Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Henson will be much of an interior presence. He seems like more of a step out kind of player. Almost like Chris Bosh.

Curious how much of him you saw play?

Is this Henson cat my Bucks drafted any good?

Yeah, he's going to be good. He's still young. He can block shots almost as well as Anthony Davis. Can rebound, and can score with either hand, which makes him valuable.

No idea Jeff but Im certain Barnes will be the bust of this draft. :bulgy-eyes:

I don't think so. He had way too many expectations on him at UNC. He still performed great though. He's a good dude, works hard and can flat out score. He'll be hard to defend due to his size and his ability to stretch the floor.

Says the Henson dude is 6'11 and 215 pounds? Jeebus. Dude needs to take a tour of the Miller plant and maybe drink a few kegs or something. We need some interior presence. Hope he fits the bill.

He was 180 pounds two years ago, so he's put on over 30 pounds in the two years he spent in Chapel Hill. He's got tremendous upside and I think he'll be an easy 14/10 type of guy. He'll have to be respected on the defensive end as well. He has like a 9'4'' wing span or something crazy. And he can run the floor.

Any comments on the celtics taking Sullinger with the 21st pick? It might turn out to be a steal.

Any comments on the celtics taking Sullinger with the 21st pick? It might turn out to be a steal.

It sure could. I'll be interested in seeing how his game translates in the NBA for sure.

Is Austin rivers really that good or the most overrated player in the draft?

I've heard from a bunch of people that he is a really good player but an arrogant and selfish tool.

He can flat out score dude, but that's it. He can't defend worth a turd and looks to get his before setting up others. Not great if they plan to play him at the point position in NO. He's a smart kid though and he can flat out score. Today's NBA is more one-on-one than it used to be so perhaps he'll be good.

Here is what I'm getting at. Is he top ten good? Was he even the best player on his college team? I saw him play a couple times and he went bananas once but the other times seemed average.

I knew TC would come through with a Henson assessment for me. Everything I read about the guy was good and the upside seemed to be worth the pick. I just hope he isn't as fragile as Bogut was. My God. A fart with any power behind it would literally break that dude.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Here is what I'm getting at. Is he top ten good? Was he even the best player on his college team? I saw him play a couple times and he went bananas once but the other times seemed average.

I think he was the best player on the team. He just had the entire Tarheel Nation on his shoulders and that's a lot to live up to. He'll be fine. He's a hard worker, smart, and keeps his nose down. He'll be a good pro.

I knew TC would come through with a Henson assessment for me. Everything I read about the guy was good and the upside seemed to be worth the pick. I just hope he isn't as fragile as Bogut was. My God. A fart with any power behind it would literally break that dude.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

He's not prone to injury but he'll get stronger and add more mass too. He's a good dude to have on your ball team. He does little things well.

Rivers was the best player on that Duke team, and it wasn't even close. He was the only guy on that entire team that could get his own shot without things being set up for him. He'll be good in the NBA unless they ask him to distribute the ball more than be a scorer.

Also, Chris Bosh is now OUT of the Olympics as well: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...ris-bosh-withdraws-from-olympic-consideration

Remember when it was the highest honor to play in the Olympics? Guys would do anything for the opportunity.

Remember when it was the highest honor to play in the Olympics? Guys would do anything for the opportunity.

I want to go back to College kids.

I can't believe so many guys don't now. It's stupid. Which guy was it that complained about not getting paid for it?

If we meet Spain it could get real ugly. Is Randolph going to be on the team?

I can't believe so many guys don't now. It's stupid. Which guy was it that complained about not getting paid for it?

D-Wade. Now he's "hurt". J/K, I'm sure he is hurt, but it should be an honor to represent your country in the Olympics.

D-Wade. Now he's "hurt". J/K, I'm sure he is hurt, but it should be an honor to represent your country in the Olympics.

If he doesn't want to, I'll take his spot! Lol.

Honestly with the skill the American's have they should win hands down every year, but so many guys don't want to risk injury. It would be cool to see what college kids would do. 1980 hockey all over again!!! Maybe Roy Williams or Coach K could be their Herb Brooks.

HAAHA. Interesting trade happening. Why would anybody have interest in Lamar Odom.

HAAHA. Interesting trade happening. Why would anybody have interest in Lamar Odom.

Hey everybody knows Lamar Odom gets his power from the beach! If he is not near the beach he gets depressed and COMPLETELY FORGETS HOW TO PLAY BASKETBALL.

Lol, Odom in Lob City. Seems like a terrible fit, but that's just me. Anyways, I think Boston had a pretty good draft, and I'm happy to see BC boy Sacre with the Lakers.

I like that trade for the Clippers. I think Odom could get it turned back around this year and really contribute to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back