What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Range and chipping green

Range session - 180 balls, all clubs. Putt for 30 min. Total 2 hrs sweatin' like a piggy in the sun.

Picked up a 3 hybrid to fill the gap between my 3 wood and 4 iron. Also picked up a dozen balls.

18 in the heat.

Played 9 holes after work. Was a hot one, 100deg the past 2 day's has the course pretty baked.

Ugh, had a melt down and am once again completely lost with my swing.

Ugh, had a melt down and am once again completely lost with my swing.

Feel your pain. Wondering if you keep a written checklist of swing thoughts all the way from takeaway to finishing?
I find that even after golfing for 30 years and having a pretty stable swing, it is a good way of "finding" my swing again whenever it changes.

Feel your pain. Wondering if you keep a written checklist of swing thoughts all the way from takeaway to finishing?
I find that even after golfing for 30 years and having a pretty stable swing, it is a good way of "finding" my swing again whenever it changes.

I use to be like that, I could fix my swing but it got the point where I couldn't so I started taking lessons. Its honestly weird, had a great lesson on Wednesday and felt pretty good about my swing. I had a little bit of the hooks earlier in the week but it wasn't terrible. I have been working on a lot of drills, hitting balls etc. I played yesterday and hooked almost everything, hit the range and it seemed to go away. I hit the range tonight because I have really been trying to work on holding my lag and I started off decent, just some slight fades and then BOOM shanks. I hit a large bucket plus some that were given to me and I shanked about 50 - 70 shots out of them, I mean I couldn't hit the ball off the ground. Tried taking half shots, couldn't hit them, tried twenty yard pitch shots and I couldn't hit them either. It was a mess.

Last edited:
Got another productive range session in today. I'm starting to feel more confident.

I bought a mint condition Taylormade RBZ HL driver and a UST junior shaft from Flynn golf. I installed the RBZ sleeve, cut it down, and installed the grip today. It's going to be his birthday present Sunday. Were going out Sunday morning to play.

Got fitted for my new irons, i am excited to use them tomorrow on a round!

Haven't done it yet, but I have a two man best ball match today. We call it "The Bluecoat." I've never seen the coat, but the matches are fun. My partner is all excited because I played such an epic singles match last week. Which usually means I crap the bed the next. Going to be playing in my new spikeless shoes and a new glove.

Because I'm worth it.

Kevin

Last night I joined a golf club. I decided to join the Cannongate North Houston clubs because of their affordability and included the whole family + it gives me 3 courses (2 private & 1 semi-private) to choose from here in The Woodlands. Oh, and they gave me a RBZ driver when I signed.

Last night I joined a golf club. I decided to join the Cannongate North Houston clubs because of their affordability and included the whole family + it gives me 3 courses (2 private & 1 semi-private) to choose from here in The Woodlands. Oh, and they gave me a RBZ driver when I signed.

Oh snap! That sounds great man. Free drivers are always a sweet bonus.

That is awesome man. Congrats.

That's awesome 2shoes, really cool that you can play multiple courses as part of the membership - keeps you mixing it up and not getting bored!

Tappin' from the iPhone!

That is freaking fantastic man! Congrats!

3 courses is SWEET....and the free driver is a nice bonus too of course haha

Awesome! Congrats man that sounds like a sweet set up.

Man I am super jealous. I really want to join a club of some type. Just don't have the cash right now. Congrats dude!

Great idea! I have been keeping records of my clubs and distances. I should write down my swing thoughts as well.

You will find you play better when you are a member of the club. Not saying your scores will reflect this, just now you feel like it is your course and you can relax a little. At least that what happened to me. Only now though I spend time picking up trash from other golfers because after all, it is MY course now.. The RBZ is a great driver. You will hit some long bombs with this

Man I am super jealous. I really want to join a club of some type. Just don't have the cash right now. Congrats dude!
Thanks everyone. With 2 boys hitting the range 3-4 times a week @ $22 a pop for both, and my range time too...it was better to do this since it's $199 a year for unlimited range balls for all of us. Plus they have awesome grass vs. dirt @ the public range.

They had a June Father's Day month deal $600 initiation ($1,000 normal) and $170/mo = $26 rounds with cart versus the $50 - $70+ weekend rounds for most courses in the area.

The Membership Director actually asked me "do you want that free driver too?"

Thanks everyone. With 2 boys hitting the range 3-4 times a week @ $22 a pop for both, and my range time too...it was better to do this since it's $199 a year for unlimited range balls for all of us. Plus they have awesome grass vs. dirt @ the public range.

They had a June Father's Day month deal $600 initiation ($1,000 normal) and $170/mo = $26 rounds with cart versus the $50 - $70+ weekend rounds for most courses in the area.

The Membership Director actually asked me "do you want that free driver too?"

Damn that's a good deal. If I could find something like that where I live I'd join in a heartbeat. Everything within reasonable driving distance is $500-$600 a month after food, assessments and regular monthly dues (initiation fees range from 2 to 40 grand). It is just really hard to justify that kind of coin on golf when we have a shortened season.

This is my report from yesterday, which was a golf filled day:

I spoke with my best friend that's coming up from CA for our Bandon trip and finalized details.

I played 9 and really focused on course management (successfully).

My 12* G10 arrived. I spent time with it on the range then had it shortened and re-gripped.

Played 36 holes yesterday 76 - 70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back