A bigger putter grip

Evok

Don't worry, Be happy!
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone else feel like their putter grip is too small? By small I mean too thin. I have an odyssey white hot #7 which I love but sometimes it feels too head heavy almost awkward with the stock grip. I was just curious if a larger grip would change this feeling at all. Anyone tried it with good results? Also some grip recommendations would be awesome.

Last edited:
Super Stroke Slim? I've been pondering making the change for a while, just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet because I've been putting well with the Iomic +3 wraps I currently have on it.

Dunno if this particular grip would change the putter feeling head heavy or not. Personally, I hope not, because I hate light headed putters...or ones that feel like one.

I've got one of the Super Stroke grips, and it definitely changes the feel of the putter. I love it, and it's definitely made a difference in my putting. Plus, if you've got big hands like I do, you'll be able to hold it with a little less grip pressure, which will allow you to swing the head more.

I recently got a bigger grip on my putter and I noticed that my putting has been better since I don't use my wrists anymore.

Moved this thread from contests to the putter section.

Thanks JB. I didnt realize I was posting in the wrong spot haha. Thanks for the suggestions guys ill take a look at those grips. My putting isnt awful it just doesnt feel right. Im really hoping one of those bigger grips will help this.

I recently got a bigger grip on my putter and I noticed that my putting has been better since I don't use my wrists anymore.

Exactly why I switched to a Winn Jumbo grip. Totally quiets my hands and more importantly I don't squeeze the putter like a vice anymore

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Exactly why I switched to a Winn Jumbo grip. Totally quiets my hands and more importantly I don't squeeze the putter like a vice anymore

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^
I've used a Jumbo Crown grip a lot. But went for a Jumbo lightweight grip for my MC putter.

As a matter of fact a large grip will change the feel of the putter, at least it does for me. Too large and I lose feel but a mid grip puts the putter more in my fingers and I feel like a maximum control over my putting activity. Too small and I feel like I'm choking the grip.
I'd like to see more putters produced with midsize grips. I'm not sure the average consumer gives it too much thought though.

Another vote for the Super Strokes. :good:

I used this one for a while. It was too big for me and I went back to the Jumbo Crown.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=999

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?513-Wishbone-Grip-Unboxing

wishbone3.jpg

I recently changed to a Super Stroke Slim and I wish I had done it earlier. I absolutely love this grip.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I recently changed to a Super Stroke Slim and I wish I had done it earlier. I absolutely love this grip.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

...I'm sold. Said above I've been in ponder mode for a while, but screw it. Time to pull the trigger.

I have the SuperStroke Slim on all of my putters. It takes my hands/wrists totally out of the putting stroke.

I put the Winn jumbo grip on my ghost spider and changed the weights from the stock 4gram to 12 gram weights and have been putting much better. My hands are just so more comfortable, and my stroke isn't as wristy.

Nice this is exactly what I was looking for. I'm going to check out the Winn and superstroke grips see if I can test them at golf galaxy or something. Thanks for the input everyone

I played the Winn Jumbo but just switched to the Super Stroke Slim and am loving it. I like the more rounded feel as compared to the Winn. Both are great at quieting my hands/wrists.

I think you'll see a big difference in your stroke

Nice this is exactly what I was looking for. I'm going to check out the Winn and superstroke grips see if I can test them at golf galaxy or something. Thanks for the input everyone

Love the super stroke slim. On slow greens and a putter with an insert this combo shines. But when I face fast greens, I use my Cameron with mid size to increase feel and touch. Just like Tadashi said, the big grip really makes you rely on the length of the stroke and tempo to be on point.

I'll be heading to GG early this week to finally have the SuperStroke Slim Lite put on my Bettinardi. Priced it out on eBay tonight, and it's only $2 cheaper on there vs. GG, so I'll just get it at GG instead and not have to wait for it to ship to me.

I'm pretty excited to have finally decided to really pull the trigger on this, I just hope it doesn't backfire because I love my Iomic +3 wraps and have been putting well all season with it. Gotta think the SS won't hurt that, though. We shall see.

I was having trouble being consistant with my Odyssey Sabertooth, so after considering trading it in for something else or selling it,I finally cut it down one inch from 35" to 34" and installed a Winn Jumbo lite grip.The grip really feels much better to me and helps to keep me from using too much wrist action.

I'll be heading to GG early this week to finally have the SuperStroke Slim Lite put on my Bettinardi. Priced it out on eBay tonight, and it's only $2 cheaper on there vs. GG, so I'll just get it at GG instead and not have to wait for it to ship to me.

I'm pretty excited to have finally decided to really pull the trigger on this, I just hope it doesn't backfire because I love my Iomic +3 wraps and have been putting well all season with it. Gotta think the SS won't hurt that, though. We shall see.

Betti + Super Stroke FTW!

Recently put a Super Stroke Fatso on my '99 Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna Two putter and I love it.

Ya you know one thing i hadn't considered was cutting down my putter an inch or so. I always choke way down on it so by removing some length might be very interesting. Thanks for the thought. I plan on going to GG as well so I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Let us know how you make out too Hart.

Back