I have a UST V2 R in my 3 wood, I have yet to hit it. Is there a difference b/t my UST & your UST?

Shafts like putters are different for every person. I personally do not care that much for the UST High Launch. I recommend seeing a fitter and getting the right fit for your swing.

I have a UST V2 R in my 3 wood, I have yet to hit it. Is there a difference b/t my UST & your UST?

I actually don't have a V2 in anything right now, but I had one in my last driver, and loved it. But like JB said shafts are very personal, what works for me may not work for you. So getting fit would be your best bet.

Does fitter typically charge for that? Even if I don't buy? I really just wanted them to put a new shaft in the old driver.

Talk to a shaft fitter and they can get you the shaft and put it in your club for you. You do not have to buy a new club.

Seems that I can get away with a stiff shaft, right? I had an Ignite driver(before my brother broke the head off) it had a R flex it was REALLY whippy.
What good prices for this?

You want the softest flex shaft your swing can handle.

Talk to a shaft fitter and they can get you the shaft and put it in your club for you. You do not have to buy a new club.

I called my guy(non big box store) today and he said that he could re-shaft the driver for me. But he was saying that in order for me to really experience the new shaft I'd really need to get one of the newer drivers. He says that my face isn't hot enough. My driver IS an 06 (I think) Any input?

I think "your guy" is trying to sell you equipment. Im sure that your face is not truly the hottest face out there. However a shaft will change ball flight more than the head does in a driver. I think "your guy" may need to be replaced.

You might be right. I like this guy too. This is a case where all I want(i think) is a new shaft in my older driver. It's also an economic decision for me too. Why can't he just put the shaft in the driver? I'm looking at the UST high launch or the aura to put in. what's a good price for those services?

I'm trying to get a UST or a Aura. But how do I find out the shaft size that'll fit into my driver? Are the sizes universal or.....?

TM r580 xd tip should be .335".
BTW, that was one of the best drivers I ever owned. I had a 9.5* w/ a V2 75 stiff in it that I absolutely killed. Not sure why I gave it away. When I get some cash I'm gonna find one and try that combo out again...

I am looking at that shaft too. 75 might be too heavy for me. I'll stick with a 65. That's what's in there stock now. and I hit it okay.

I just called another place about the charge for driver shaft replacement and the said $18. Is that about right?

Since you guys seem to know a lot about shaft modifications . . .

What would cutting down a shaft by 3/4 of an inch do to the swingweight? I seem to recall reading that it would drop the swingweight a lot.

How would you keep the swingweight the same?

In many cases butt cutting it would not affect much.

TM r580 xd tip should be .335".
BTW, that was one of the best drivers I ever owned. I had a 9.5* w/ a V2 75 stiff in it that I absolutely killed. Not sure why I gave it away. When I get some cash I'm gonna find one and try that combo out again...

The R 580XD is a .350 Hosel ID. TaylorMade drivers are .350 except for the TP models which are .335

butt trimming a driver an inch would reduce the swingweight by 1. I just installed a Pink NV 85 X Stiff tipped 3/4 of an inch at 45.5 inches long. I originally had it at 46 and it was just too heavy so I cut a 1/2 inch off the butt and its absolutely perfect. The Wilson Staff Smooth is now complete and perfect

The R 580XD is a .350 Hosel ID. TaylorMade drivers are .350 except for the TP models which are .335

Is this fact? Where did you get this info? I am about to buy a shaft online but I don't know what size to get? I don' t really want to be stuck with a shaft I can't use.

someone want to talk me into re-shafting my driver with the Aura Red?

I love my Aura Red!!!!

I shopping it again(4th time!) Cheapest I see it for is $69.

I paid $75 for mine.

The Red must be a better shaft than the Blue. I see the Blue for $49. Is this the case?

One is not better than the other. Just different type of shaft. I think in our review we outlined each one.

Back