Forum Testing Example Thread

Guys, I am putting this post in most of the testing threads that we have going on THP right now as well as this thread here. We love video and pictures and think they add a wonderful element to the review threads. We do want to add that it does not take the place of writeups entirely though. This is not directed at anybody at all, just a reminder that testing should be a great mix of video, pictures and written words.

Thanks everybody and keep up the great work.

Guys, I am putting this post in most of the testing threads that we have going on THP right now as well as this thread here. We love video and pictures and think they add a wonderful element to the review threads. We do want to add that it does not take the place of writeups entirely though. This is not directed at anybody at all, just a reminder that testing should be a great mix of video, pictures and written words.

Thanks everybody and keep up the great work.

Thanks for the reminder that everybody might not have high speed internet JB. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks man!

I have read a lot of the posting on here and the video are good. There are a lot of great key tester, but I would like to see the tester have a video of them testing the item and talking about hoe they feel.

I was given s sun mountain Sv2 to test by the pga partners. No only did I record me using it. I as so record member at the course were I work. The pro lovef it and had 67 orders for it on the first day.

It is good to write about your testing, but it is even better to give a verbal testament.

Good luck to all the testers.

I have read a lot of the posting on here and the video are good. There are a lot of great key tester, but I would like to see the tester have a video of them testing the item and talking about hoe they feel.

I was given s sun mountain Sv2 to test by the pga partners. No only did I record me using it. I as so record member at the course were I work. The pro lovef it and had 67 orders for it on the first day.

It is good to write about your testing, but it is even better to give a verbal testament.

See JB's post #52 above, we are asked as reviewers to mix text, pictures and video in our reviews, I believe most reviewers here do follow his recommendation for us to make it a good mix. Good bump on a great thread, nice going golfnut.

Last edited:
Also understand, videos can be very difficult for some. I meant to have several more videos than I did in the PING Hoofer testing, but a combination of internet issues significantly limited my ability to upload them. I will say, if any poster wants to see how integrating videos should be done, to look at omikey's posts. That guy did an AWESOME job.

Videos can be tricky in weather this time of year also. I've tried to shoot on 3 or 4 different days but it's either the wind that makes you not be able to hear or the ground being too saturated to put the video recorder on the ground. Either way, nothing's been of the quality to put up for the testing.

I did this In the Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 thread. I had a few videos from the course during my round of my thoughts on hitting different clubs and shots, and did my thoughts video style rather than another write as I thought it would be fun to do. I enjoyed doing it, and was a fun way to change the testing up a bit. Wish you would have seen it, as I think it is exactly the kind of video you were talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've shot about 3 videos for my latitude testing on course and none came out good. There was way too much wind noise. I hope to get a video for my final roundup of the bag in the next week or so. I may need to be taken inside though.

Has anyone figured out a good way to get videos of swing on clubs without having someone else there to video? I was curious if you could set it up behind you, in front of you and beside you on a tripod type thing and get some great angles. Like using a gorilla pod or something.

Has anyone figured out a good way to get videos of swing on clubs without having someone else there to video? I was curious if you could set it up behind you, in front of you and beside you on a tripod type thing and get some great angles. Like using a gorilla pod or something.
That's what I use, it works just fine.

thats what i do... i have an adjustable arm tri pod that also can wrap around a club head on my bag or somewhere on the cart got mine at Target pretty cheap i think like 20-25 bucks

I've got another question or recommendation needed. As I'm doing my Bridgestone ball testing, I find myself needing something to write notes on to remember for the write-ups later. I can usually remember generalities, but I was thinking if I wanted to note every single shot, what would be the best way to keep those notes on the course? I don't want to spend a ton of time in between shots writing things down. Any ideas or experiences would be very helpful, thanks!

Attach the camera to the cart, and park next to the shot you are gonna take it.

I've got another question or recommendation needed. As I'm doing my Bridgestone ball testing, I find myself needing something to write notes on to remember for the write-ups later. I can usually remember generalities, but I was thinking if I wanted to note every single shot, what would be the best way to keep those notes on the course? I don't want to spend a ton of time in between shots writing things down. Any ideas or experiences would be very helpful, thanks!

If you have an iphone/blackberry/android they all have voice memo options.

I use my voice memo's on my iPhone when I don't have time or want to jot on my notepad. The notepad is my go-to, but the voice memo's work great too.

I'll jot simple notes on the scorecard after each hole.

I'm a bit late to this, but I think that Coolbreeze and Chunkylover77 did a great job on the Wilson Staff Di11 testing thread. Lots of great pictures, impressions on how the clubs looked and felt, breakdowns of entire rounds including club selection, ball flight, etc. The other great thing they did was answer questions quickly and with good information, and went out and tried things that people asked them to. In fact I notice that they're both still contributing to the thread 14 months after the testing first started.

I think those 2 guys, ably assisted by the other testers (don't want to denegrate the good work they did), convinced a lot of people to buy those clubs. I tend to try and read up as much as I can on something when I'm spending that amount of money, and once I found that thread I didn't need to go anywhere else.

I had a thought tonight about search results. I did a few Google searches for different things like R11 reviews, RBZ reviews, and noticed that sometimes the THP testing threads aren't even on the first page. I know that the more keywords are used in a thread, the higher it will appear in the results. The testing threads usually only have the word "review" in the title and not much in the actual posts, so they don't show up as high when someone searches for reviews. Since we all want the THP reviews and testing threads to be at the top, maybe someone that knows more about web design than I do could give some pointers in this thread about using keywords like "the RBZ's" more often instead of things like "these clubs".

How does the testing work?, you get the clubs, ball, etc. Then you test it and then you send it back?

How does the testing work?, you get the clubs, ball, etc. Then you test it and then you send it back?

Nope. If you adequately test the product, it is yours to keep. If not then they will ask for it back for someone else to test. if you read the singup thread JB always posts something about it on the first post

Nope. If you adequately test the product, it is yours to keep. If not then they will ask for it back for someone else to test. if you read the singup thread JB always posts something about it on the first post

Thanks very much, I will look forward to do some testing next year!

Back