Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

Last time I played I had the face open but the weight in the heel. I think the face being open made me concentrate more on making sure I turn the face over because if I don't I am in the crap on the right.

That's the setting Chad at the Callaway Performance Center chose for me and I have been using it almost the whole time...I did expirement with it a little but with the face open and weights in the draw position I seem to feel free to release the club without fear of hitting the duck hook....seems to be working, I am about 71% Fairways hit since I got the Razr Fit!

Anyone gaming the Tour Authentic Razr Fit? How is the ball flight? Is it lower trajectory/high kickpoint?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

INGolfer has it. He's talked about it a lot in this thread.

Go to "Today's Posts" and look for this thread and click on "Replies". The find his name and click on his post total in this thread. All of his posts will come up. Easiest way I know of to find them all.

Well this driver is really something special for me. I'm hitting the ball to places of the course I've never been too before, in fact this driver is so good for me that its actually getting hit less than my previous drivers because it can put me in trouble I could never reach before.

I have a big write up that I'm working on in word, but I'm just smitten with this driver.

Well this driver is really something special for me. I'm hitting the ball to places of the course I've never been too before, in fact this driver is so good for me that its actually getting hit less than my previous drivers because it can put me in trouble I could never reach before.

I have a big write up that I'm working on in word, but I'm just smitten with this driver.

I like the sounds of that Breezy. I know how much you loved your previous driver. Looking forward to the big write up on it.

I really hit my driver well today....it's no secret that I am not a long knocker by any stretch of the imagination....Well today I hit a couple that just exploded off the face...and were extremely long for me, not only that but I was hitting them on a string....aim where I want it...swing and the ball was on a rail...right to where I lined up!!

The last hole today was a 322 yard par 4 with water right in front of the green that goes to about 40 yards in front of the green....there is a tree in the fairway and a small opening between that tree and the left edge of the fairway where you can get really close to the water.....I lined up and just piped a ball right through the gap and it stopped about 5 feet from the water!!

That's about 285...for me that is huge!!! And to that the fact that it went exactly where I aimed it!!

I love this Driver!!

I hit a 285 yarder on Thursday too! Farthest I've ever hit on this certain hole by 25 yards! Missed the green on the 180 yard second shot (par 5) though. missed a good opportunity for my first eagle.

I got so consumed with my score from Thursday that I forgot to post in here that my love affair with the Razr Fit continues. I was playing with Bear4ever who usually outdrives me by 30-40 yards. On this day with the Razr Fit, I was only 10 yards behind him.

I have the heavy weight on the heel, with the shaft set to square, and I am able to line up down the right side and swing as hard as I want without fear of going right. Through 11 holes, I was never in trouble off the tee, and was only +4.

On 12, the driver head flew off in an alternate direction from the ball (which still went straight). Heart sank and stopped for a few minutes, but it was retrieved, and the epoxy between the shaft and adapter had failed...I really blame the assembler (stupid me).

Anyway, without the Razr Fit, I collapsed all threat back to the clubhouse. I'm pretty sure my Mashie FW found my Golfsmith Catalog with the Razr Fit 3W centerfold because it acted jilted down the stretch.

The Razr Fit has been repaired with much more epoxy, and is ready to return from injured reserve on the next road trip.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Got to play 9 holes on Thursday. I've been struggling to find time to get on the course so I was really happy to just get 9 in. Well predictably I struggled just a bit with contact. But I was surprised that the Fit was the club that I struggled with the most. It was the first time that I really didn't have a clue where the ball was going to go. Started off really well with 2 drives straight down the middle both between 255-260. Then trouble.

Hole 4 is a longish dogleg left par 4. Pushed the drive right and was lucky that it stayed in a playable spot. Cost me a stroke though. Next hole same thing. Pushed it right and into a frikken fairway pot bunker. Double ensued. Next hole I pushed it right again and this time it was in the woods. Managed to save a bogey there. Rest of the round was uneventful.

I was really lost out there and that was the first time that I had completely lost confidence in the Fit during a round. I want to say that I started to try and steer the ball instead of hitting it. When I do that I tend to push it right. I'm hoping to play today or tomorrow so I will work on finishing the darn swing. Funny thing is that the rest of my game was solid. That is usually the opposite when I have not played for a bit. It's usually my putting and irons that let me down and the driver is still solid.

Hawk I can't really give you that big of a story as to what happens when I change the weights. Sadly I have just not played around with it much. I got the driver stock(Neutral setting, 12toe, 2heel) and I was fading that. Switched the weights around and it was straight as a laser. Havent switched anything since that first range session. Even my misses tend to be straight. I will just push the ball right. Lately my draw has been coming back a little but its far less pronounced of a right to left. It's a nice little draw at the end of the flight.

I really hit my driver well today....it's no secret that I am not a long knocker by any stretch of the imagination....Well today I hit a couple that just exploded off the face...and were extremely long for me, not only that but I was hitting them on a string....aim where I want it...swing and the ball was on a rail...right to where I lined up!!

The last hole today was a 322 yard par 4 with water right in front of the green that goes to about 40 yards in front of the green....there is a tree in the fairway and a small opening between that tree and the left edge of the fairway where you can get really close to the water.....I lined up and just piped a ball right through the gap and it stopped about 5 feet from the water!!

That's about 285...for me that is huge!!! And to that the fact that it went exactly where I aimed it!!

I love this Driver!!

I hit a 285 yarder on Thursday too! Farthest I've ever hit on this certain hole by 25 yards! Missed the green on the 180 yard second shot (par 5) though. missed a good opportunity for my first eagle.

Sounds like you guys are very happy with the results you are seeing. Going to need to a go with this driver on the range at media day and check it out for myself.

Great to hear you are seeing those results Tim!

I went out for a range session yesterday and I was really hitting the driver and 3-wood really well. I have been driving the ball well but honestly I haven't been making great contact with the 3 wood off the tee. Yesterday I think I striped everything perfectly with the woods I was really excited for how I was hitting the ball. I think the time off to get some energy back has really helped. I was hitting the driver over the net at the end of the range yesterday more often than I usually do. This is not to say I am driving the ball 325 yards...I think over the net might at the range might result in a 290 drive on the course, and I usually average 275-280. So I hope I hit the ball that well when I get our to the course this weekend.

Anxiously awaiting fellow Lefty!!!

Man it really sounds like this driver is working out amazing for you guys. This is the kind of hype around a club that really makes me want to go out and hit it, my course sells Callaway drivers and fairways but for some reason they do not have the FIT!

Thats crazy 10YD, I don't know why they wouldn't have it. But you definitely need to get out and swing it, it definitely lives up to the hype!

Thats crazy 10YD, I don't know why they wouldn't have it. But you definitely need to get out and swing it, it definitely lives up to the hype!
I don't know either, the have the Razr X Black but not the Fit, I live in a very small town and they stock a limited selection but still usually have the newest from the OEM's they do stock. I will ask them tomorrow morning before my round if they plan on getting a demo in so I can hit it.

Once I got my driver swing in sync yesterday, the Fit was a big performer. My ball flight was on the high side on the mid-high rating. While the driver isn't always forgiving I found that some of my shots that were towards the toe were going straight with some good distance. The Diamana Blue shaft requires me to swing a bit more aggressive than I'd like to but when I manage to put an aggressive and controlled swing on the ball the shaft feels really good. If I don't it feels a little boardy to me and it doesn't fele like it flexes much for me at all. I don't feel that the Fit is overly heavy and I always know where it is in my swing which is nice. It sets up so well at address for me and doesn't let me get lazy in thinking I can just beat the ball and rely on forgiveness to bail me out

Very up and down round with the Fit today. At first I was pushing my shots right. Mid round I seemed to correct it and was seeing some high flying shots that would hit the ground and run like mad. Then all of a sudden I was pulling the ball left. It was a straight shot it was just left. I need to get to the range and work on my driver swing a little. I feel like maybe I'm not releasing or something.

Anyone here switch from the R11S to the Razr Fit. Would be interested in the feedback. I have the R11S, but have always loved Callaway products.

Straight is pretty fun isn't it Rusty. Had a funny conversation with a dude in the elevator today. He sees that I'm wearing a TM tour hat and asks if I have the R11s. I say no. He says he got one a month ago and loves it. Hes killing it. I kid you not he then says he wished he could find the Fairway with it though. I tell him I cant remember ever loving a driver that wasn't accurate. He laughs and says he is seeing great distance though. I tell him to go demo the Fit as its the straightest driver that I have ever hit. I have a feeling he will be thanking me soon.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

That's it. I am heading to my local store to hit it. I hit the R11s ok, but directionally, it sprays a bit more than previous drivers. I probably can get close to full price for my R11s with my 90 day return policy....we will see....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Well, I went out at lunch and went to my local store and my "regular" salesman was there. He hooked me up to the monitor and had me hit the R11S in my current setting and then the Razr Fit. The Razr Fit did feel nice, but I was spinning the ball RPM too high for that club. It was out of the running for my swing. He did throw out the idea of trying the Tour Authentic Razr Fit and said that it should hit my swing better (being a higher kickpoint shaft). BINGO!!! I finally found my driver. We tweaked the weights and the hosel and I walked out a happy customer. Best part: he gave me the full $499.99 retail for my R11S TP and with it, I bought the Vokey 56 degree I had been wanting forever.

20120702_140744.jpg

20120702_140729.jpg

Good stuff bigdaddy....what settings did you end up with?

Well, I went out at lunch and went to my local store and my "regular" salesman was there. He hooked me up to the monitor and had me hit the R11S in my current setting and then the Razr Fit. The Razr Fit did feel nice, but I was spinning the ball RPM too high for that club. It was out of the running for my swing. He did throw out the idea of trying the Tour Authentic Razr Fit and said that it should hit my swing better (being a higher kickpoint shaft). BINGO!!! I finally found my driver. We tweaked the weights and the hosel and I walked out a happy customer. Best part: he gave me the full $499.99 retail for my R11S TP and with it, I bought the Vokey 56 degree I had been wanting forever.

20120702_140744.jpg

20120702_140729.jpg

20120702_140744.jpg

20120702_140729.jpg

Wow!! Great pick up man!! Beautiful headcover too. Holy cow is that hot.

I will see how this thing bangs em out tonight. I plan on taking my son to karate tonight and hitting the range after they go to bed. That gives me around 45+ minutes of range time while the sun is still out. Can't wait.

I also picked up a KBS Tour C-taper S+ 6 iron shaft. I want to reshaft and try one out before i change all my irons....

Back