me, the morgan cup is means more to me than just 1 certain thing. There is a lot to it. Most importantly...it is for THP, their members, and the golf companies. we have just over 3 weeks til the event. Lets blow this website up with support for THP, Bridgestone, Callaway, Cleveland, Antigua, ECCO, Bettinardi, Team Hackers, Team Paradise, and Team THP.

Reactions: JB
I really like a lot of what that guy said

Awesome post One- T. Extremely well written and thoughtful. Right on bro.

very very well said One-T

Another really good post as well. Love it.

Epic post right there One-Tizzle

Great points made there One-T. You hit the nail on the head buddy. Let's blow it up for the companies that made this all happen!

If anyone doesn't get it, and wants to know what it means, read One-T's post, because that guy gets it.

Thanks guys! and again...sorry for the delay

sorry for the delay here, but I knew this post would be more than I want to type on my cell phone

Too often, TMC gets looked at as 24 lucky guys getting free equipment, when in reality thats not anything what its about. sure, its really awesome but there is a lot that goes with it...errrr...is supposed to go with it. Each Morgan Cupper is going to go about what they should do for TMC in a totally different way. When we signed up, there were NO rules that stated what we should and should not do for this position. And quite frankly I dont think there should have to be rules in place. I mean, come on. We are getting to live a dream of THOUSANDS of golfers across the globe. Some know what TMC is and some have never heard of it. But, there are 24 lucky golfers who get the chance to feel like a tour pro. To be sponsored by a company. to show up on a course with a staff bag, your clothes picked out for you, balls supplied, as well as gloves, shoes, and tees. not to mention belts, sunglasses and hats. But again, you are not told you must do this and you must do that. Thats where being an adult comes into play. We know whats right and what is wrong. I cant for a second fathom how someone would be given this opportunity and not soak it up and be proud of the chance to live this dream.

Sure, there is a Trash talk thread, a video thread, equipment threads, etc. But thats not all that this is about. its about having fun with what we are given. At the end of the day on Sunday, it doesnt matter who won or lost. Who played well and who didnt. this is a brotherhood in the making and friends you will have for life. If you choose to not let these "brothers" get to know who you are then you are the one missing out. If you take this too seriously to truly enjoy it, then you are the one missing out. If you as a forum member do not get in these threads and join in the fun, then you are the one missing out. Sure, there are people who may or may not be upset for not getting their videos chosen, but not everyone can be in it. To turn our back on the event because that is the case is ludacris. To not support the event is to not support the website that so freely gives back to us as consumers and golf lovers on a daily basis. All because ones feelings are hurt.

This is the Morgan Cup. This is a Ryder Cup for amateurs. You as a forum member and you as a Morgan Cupper are lucky enough to be a part of this. if the Ryder Cup were opened up for supporters to come and be by the players side, people would sign up in a heart beat. If you are lucky enough to be chosen as a Ryder Cupper, your going to do our best to rep that Ryder Cup. you would hold your head high and you would want people to know you are one of the lucky few. We as Morgan Cuppers and you as Morgan cup supporters should be proud to be any part of this event.

As a Morgan Cupper and a member of Team Hackers, I know what my duties for my team, THP, and the companies are. I will continue to rep my sponsors, my team, and THP with dignity. The Morgan Cup is supposed to be fun, we can not be selfish and we must soak up this opportunity. If this is the last Morgan Cup...would you want to be one of those who stood in the shadows and didnt enjoy this opportunity? I know I dont want to.

so...to me, the morgan cup is means more to me than just 1 certain thing. There is a lot to it. Most importantly...it is for THP, their members, and the golf companies. we have just over 3 weeks til the event. Lets blow this website up with support for THP, Bridgestone, Callaway, Cleveland, Antigua, ECCO, Bettinardi, Team Hackers, Team Paradise, and Team THP.

Nice! I know I have no real idea of what it is to be a MC'er but that was very wells said...kudos, good luck in the upcoming MC event

Nice! I know I have no real idea of what it is to be a MC'er but that was very wells said...kudos, good luck in the upcoming MC event
Thank you so much! i look forward to meeting you at the NC Tour Van event. Maybe even at The Morgan Cup in Myrtle Beach if you want to come check it out :)

One-T, that was very well said my awkwardly handsome friend!

Well said Jarret with One "T". Great read and a ton of good points made. Proud to be going through journey with you man.

Back