I finally bought some quick set epoxy, ferrules, and a heat gun. Reshafted the V2's in about 90 minutes today. It wasn't hard at all. Wanted to say thanks to ddec for answering quite a few newbie questions. Should be able to hit them later this afternoon if the rain holds.

Very nice hawk. Glad you were able to get that done.

I finally bought some quick set epoxy, ferrules, and a heat gun. Reshafted the V2's in about 90 minutes today. It wasn't hard at all. Wanted to say thanks to ddec for answering quite a few newbie questions. Should be able to hit them later this afternoon if the rain holds.

I need to do this too...plus I want an air compressor for Pure Grips

I did my grips as well, but that goes so fast with the gun I didn't even think to mention it.

I was looking at those too. Lowe's had a pretty sweet deal on the Hitachi's. Came with a pancake compressor and three tools for like $300. If I could have an air compressor and a shaft puller in my shop, I would be set.

I think I got my compressor for $70. It's enough to blow up tires, do grips, and came with a nail gun. I didn't use a puller b/c I was doing steel shafts. Just a heat gun, leather glove and a vise.

I think I got my compressor for $70. It's enough to blow up tires, do grips, and came with a nail gun. I didn't use a puller b/c I was doing steel shafts. Just a heat gun, leather glove and a vise.

I just get a little skittish when working with graphite, though I have only done it a couple of times. It's crazy. After you do this a few times, you wonder why the hell you ever paid anyone to do this stuff before. I did my wedges the a couple weeks ago, with some new Spinners, and had them both re-shafted in like 20 minutes.

I'm looking into and pricing all the stuff to set up my building area. Once that happens I will be all over it testing shafts and heads. I used to build with my dad and miss those days and since he and mom moved I don't get to see them nearly as much so this will be my link to the past. I just wish you could by heads from the major oems and custom build to your own specs.

What shafts did you put in the V2's? Where did you get your ferrules? I just ordered some sweet orange and green ferrules and matching grips. Going to reshaft my Wishon 870ti's and 560mc's next week when all the stuff comes in.

also, an air compressor is pretty much a must have for regripping. SOOO EASY! I just ordered some tacki mac it2's and really like them so far on my wedges, ordered more to put on my other clubs.

I just get a little skittish when working with graphite, though I have only done it a couple of times. It's crazy. After you do this a few times, you wonder why the hell you ever paid anyone to do this stuff before. I did my wedges the a couple weeks ago, with some new Spinners, and had them both re-shafted in like 20 minutes.

With graphite, you really need a heat gun and a shaft puller. Too much heat and the shaft will pull apart. Just a little heat and steady pressure on the puller.

What shafts did you put in the V2's? Where did you get your ferrules? I just ordered some sweet orange and green ferrules and matching grips. Going to reshaft my Wishon 870ti's and 560mc's next week when all the stuff comes in.

also, an air compressor is pretty much a must have for regripping. SOOO EASY! I just ordered some tacki mac it2's and really like them so far on my wedges, ordered more to put on my other clubs.

S300's. Now I know why people say they are harsh, but I did see a good result with accuracy and distance. I wish I'd done it a long time ago. As for the ferrules, there's a little private shop here that I got them from. They build component clubs and clones as well as selling clubmaking gear.

Don't know if this has been suggested but a good tool to buy for cutting shafts is an arrow cutter that is used by archery shops. It has a built in ruler and a holder for the shafts. Cuts straight every time.

Cool. The DG's are nice but yes a bit harsh. I've never quite got along with DG's or PX shafts in general though. Neat that you have a shop like that around you to go to.

With graphite, you really need a heat gun and a shaft puller. Too much heat and the shaft will pull apart. Just a little heat and steady pressure on the puller.

Got the heat gun and yeah, that's what I said before, I would love to have a shaft puller for graphite. Like I said, I just get a little skittish doing it by hand.

Stumbled around and thought this would be a decent place to post this. Cleveland posted a series about club building on their techvan blog, here's the link to it. Pretty cool reading

http://blog.clevelandgolf.com/?cat=70

This may be a silly question but can you re-grip anything with the pure gun? Or is it only pure grips?

Seriously. Tappin'.

You can regrip pretty much anything with them, though you'll probably want to put some tape down first. The only thing that's given me trouble is the over-sized Winn grips. It's almost like they have an internal framing that won't expand or something.

Awesome. I might have to invest in one of those then. Yeah winn grips are a pain, they have a cardboard core that helps keep their shape. Tough to get on and off.

Seriously. Tappin'.

You can regrip pretty much anything with them, though you'll probably want to put some tape down first. The only thing that's given me trouble is the over-sized Winn grips. It's almost like they have an internal framing that won't expand or something.

Awesome. I might have to invest in one of those then. Yeah winn grips are a pain, they have a cardboard core that helps keep their shape. Tough to get on and off.

Seriously. Tappin'.

Winn grips have been the most difficult for me as well with the pure gun. But I've done plenty of other types including Lamkin Crosslines, Pures, Golf Pride NDMC, UST Mamiya grips. If you are going to start doing your own, I'd recommend a small air compressor and the pure gun.

Yea man. I hadn't met a grip that the Pure gun couldn't handle, but Harmon's grips are beasts.

Yea man. I hadn't met a grip that the Pure gun couldn't handle, but Harmon's grips are beasts.

Some putter grips can be tricky because of the shape.

the winn grips are really hard to put on with or without the pure gun

While I don't have the pure gun, I have something very similar that a professional club builder recommended to me and I re-gripped 2 putters the other day and it worked great.

Some putter grips can be tricky because of the shape.

Try turning the gun upside down (green plastic part) and it works better.

What do I need to buy to extend a putter an inch? Can I get a quick rundown of how to do it?

Back