What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Round at Wyantenuk CC

First Round at Wyantenuk CC

Shot 85 that could have been better with better course management par here is 70

Teed off at 6:18 yikes.

43/43 for best score of the year so yay I guess.

Posted via tapatalk

Solid round hawk, congrats man! That's early, but worth while for scores like that!

37/37 today, (one-man scramble, haha). I was pretty disapointed being I had two shots at everything, but the driver just is not cutting it right now. I need some lesson before the tourvan trip to Iowa!

Played a shorter course today (6,250). Shot a 40/36; 76. Tied my personal best at +4, finished strong with birdies on 17 & 18.

6 bogeys, 2 birdies.
10 fairways, 10 greens. 30 total putts.

Ended up shooting an 81 yesterday, 38 and 43. Had three doubles on the back, just missed a few birdie putts but it was a good round.

played 18 this morning in the heat. it was 95 by 10:00AM and the humidity was up today...pretty mizzable.

frustrating day. 46/46 for a 92. not long ago I would have been happy with that but it was one of those days. I had a fade, or a hard slice on every single shot I hit today...could not seem to make it stop. If I hit a decent drive, I'd hose my 2nd shot. If I hit a GIR, I'd 3-putt.

hit 6 fairways...2 of them stayed in due to lucky bounces...I missed evey other one to the right. I did manage to pull off some decent recoveries but not many. I only hit 2 GIRs out of the 6 FIRs.
only hit 6 greens in regulation and 3-putted on 4 of the 6. On every 3-putt, I missed the 2nd putt when it was less than 3 feet from the cup....just couldn't get a putting stroke to feel right.

started with a triple bogey, par, then a string of 8 bogeys, a par, 3 bogeys, a par, and finished with 3 doubles. my short game was finally working but nothing else was. Gotta love this game.

Got out early today to try and beat the heat and came up with another round in the 80's. 45/43. Snowman on the first hole, but got it going after that. 5 pars and a nice birdie.

+ 4 = 76 yesterday.
Heading back to the course in 30 mins.

Played a shorter course today (6,250). Shot a 40/36; 76. Tied my personal best at +4, finished strong with birdies on 17 & 18.

6 bogeys, 2 birdies.
10 fairways, 10 greens. 30 total putts.

That is a great score no matter the length. Congrats my friend

I don't want to talk about it. (102 - 52/50)

Teed off at 11:30. It was frikken hot and I had the course basically to myself. Started off a little slow with some bogies but just got into a groove out there. Played the next 11 holes in 1 under par. Tied my personal best with a 75. Went back out and played 9 and shot a 36. Wish I could have finished that round as I was feeling it. Frikken hurricane blew through though and I had to run from the course. Felt like all assets of my game were on today.

Teed off at 11:30. It was frikken hot and I had the course basically to myself. Started off a little slow with some bogies but just got into a groove out there. Played the next 11 holes in 1 under par. Tied my personal best with a 75. Went back out and played 9 and shot a 36. Wish I could have finished that round as I was feeling it. Frikken hurricane blew through though and I had to run from the course. Felt like all assets of my game were on today.

Hmmm, we both match our PB's on the same day? Interesting. Nice shooting bro!!

Hmmm, we both match our PB's on the same day? Interesting. Nice shooting bro!!

We are meant to be buds! Congrats man. Funny thing is that I really had no clue that I was even in the 70s. 3 birdie's really help

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

86 with 3 doubles on the front. Getting better in my first year back. Actually hit the ball pretty badly, but I'm starting to remember how to golf.

Tappin'

90 - 43,47

I really feel like I'm knocking on the door of shooting in the 80s. Last 4 rounds have been 91, 90, 98, 90.

78 (40/38). I had 3 three putts. Boo. 1 double and only 1 birdie, and lipped out a couple others. The greens we slow and I just couldn't adjust. I'd either blow them by or leave them 5 feet short.

The second round of the tournament started with a pull hook into a bush for an unplayable lie-bogie. The second hole shoved left deep into the woods for another bogie. I thought I had it back on track with two birdies in the next four holes and back to even. But it was not my day on the green. (not many days are) I started leaving putts 2 inches short for four holes in a row, one was for eagle and one was for birdie.

I may have wilted in the heat/humidity after the third day of being in it. 81 (39, 42)

It was fun competing though and, as always, I learned from the experience.

We are meant to be buds! Congrats man. Funny thing is that I really had no clue that I was even in the 70s. 3 birdie's really help

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Me either dude, i've learned to ignore the scorecard.

Went out by myself on my little "home" course. Was about 85 and windy with possible storm on the horizon... But hey, this isTexas. It hardly ever rains. More on that later...
I took a little notebook since I was alone. The course was pretty deserted so i didn't have to worry about holding anyone up.

Red tee (ladies) = 70.0/117
Yardage = 9/2430, 18/5009

My goal was to try for "double bogey golf" as suggested by the fine THP membership.

It worked except for 2 of the par 3s, both over H2O... Both blowups. And then the bit of army golf on #7. Other than that I did OK.

The storm hit as I was putting out on 9, complete with thunder, lightning and big rain so I quit for the day.

For the nine I played, I was 20 over 35. Had 4 bogeys, 2 double bogeys and 3 yucko holes.

87 @ Laurentide GC this Canada Day with my buddy, Pete. He got 94. Not bad swings today, as far as having sore right ribs. It's lessening now. Took power cart for 18 holes and got a birdie too.

Nice rounds today. Congrats war and chunky on the PB rounds.

Played the front nine at patriots glen which is my new go to course if I don't feel like driving anywhere. Shot a 42 with 4/7 FW's and 5 GIR's and 17 putts. Rolled my old Seemore not the new one and I loved it. The two three putts were from a mile away and just left them too short. Even then my putts were all scaring the hole today. Even though that's the best I've scored and hit the ball in months I can't help but look at those two holes a triple and a finishing double and want them back. Positive progress though.

Great rounds Captain Chunky & War Eagle!! Like where your golf games are headed right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back