2012 AT&T National at Congressional [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a goofier guy on tour than hunter mahan? I dare say there is not

The Hoss is leaking oil..+3 and starting to flirt with the cutline (+5). I would NOT want to walk a course that long in this weather...jeez...

Your not kidding, Staples and myself were there today and it was amazingly hot, couldn't drink enough water. You could tell the pros were feeling it too.

Your not kidding, Staples and myself were there today and it was amazingly hot, couldn't drink enough water. You could tell the pros were feeling it too.

Hey it was good running into you @ the AT&T .
It was certainly hot but the course played great nothing easy out there.
Ryan's talking about getting together I'm all in.

Hey it was good running into you @ the AT&T .
It was certainly hot but the course played great nothing easy out there.
Ryan's talking about getting together I'm all in.

Yeah man, really nice to meet another THPer. That course was tough. If you didn't find the fairways that rough was brutal. I'm making plans to attend the North Carolina event with Staples, but we should try to get something together up this way as well.

Watching the replay. The Hoss appears to be losing to The Heat. And I don't mean Miami. The Hoss would dominate LeBron. 100* and he do not appear to be getting along, however.

Kevin

Watching the replay. The Hoss appears to be losing to The Heat. And I don't mean Miami. The Hoss would dominate LeBron. 100* and he do not appear to be getting along, however.

Kevin

The Hoss is lost. That par 3 he dropped in the water took the wind outta his sails.

--
Tapatalk2

DC got gigantic thunderstorms tonight, should be interesting to see how soft the course plays tomorrow.

The Hoss is lost. That par 3 he dropped in the water took the wind outta his sails.

--
Tapatalk2

Wide bottom khaki wearers like me and The Hoss do our best work in cool weather. The heat is for chumps.

Kevin

Thank you Hunter Mahan for pulling my fantasy team out of a big ass hole today!!

Thank you Hunter Mahan for pulling my fantasy team out of a big ass hole today!!

Yeah I had to put him in for the weekend.

I have guys in 1st, 2nd, and 5th right now. Not too shabby.

Furyk and DJ. Not good.
Mahan and Tringale. Good.

Another average day in an average way. Psychic powers failed me, didn't see that coming. And I had Scott and Davis to go in.

That heat must just be unreal. I'm not sure if I'd pass out, melt, or just stroke out playing in that. We're supposed to get 31* with Humidex 36* (87 - 97F) today, and that's enough to make me a sodden little man.

Martin Laird is lurking with intent, just a few back. He's got the length to get round here low, if he can drop a few putts. Wonder if it'll play softer today?

Full on delay mode.

I assume they had storms down in Bethesda too. We had massive storms last night around midnight, even woke up to a huge limb down on the fence in the backyard. But its still going to be nasty hot outside today.

No fans allowed today.

Full story from PGATour.com, will be weird to see zero fans out there today if they actually play today.

http://tourreport.pgatour.com/2012/06/30/round-3-delayed-at-congressional/

Strong storms made their way through the East Coast overnight, and one of the victims was Congressional.
Players were tweeting that trees and tents were down on the property, and cleanup was expected to take some time Saturday. The third round was slated to begin at 7:10 a.m. in twosomes off the first tee, but that has been delayed at least three hours.
As daylight appeared at Congressional, it was evident the amount of damage that appeared: Tents were down, trees down, and the power was out on the property. The damage was such that the tournament announced early Saturday that the course was closed to all fans and volunteers in the interest of safety.
Winds around 70 to 80 mph were reported in the vicinity. Trees were down to roads leading to the course as well, and cell phone service has been interrupted for some. The storms knocked out power to over 3 million people alone along the storm’s path.
It’s unknown whether the third round will be played Saturday, but play will definitely resume on Sunday, with all Saturday tickets being honored.
Stay tuned for details.

3rd round starts at 1pm with groups going off both 1 and 10. No fans today. Updated tee times: http://ow.ly/bVPyy

Also, according to Bob Estes, a maintenance worker died yesterday due to the heat at Congressional...

Update for everyone. They are not allowing ANY fans or volunteers at the AT&T today! But are going to try to get everyone through round three

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure will be interesting to watch with no fans there.

That was my first thought as well.

But the storm that moved through here was crazy. I was in my car and the wind was moving it pretty good. It was pretty cool though

Wonder if the caddies will pick up the slack and yell mashed potatoes

Is this on national coverage? I am at Bw3 an need to tell them what channel

Go-Go Gadget Signature!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back