Magnetic Headcovers

jag398

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm not to sure where this post belongs, but I had a small question for the community. I just got a new scotty cameron with a customized headcover (paintfill was free with it) and want to make it magnetic. I saw the write up ( http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=3547 ) that's been done and was wondering if anyone has done this or has a different and very effective method? Anyone have any recommendations?

Last edited:
Am I reading this correct that you're wanting to make the closure magnetic?

--
Tapatalk2

You want to alter a customized scotty headcover??? Don't people spend lots of money on these on Ebay???

You want to change the velcro on the headcover to a magnetic closure?? Seems like a lot of work for little return but if it floats your boat try it a and report back. Nice putter though.

You want to alter a customized scotty headcover??? Don't people spend lots of money on these on Ebay???

The Velcro for Scotty camerons sucks. I've had 4 over the years and the headcover's Velcro always gives you trouble after a few months. Magnetic headcovers work so much better and don't fall off. I'd hate to lose my headcover so I'm making it magnetic today. I'll report back and let you all know how it goes.

The Velcro for Scotty camerons sucks. I've had 4 over the years and the headcover's Velcro always gives you trouble after a few months. Magnetic headcovers work so much better and don't fall off. I'd hate to lose my headcover so I'm making it magnetic today. I'll report back and let you all know how it goes.

Looking forward to seeing how you make out. I'd prob practice on an old one first but good luck.

Looking forward to seeing how you make out. I'd prob practice on an old one first but good luck.

Absolutely perfect. It worked great and the headcover closes and opens very smoothly while maintaining a very snug fit that would never fall off. I'm very pleased with the results and my wife stitched the felt to the headcover to make a really nice seal. I'll post pictures later!

Well, I just use generic version for my Scotty, cause I know at least 2 of my buddies got their scotty stolen at the country club...yup, flash Scotty head over just screams, "I dare you to steal this club". No thanks. Generic cover with magnet or Velcro is better way to go for me.

Just my thing...

Just ordered some strong magnets so I can convert my velcro to magnatic...it was posted somewhere here what to do, so it should be fun.

My Nike Method 001 putter came with a really nice magnetic cover. I'd put a cover like that on a Scotty and put the original cover on the shelf. Besides protecting the Scotty cover, using a non-Scotty cover may prevent theft. Those Scotty covers are like neon signs alerting everyone that you have a $300+ putter. I put a Nike magnetic driver headcover on my R11 driver. I don't care what happens to that cover and it's much easier and faster to get it on and off than the TaylorMade sock.

My OCD would never let me use the incorrect headcover.
My Nike Method 001 putter came with a really nice magnetic cover. I'd put a cover like that on a Scotty and put the original cover on the shelf. Besides protecting the Scotty cover, using a non-Scotty cover may prevent theft. Those Scotty covers are like neon signs alerting everyone that you have a $300+ putter. I put a Nike magnetic driver headcover on my R11 driver. I don't care what happens to that cover and it's much easier and faster to get it on and off than the TaylorMade sock.

I def. perfer my magnetic headcover for my oddyssey 330 mallet, dont have to worry about the velcro wearing out and dropping my headcover while walking like I did with my old putter.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

I too perfer the magnetic, may try converting my THP citrus edition HC so I can game it for a while.

I do love magnetic. When I ordered my SeeMore I made sure they sent out one of the old ones that was magnetic. I'm afraid of the velcro scratching the finish. Plus it's load to open.

For those who want to convert your existing velcro to magnetic...

This was written back in 2009, however, this is what I am going to do.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=3547

Earth magnets (15mm) are on its way...using little stronger magnets so that it will close better (recommended at the bottom of the article)

My OCD would never let me use the incorrect headcover.

i know right? i always think about using a different headcover for the sake of not getting stolen, or less chance, but then i think i might put down my bag, look at the putter headcover and think "WHAT? WHERES MY SCOTTY!?!?!"

Back